Well, check it out- WFC & PRIME share the same Cybertron!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Dec 5, 2010.

1. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    And in a universe where the 1986 movie never happened, and we hadn't seen anything happen since 1985, that would give 25 years to have Cybertron totally annihilated.
    But, as I said, there other things to knock the G1 connection aside already, like the humans not knowing about the Transformers, where in 1984 / 1985 everyone knew about them. Like the time Cybertron was in the sky.

2. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Looks like they just used the WFC model as inspiration. The locations of "cities" seem to be pretty much the same. Just a different art style (much different).

Looks to me like instead of "one continuity", the whole thing is just a complete reboot of all of it, with much more similarity between series than with the older G1. This way the error-riddled G1 can be rewritten, and WFC can serve as the "base" for new continuities instead of G1.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Depends. Does Hasbro owns the sky like they own the Transformers brand? That analogy is not exactly accurate.

On another note, why canĀ“t this issue stay dead? It would be soo fucking great.

4. Frans42000

Frans42000 Well-Known Member

OK, here are three examples of Cybertron. Two from WFC from and the Prime version.

I would not go so far as to say they are in continuity with each other. Rather I would rather have them as parallel story.

However, clearly the Cybertron shown in Prime is exactly the same as the High Moon studios Logo (right before it transforms). I am sure it was used simply to save time and not reinvent the wheel so to speak.

Still, it must be a trip for the artists at High Moon to not only have toys on the shelf of their design, but to have their logo used on TV for the new cartoon.

Attached Files:

5. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Hum lets see save budget, and use an already rendered model. Why waste time rendering a new one. Most Cybertrons dont really look that distinct anyways, unless your speaking Beast Machines when the thing actually started spouting plants everywhere.