Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Orci

Bob Orci Well-Known Member

Interesting. why not? I'll run it up flagpole.

2. Bob Orci

I don't see why anything we've done would preclude the existence of the Matrix of Leadership in this movie Universe. Perhaps it can be worked into a sequel.

3. Bob Orci

HA! LOL -- nicely done!

Let me ask you a question -- what would be a win for you, percentage wise -- if we accomplished 50%? 60%? 75%?

4. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Bob,

Just a few simple questions:

1) Is Shakey Cam an excuse for cutting down on the CGI budget? Why not showcase the CGI effects you paid so much for instead of ruining it with headache-inducing shakiness?

2) How many plot lines will you have? The previous movie had 6 (Parents, Sam, Govt, Military, Hackers, Sector 7).

3) What is your definition for "respecting the source material"? What is your take on that?

5. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Captain Bob, any chances we'll get to hear Prime give the full "Autobots, Transform and roll out!" line instead of just "roll out!" (which was still awesome, btw).

6. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    all hail roberto!
    ok that wasn't a question
    this is
    what are your thoughts on the Transformers: Mosaic series? several of them derive their stories from the movie continuity, what do you think of them?

7. Bob Orci

All loaded question... here's honest answers:

1.) Shakey cam is all the rage these days. didn't you see Cloverfield? But seriously, It's a way to simulate a frenetic, ground level subjective POV. And yes it does help to save money while remaining faithful to the visual truth of seeing these things from our puny human pov.

2.) Part two had 3 plot lines -- A boy and his car, soldiers behind enemy lines, and defense policy people -- all reacting to Transformers in a somewhat multiple point of view disaster movie paradigm and structure. Part two will be a different paradigm. More like parallel stories.

3.) Respecting the source material means taking that which works about a given property it and discarding that which doesn't or that which interferes with the requirements of the adaptation (film, tv, stage, whatever). Also, to somehow capture the visceral/emotional tone that source material evoked.

8. Bob Orci

I think they rank well in the line up.

9. Bob Orci

Yeah -- there's a chance...

10. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

Mr Orci,

Just wanted to add my comments about the first movie. One of the most enjoyable expierences i've had in the theater in years. Seeing my childhood hero (Prime) on the bigscreen was just really brought out the kid in me. Nicely done.

Now, onto some questions, if any of them are answerable, awesome.. if not, that works too. Also, appologies if any of these are repeats, I skimmed the thread and didn't see them.

In regards to returning TFs from the first movie... what's the status of Alt modes? I know you probably cant give specifics, but in general, will they be keeping the same forms, or getting new forms?

And if the later is true, how much of that is you guys's say (You being the writers and Mr. Bay), and how much is Hasbro's? I imagine from a toyline standpoint, they'd probably prefer new guys.

11. Bob Orci

No comment on Alt Modes except in general, some similar.

As for the practical decision making, it's a mix of many things -- continuation from style of tf1 -- which real life cars and vehicles are available to us legally and promotionally to shoot --

You might be surprised, but I heard some at hasbro arguing to keep some characters the same so that parents WOULD NOT have to buy the same toy twice for their children just cuz it had fuzzy dice this time, or whatever. Hasbro is all right.

12. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    With all this news about Icecream twins, "Wheels" and so forth, I'm a bit worried that we won't get to see very many new "Classics" characters. Should I be worried?

13. Bob Orci

Slightly -- but there will be plenty for die hards

14. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh, this is more of a comment really - in the first film the scenes with the Autobots dealing with S7 (minus the Bumblepee :p ) and also the conversation on top of the observatory (firing up the glasses) were both totally awesome. Especially the Ironhide ground punch. In fact, Ironhide in general kicked ass. I will give you $5 if you write in another scene with him doing a rocket jump again. So, ah, my question is, what's your favourite form of fast food?

15. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Cool, thanks for the honesty. Still looking forward to the film, of course.

16. Grimlock2.0

Grimlock2.0 Member

Roberto,

I can't stress this enough, but I'm speaking personally, and I know other people will have differing opinions here, but I'll be happy with whatever is produced. However, I think the "win" you address realates to how much including those various things will bring me back to my childhood more and remind me more of the G1 Transformers that I loved and grew up with. With that being said... I realize that squeezing all of those items in will be impossible, and I can be realistic about that. Also, I would have to stress that simply cutting the list in half and saying "These are in and those are out" wouldn't exactly be the best thing to do. Each item holds a different amount of weight in my book. I think if you get somewhere between 50% and 60% in, that's realistic and I'd be thrilled. I'll try to repost my list here and give you an idea on what would matter the most to me... Again, this is my opinion, so others will probably diasagree on what I find most important...

-Cullen needs to make an appearance as Prime's holodriver Would be a really good touch and a shout out to die hard fans
    -NO PRETENDERS! Very very important
    -TFs need more characterization and screentime (I know you already said that's happening on Don Murphy's, but I thought I'd include it anyway) I'm assuming this is happening, you said on DM that first movie was to get everyone aclimated with the idea, second will develop characters more
    -BB needs a new voice (I'm looking at you Michael J. Fox) I guess I could live with BB asking me to join him for tea and crumpets, but I wouldn't be too thrilled
    -Soundwave's voice at least needs to sound like G1 Soundwave (regardless of who does the voice) Very Important
    -It should be darker than TF1 Would be a lot of fun, especially for those of us who like the Cons, also sets up a heroic 3rd film
    -Leave the slapstick comdey out (No more TFs "lubricating" people, and no more "My Bad"s coming from Prime) I think I might puke if stuff like this happens again
    -I understand Megs will be back (cause he didn't die, he just overloaded and shut down), but leave dead TFs dead (looking at you Jazz) Pertty important... They're sentient robots, not Gods
    -Soundwave needs minions A Must!
    -A little more about Cybertron would be nice (flashbacks, references to cities, etc.) Wouldn't bother me if it wasn't included, but would be cool
    -Holodrivers Would be nice, since they're robots in disguise and all... if it takes too much away from CGI budget, no big deal though
    -Talking in Alt mode Really really missed it... if done right, easy way to add more dialogue/develop characters while saving money for other CGI elements

As I said, just my personal feelings. I'm sure others feel differently about certain subjects, but I doubt anyone would freak out by looking at this list. Thanks again for all of the feedback and little tidbits you provide to us!

17. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello Mr Orci.

Thanks for taking time to look in here and answer questions from us fans.

My main question concerns the ever increasing likely hood of a SAG strike happening. I can't remember the name of the group atm but i've read that a smaller actors group have agreed a deal with the studios over the issues seperately from the SAG.

Does this affect filming for TF:ROTF at all, and if so how?

Also, are you aware of when there might be some official info revealed about the movie?

Thanks for your time

18. krade

krade Well-Known Member

mr orci,

we all know that ROTF will make a lot of money and transformers 3 is inevitable.have you already started working on that script?have you had a chat with Micheal Bay about it?

if prime got his trailer,will it transform like the G1 toy?

can you tell us how many lines the decepticons will get this time?

thanks a lot!

19. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Why are you asking his wife? :inquisiti 

20. krade

krade Well-Known Member

lol

maybe we'll get more answers with her.joke:) 

thanks,i correct it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.