Welcome to TFW2005 - The "I am new to this board" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deefuzz, Dec 11, 2007.

1. LukeStone

LukeStone Active Member

Thanks

2. Jolt the volt

Jolt the volt The volt

Hi there LukeStone! Welcome to the community!

3. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong

4. LukeStone

LukeStone Active Member

Thanks

5. gman

gman Member

Hi, just starting on my TF journey as an adult. Had loads of G1s as a kid and loved them (still have some somewhere?). I've been making a bad habit of getting into lines late on recently (MOTUC as an example), so this is a real expensive hobby.

Anyway, first modern TF arrives tomorrow, and it's Apollyon! It's odd, as a kid I never really liked the baddies so didn't have them (for most licenses), but now their my favourite. Guess you get more cynical/jaded/realistic as you grow up lol

Looking forward to asking lots of questions until I get up to speak. My bank manager won't be so pleased though, so don't tell him I've joined.

6. Ninja 4 Hire

Ninja 4 Hire Member

Hi folks!

Long time Transformer fan here, since G1. I have a small collection, nothing spectacular, but they're special to me. I was hoping to make some new friends that enjoy the Transformer universe as much as I do.

I like a lot of different things: video games, comics, movies, music, computers.

Thanks for having me!

7. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

May I reintroduce myself? I thought recently "Huh...I haven't been following Transformers in a while...maybe I should hop on over to TFW and see what's happening." Apparently I haven't posted in two years. Looks like a lot has changed.

Anyway, hello again! Not sure how many people are still here from two years ago. I love everything Transformers from G1 to the movies (except Kiss Players...ew). My favorite characters are G1 Ultra Magnus, Optimus Primal, and movie Ironhide. I also love music and playing guitar, as well as cars and auto racing.

Hoping to meet some new folks and catch up on some collecting! :) 

8. EndoSickness

EndoSickness AKA Tim Kay's Nerd Crate

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Care for a little introduction, yes?

:D 

Thought I´d start with a small Death's Head inpersonation.
    Long time ghosting around here, a few mail adresses of mine didin´t work.
    Tried another, here I am.

Started about 87, 88 with Transformers, had and still have G1 PW OP and recently added many MPs to my collection and finished a big custom.
    Will post those later.

Take care, cool to finally be here.

P.S.: How do I add an animated signature. I have one from another board, this, hosted through imgur.
    Am I correct that this prolly won´t work? So I uploaded it to the galery on the other board and it still doesn't work.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thx.

9. Shakespearean Saurian

Shakespearean Saurian Momentary Maximal

Longtime lurker here. Grew up on G1 way back when. Came across Beast Wars when it first aired as an adult. Was totally sucked into the story and the ties to the G1 continuity. Big BW Dinobot fan. Also partial to BW Inferno, because...well....he's nuts :ev: . Looking forward to poking around the board!

10. Segal27

Segal27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I guess I should have posted here first before anywhere else haha. I grew up on the Armada series, so I enjoy hunting those. I am not a huge collector but if something catches my eye I will usually pick it up right on impulse for better or worse. My favorite bot is Sideswipe, and I tend to pick anything up with his name.

11. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

Possible silly question: how do I stop the forum emailing me for every notification?

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
  13. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

Ah, I tried that article before but couldn't figure it out. So you have to go All Watched Threads->Manage Watched Threads (tiny text in the top right)->disable email notification.

I assume that affects all future watched threads, not just the ones currently in the list. I hope.

14. Gasaraki

Gasaraki Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hello all, I've visited TFW2005 many many times over the years and have listened to the podcast for longer than I dare admit :) . I have been a member of Ozformers (with same username) for quite a long time and have only just joined these boards, so thought I'd post a brief intro.

I am a thirty-something male, which seems to be the demographic of many (most?) collectors of means, so readily identify with many members. I have been collecting figures more avidly for around 10 years now (which is shocking to me when I say it!) and have also just started posting some review videos on YouTube (as I am new member I cannot post links yet but will do so later in relevant threads).

As for media I current follow, I read both IDW MTMTE and RID, and am slowly watching episodes of RiD (whilst bottle feeding my 2 month old in the wee hours actually!!:D  Recently I have enjoyed TF Prime and watched through all seasons.

Cheers!

15. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Welcome to the forums.

16. vfxraven19

vfxraven19 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have lurked the forums every now and then, and decided to finally join today. I got back in to collecting Transformers sometime last year, when Jetfire, Whirl and Roadbuster caught my eye (Transformers Generations). From there, it went from Masterpiece Transformers (KO and legit Hasbro), and I recently picked up a Hasbro Computron set. Transformers has surely evolved from when my bros and I had them as kids. ^_^

Hopefully I'll be on from time to time when it permits, and post/share. I also build Gundam/Gunpla kits, and collect Macross, Robotech and other cool Mecha.

Regards,

Mark

17. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Welcome to the fold...!!!...

• Like Like x 1
  19. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Been around for a bit now, but I feel a proper introduction is in order.

ahem So I've been lurking around here for quite a while now and eventually decided to create an account. This year (2017) marks a decade since I fell in love with Transformers and I continue to be hopelessly obsessed today (fond memories of Cybertron, the first film, and Animated especially).

In 2016 I got back into collecting mainline Transformers after a five-year break. Currently I have acquired all the CW Combaticons including Shockwave, and for TR I have Clobber, Hardhead, Chromedome, Skullcruncher, Sentinel Prime and Brainstorm. I also grabbed the 2013 T30 Sandstorm as it was one of those figures I recall seeing many years ago that I wanted. Displaying them on my shelf with some older figures from my childhood is fun. ^-^

Beyond TFs I'm heavily into gaming series such as:
    • Sonic the Hedgehog (since 2008)
    • Mega Man (since 2012)
    • Metroid (since 2013)
    • Fire Emblem (since 2014)
    • Overwatch (since 2016 obviously)
    And I'm also a casual anime watcher, with some of my favourites being:
    • Toradora!
    • Kill la Kill
    • One Punch Man
    • Shirobako (just started watching)
    • Re:Zero (unfinished q-q)
    • Sword Art Online is admittedly a guilty pleasure of mine >.<
    In my free time I enjoy writing, reading and practicing my art. Currently aiming to pursue illustration as a career.

Some other tidbits about me:
    • Paleontology is my biggest interest, as evident in my name. Ask me anything about it and I'll be happy to answer!
    • Lucina is my waifu and she is mine and you cannot have her
    I'm still kinda shy around these boards, but I'm slowly warming up. Hope we can all have a great time here together. Cheers.
    (Excuse me while I try to put Lucina and Optimus quotes together in a way that makes sense)

The future is not written, for it is built on dreams.

-TyrantLizardKing, Jan.23rd 2017

• Like Like x 1
  20. MorphinBrony

MorphinBrony Waiting for MP Arcee

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong

Well, since I've joined, I might as well introduce myself.

Hey guys, I'm MorphinBrony. I finally decided to get an account here after years of being a casual, and eventually, full-on TF fan.

Admittedly, my collection the moment is a little... small, however, I do have:

* Combiner Wars Deluxe Trailbreaker (with a broken arm :( )
    * Combiner Wars Deluxe Wheeljack
    * RID 2015 Warrior Sideswipe (chestpiece has been lost in a recent move)

And, well, that's it really. When it comes to Transformers media I enjoy, I love me some G1 and Animated, though I readily admit that the first live-action film is a guilty pleasure of mine. However, I have a wide range of interests and hobbies, including:

* Video gaming (particularly retro gaming and fighting games)
    * Power Rangers
    * Anime (Kill la Kill and DBZ especially)
    * A certain other Hasbro product (can you guess? ;) )
    * Star Trek
    * Old or obsolete A/V equipment or computers
    * Computers in general

But my biggest passion is cinema, in fact, after college I plan on entering the film industry or at least making amateur films on my own time.

Very much looking forward to posting here. Have a good day, folks. :D