Well crap. (360 RROD)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by An Army of Bees, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, my warranty is out. My 360 was bought on launch day and such. As for the PS3, I'll wait for when Twisted Metal comes out to pick one up. I already have someone wanting my bricked console for about $50, $80 with hard drive.

I don't need another. There's already 2 in the house. :O

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And yet it still doesn't stop people.

3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Yup, I got it the other day too. It's all good, though. I didn't use it too much.

4. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got no intention of swaying him from the 360, but I'm just trying to save him the time and money it will take to change over to a slim when there is a fairly easy and cheap fix out there. I know he said he doesn't want another person's 'sloppy seconds', but if it's his own console, then I don't see how that is an issue.

If a slim is what he wants, then by all means get one, but I just wanted to make him aware that a cheap fix, that is actually quite easy, is available.

5. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thats a pretty good idea as well getting an Alienware.

6. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Again, not gonna happen. I already have too much 360 stuff to just blindly ditch the console for something where the only games I want so far are multiplatform or nonexistant (GT5)

Last time I tried fixing a console, my left hand became numb for a few days due to my own stupidity. I think I'll pass.

Why buy an Alienware when you can build your own (Better) PC for cheaper?

7. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

I don't understand why you guys are suggesting alienware when the guy's Xbox is broken. Like there's only a fraction of xbox games that are multi-plat on PC and in many cases those are inferior ports.

Sorry your car broke down, you should go get yourself some new jeans.

8. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:

What console were you working on? It sounds like one that I don't want to mess around with

Also, I totally agree with you about the alienware stuff. I've tried explaining that you can build your own pc with better components for cheaper, but people still buy alienware for some reason knowing that.

9. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Sokar, my xbox just crapped out as well. Got that link to fix my Xbox?

10. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It wasn't so much the Gamecube as it was my own stupidity with the screwdriver. Turned too hard, something popped in my wrist and boom. Here comes the numbing.

And it's effort. People rather pay twice as much if it means half the work.

11. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I'd get the slim or get a PS3 if you want to upgrade to watch blurays. Good luck either way!

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    What? That's a joke right? There's almost no real good exclusives for the 360, and just from the controls alone (not to mention more options, better graphics, FREE ONLINE PLAY) the PC version of any multiplat is going to be better.

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Did you make sure to read the part where he's already decided on getting a new 360?

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate to break this to PC gamers, but there's a world of gamers who prefer playing on consoles. If you grew up using a controller, odds are that's what you're comfortable with and also sitting in a comfortable living room in front of a large TV. But seriously when someone asks for other Xbox options, and then other peoples say "no, you should get something that isn't compatible with the games you have, plays totally different, costs 4 times as much, and in general is what I like and you should like what I like" is pretty much a spam response. Odds are the OP has a computer that can run xbox 360 quality games (the tech is about 8 years old now if not more so) but like me prefers the 360 or another console for gaming. There's nothing wrong with that. I use my computer for other things, mostly work and internet. I grew up playing consoles and they just seem more "fun" to me and I've never found myself trying to convince PC gamers to switch and have no idea why I ALWAYS hear PC gamers trying to downtalk to console players. I'm pretty sure most of us are aware of the capabilities of computers.

15. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

I actually had 2 360's Red ring on me luckily within warranty. I am on my third one right now and it has yet to croak. But all things come to those who wait and I am sure it wont be long.

16. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

The consoles have tons of games that are not available on PC. Are you living under a rock?

There are lots of PC games that are bad ports of console titles. I didn't say all of them, I said there are many cases. You might want to do a little research before you make a blanket generalized statement.

This isn't a consoles are better than PC argument, but you don't replace an Xbox 360 with a PC and expect the same experience. I thought my analogy was pretty clear.

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Speaking on 360 vs PC specifically, there are very few the 360 has that are worth mentioning. There's a reason my 360 is in a box in the closet while my PC, PS3, and Wii all get a good amount of play. Exclusives.

Sure there are games released on the PC that aren't that well optimized in comparison to their console counterparts, but they aren't really all that common. And any game that is virtually identical between console and PC will be better on PC.

You're right, you don't get the same experience, you get a better one.

18. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Holy hell. You people can read, right?

My decision is already made. I'm getting another 360. You won't budge that decision.

I've had a PS3. Got rid of it. I have a computer for Blu-Ray and don't really care. Upscaled DVDs are good enough. This is a thread regarding the 360 Slim. That's all. Thanks for turning a thread into a HURR GET SYSTEM A AS IT'S BETTER THAN SYSTEM B thread. You want to push PC Gaming or the PS3? Do it somewhere else.

In fact, if a mod could lock this I'd appreciate it.

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Seriously, way to go completely out of your wat to turn this from an advice thread into another "PC Superiority" crapfest.

20. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Well I think you should..........

:: looks at the posts ::

:confused2 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.