Welcome to TFW2005 - The "I am new to this board" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deefuzz, Dec 11, 2007.

1. MuscleRobo

MuscleRobo Member

Hello everyone, I watched Beast Wars as a child but my roommate has gotten me super into G1 over the past few months. We watched the original Cartoon, the Film and are starting Headmasters now. I've started reading the marvel comics as well with the recent Comixology sale, it's still ongoing if you wanna grab them! I have to say without a doubt Tracks is my favorite and I've already bought my first Masterpiece because of him! Although Masterpiece toys are so nice I get worried about how much force I'm using during the transformation truthfully. My roommate and I have been going pretty crazy with Titans Returns and Combiner Wars purchases recently. I'll have to take a photo of our display but 99% of the collection is theirs. I hope we can all have a nice time and I can make some new friends! My icon is Alita from Battle Angel Alita btw, a new translation is coming out but already available digitally on Comixology if you don't want to wait for the physical version.

2. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

Welcome aboard. :) 

3. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Glad to meet you.

4. TexasBEAST

TexasBEAST Arch-Analyzer

The Province of the Solitary Astral Phenomenon
    Newbie member and longtime Geewunner.

And damn proud of it.

I look forward to the day when they finally make live action movies faithful to the G1 cartoon, comics, and character profiles.

And by "they", of course I mean "I".

I'm tempted to say "BF = KO"--except that I actually LIKE a lot of KOs these days...

5. CanineGunner

CanineGunner Active Member

Ebay:
    Recently got back into Transformers after a two year hiatus. Currently trying to get caught up while picking up some things I regret selling.
    I'm not that chatty but I'll be sniffing around the sales threads quite a bit. Do want sell off a big chunk of my collection so will get my own sale thread up eventually.

6. Saberblade

Saberblade Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hello everybody!! My name is Saberblade. I am new to the forums, but a die hard Transformers fan

7. TeleportingBob901

TeleportingBob901 Well-Known Member

Hi guys. I've only been here for about month, but I'm still new around. I'm an off and on fan of the Transformers but it's still near-and-dear to my heart no matter what.

8. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Nice to meet all you guys I signed up about a month or two ago but lost my tab so I haven't been around

9. WindBlade Prime

WindBlade Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've had an account for awhile, but I've never really used it or said 'hello'

so hey I'm Windblade Prime

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Welcome to the newbies and the return of some oldies too! :) 

In case you missed them:

TFW2005 Rules

And have fun discussing all things Transformers!!!!!!!.... and sometimes not TF's.

11. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

Hi I'm fbx and I've been a fan since 1984 or whenever it was my parents parked me in front of the TV to watch alien robots punch eachother. I've also been a member here since 2003 and this is my first post. I swear i'm not a robot, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in becoming one. Anyhoo, just shedding my decade-plus lurker shell and saying hi. And no, I won't get up to any shenanigans I used to pull at that other place. ;) 

12. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    As Jar Jar Binks might say: "How rude!"

Sorry for the lack of intro here as I should be posting here first and not on the threads right away. :oops: 

I'm borgified and have been lurking on this site for as long as I can remember and didn't have plunge to make an official account until recently. As you can tell from my avatar, I've been quite a Star Trek fan (especially the Borg) in which my name suggests. I've been infused with sci-fi/animation since childhood and still carry that interest into my adult years.

Since that my introduction is done, it's good to be on the boards (and don't have to branded as a "Geek and Nerd" for who you really are). ;) 

13. Macross79

Macross79 Banned

Greetings, I am Macross79 and I am TFW2005 newest member!!!

14. JJJamison

JJJamison Well-Known Member

Greetings I have been lurking for a bit some of you may know me from the allspark forums. I just finished a custom figure and am excited to show everyone. Please forgive me for being a noob (I'll get the ettiquette around here) where do I post customs?

15. Koroside

Koroside Member

Twitter:
    Heyhey! I'm Jack :) 

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Radicons Customs

17. Coil

Coil a.k.a. Pooka

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    i don't remember if i made an official "hello" post, but i've been lurking for a few years. Some folks know me as Pooka from another site that I won't dignify by naming, some folks know me as that weirdo that tends to run amock at the conventions with Prime Wylde and Noble Prime... i've been a collector and dealer for about fifteen years now...been a fan for much longer. I'm very much into the modern comics, G1 and Beastwars. My toy collecting tends to lean more towards the decepticons (with an emphasis on megatron, soundwave, and Shockwave), but i'm slowly putting together a nice IDW line up. Me and my pals also do tf roleplaying with a system we put together ourselves, with Prime Wylde as our talented story teller. I'm also trying my hand at customizing and will post some up when i get them done :) 

18. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

Been lurking here for years and finally joined.
    Been a fan since G1 first aired and never stopped. Granted, I'm almost only a G1 fan, ut there are a couple others I appreciate lol.

I of course had some but not as many as my friends growing up, my favs being the lambo twins(hence my namesake), Snarl, and Huffer and OP. Funny thing, first 3 I never had growing up. Like many, I lost them all over the years to who knows what, yard sales, mom tossing them, etc.

I picked up the Wal-Mart Optimus now known as the infamous MP-01 when it first came out and it really rekindled my love. I started following the MP line a bit from various forums I frequent and when MP Sideswipe debuted, I had to have him. He was my favorite character and I wasn't going to miss out on it. I held off on Sunsurge even though I almost pulled the trigger on him so many times I couldn't count. Of course, I pre ordered Sunsstreaker as soon as I found out he was being made.

This has made me really want to start collecting Transformers again. Ideally, the pre-movie bots, but we'll start small with the Ark Crew or all of season 1 first.

In the past few months, while waiting on SSr's release date, I have purchased Bluestreak, Wheeljack, an MP 10 Prime, Ratchet, Ironhide, Soundwave and cassettes and just bought a Huff 2.0 yesterday, since he (and Windcharger), were the first TF toys I ever received.
    I admit, I'm more of the toon based fan and that is probably my priority for my collection, but I'm forgiving on toy accuracy lol.

Anyways, glad to be here and thanks for allowing me to be a part of your board.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aku

Aku Member

Hi! Not very good with intros, but I'm Aku. I've been a fan of TF since I was a child and my family took me to see the first Transformers movie by Michael Bay. I don't have a lot of friends that share my love for alien robots so hopefully, I can make some on here!:) 

My love for TF really started last year when I decided to get more into the fandom besides just watching the movies and tossed myself into anything TF related I could get my hands on and fell more in love with the comics than I ever did with the movies. Of course, the movies will always hold a special place in my heart because if it weren't for them I wouldn't have become a TF fan.

I'm not big on collecting the toys, but I did buy myself my favorite character Rodimus recently so I might end up starting a small collection of just my favorites in the future? I'm more so interested in buying the IDW comics atm, though. I'm slowly working on my MTMTE collection

20. Tedmeister

Tedmeister New Member

Hello, TFW2005 users! I'm Tedmeister, and I've been a lurker for quite some time. So, I thought I'd finally register and join the community.

I've been with Transformers since the G2 days when I was a young kid, though I've only recently started collecting and restoring older toys that I've come across. My current project is restoring an old G1 Optimus Prime I picked up for dirt. I'll probably post pictures showing my progress.

I look forward to chatting with you guys!