Welker on CHUD!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by misterd, Jun 16, 2007.

1. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Frank Welker wrote a note to CHUD's Devin after Dev seemed to make a disparaging remark about Welker's G1 Megatron. It resulted in a nice little exchange which tfans might like to read.

http://www.chud.com

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
  3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    God I love Welker...>_>

I have to say though, I really don't think classic Megs would work with the movie version..but then again without knowing how Weaving did it, and how Welker would have done it no one can say for sure.

4. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

DAMN RIGHT.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Welker is the greatest. I really wish he could've been Megs again for the movie.

6. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Frank Welker is awesome.

I will really miss his voice in the new movie.

To me, his Megatron was just as important as Peter Cullen as Prime. Getting the main characters right was a big thing for me. Cullen without Welker seems like a huge loss. Welker's voice coming out of the radically redesigned movie Megatron would have gone a long wat towards me accepting the big changes in his appearance.

While I like Hugo Weaving, it will be hard not to wish Welker was doing the voice every time I hear movie Megatron speak.

Not having Welker voice movie Megatron was is a big mistake, IMHO.

Weaving will probably do a fine job.

I wasn't hoping for fine. I was hoping for Megatron.

7. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

You know when I read the Prequel comics it was Welkers Megatron. Thats what I think of(Unless its Beast Wars..but that is a different Megatron anyway) and it worked. Perfectly for me. I like Hugo Weavings voice though. Could work just fine but I really love Welkers Megatron. Frank I am having a beer for you right now old friend.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It's interesting.

Throughout the years, Optimus Prime's character in cartoons has always been pushed to SOUND like Peter Cullen (Kaplan, Chalk) ... but Megatron was always changed around based on the physical look of the character (forget the RID guy, and David Kaye).

I find that interesting.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Now thats how you get a point across. None of this prima dona shit, no high and mighty attitude. Welker was the winner there because he didn't alienate the man that wrote it.

MilkManX, I'll pour a pint with ya too :) 

10. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

Dammit, I wanna' get in on this!

*Wishes he had beer in the house* :redface2: 

11. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Frank Welker is Megatron.
    Period!

12. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

Agreed.

Along with David Kaye, Daniel Riordan and Hugo Weaving... :D 

13. betetta

betetta guitar face

QF absolute T

...but the one we got isn't that bad either.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

heh. yeah.

while i'm happy for welker and all his fantastic work, i have to agree in that i just dont see it working for this movie [obviously bay & co. thought so too]

i never much cared for the original G1 voice [it was cool, and fitting for the time] but yeah... it was definately identifiable. cant argue with that

anyways, an interesting read [i guess :p . i mean...replying to one interview saying "well I thought i was good...and so did hasbro so...i musta been good..or something...." was just kind of a little awkward reading :p 

15. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

And as you're not seeing the movie, to you he always will be! Hey, a win-win situation for ya!

Unfortuntely he's also Scooby Do's FREDDY, GI Joe's WILD BILL, SHORT FUSE, TORCH, Transformers RUMBLE, GALVATRON, MIRAGE, and too many more to mention.
    Just my personal opinion so apologies to Mr. Welker if he feels the need to come and give me a dressing down, but they all sound the same to me. Providing several voices in the same series (as with JOE and TF) is especially distracting when I'm watching.
    I'll go with what sounds best as opposed to what's gone before for the sake of it, thanks, so until I've seen the movie I'll give Mr. Weaving the benefit of the doubt.

16. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

It would be interesting if there was an option on the DVD to have either Hugo's or Welker's voice as Megatron.

That would probably be the ultimate DVD feature ever.

17. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Now there's something that deserves a "QFT". All this bantering about how Welker is the only true voice for Megatron is just plain silly. Obviously, he's not - there have been others - and others who have done it longer, for that matter.

I think he's a fantastic VA and I love his work, but in the movie he's not Megatron. Weaving is. And I can live with that.

18. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    eh my hats off for a classy act by Welker because in the end i dont know if the transformers fan feel as passionate about what welker brought to the table as a Va in the series while we are all behind Cullen. Now dont get me wrong i do like Cullen's voice better for Prime and if i had to choose which one of the two go the original voice in the movie it would be prime but cullen could be used in this film or in other films also i just think that sometimes we dont give him what he is due like we do Cullen. Hats off to a great man with a kind heart. Till All Are One

19. starscreamzx

starscreamzx Well-Known Member

HUGE fan of Welker's Megatron, but if he had to be replaced atleast it's Weaving doing the replacing. Can't wait for the game to come out though to hear Megatron with his old voice :dj 

20. MADAM_MEG

MADAM_MEG Well-Known Member

To read this article, Just give me the feel that If I am a man ,I want to smack the writer's face. :throw 

I believe the current voice working, there was some teahnical involved ,teahno sound mixed and not just use a solid voice base from the voice actors base on the type of film.

When Frank did the series,his voice was pure and from what he was managed to do it. yeah as he said to managed the emotion voice.

he could even made the character "Megs" still rightnow in memorie and adorable on many fans ,that because he could touch the character , did it right and fans like it.

I just want to hear Frank in film beside Peter and Hugo.