Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaOmegaBlurr

AlphaOmegaBlurr Many paths to choose.

News Credits:
    Bob, would you be able to keep track of a few art concepts from the fanbase? And story lines? Just for Tf 3?

2. Overlord54

Overlord54 Active Member

I loved the movie I hope you guys are back for part 3.

I really want to know what happened to so many of the robots who just disappeared by the end.

3. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also have a question that has been brought up earlier, was springer in the script, I was really anticipating that, what happened?

Also as others have said who died on the autobots side cause it was impossible to tell from the ending.

4. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Sorry again for the tons of questions before, though I'd still like your answers on them, I was also wondering about one two other things.

Was it ever discussed to add bot or con bloopers/outtakes to the credit roll?

Also the first movie had such a push on decepticon superiority even with their language. Why does the fallen use english on their 'ship' when talking to megatron?
    Starscream as well? Is his cybertronian dialect too ancient even for them?

Thank you again for your time, and I thank all of you again for your hard work and all the doors and story potential you guys have made possible. Love it!

5. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

Hey Bob, how about going back to cybertron and blowing stuff up there, i'm getting tired of Earth...

bring in Unicron so Prime has a reason to go back to a dead planet...

6. Gelgoogle

Gelgoogle Member

I'm curious about the evolution of your script.

You've been kind enough to discuss early drafts and ideas for the first film. You talked about considering characters like Hot Rod and Shockwave and it's something of an open secret that the cast list was going to be much different, with Arcee instead of Ironhide, Soundwave being a major player, and the Decepticon forces being full of familiar faces like Onslaught and Octane. You also went about revealing Mikaela's seedy past in a different manner.

Did the sequel go through a similar change as you considered, toyed with, and discarded or inserted various elements? Or was it a fairly smooth transition from one draft to the other, writer's strike aside? Really, I'm more interested in the projected cast list than anything else. Jolt is somewhat infamous for being a last-minute addition and most adaptions of the movie feature the Sisters combining into a single machine. Are there any other features worth mentioning?

7. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Hi Mr. Orci, just wanted to ask a few questions. Sorry if there are any repeats, but this thread is pretty long...

1. LOVED Soundwave. Only thing that would've made him better was "The Voice" but what's done is done. If you guys get TF3 will you have him as a major player alongside Megatron and Starscream?

2. In the same vein, would you guys include Shockwave in some capacity? He's the last "iconic" Decepticon to be adapted for the movie-verse and it would be interesting to see what you guys could do with him.

3. It's interesting to me that you guys included what amount to "repaints", in that there are now canon examples of multiple movie-verse bots with the same alt. modes and body-forms, and the term "Seekers"... yet didn't throw in some Starscream lookalikes. Are/were you saving bots like Thundercracker and Skywarp for TF3? If included now, would they (and retroactively Starscream as well) be labeled Seekers given that the original term referred to bots that shared Starscream's body-form?

4. A lot of people, myself included, have taken to the idea that "Sideways" (who was only seen for a matter of moments, 99% of which had him in vehicle mode) is a reformatted Barricade. Their robot-mode designs are strikingly simmilar, and Sideways is never actually named on-screen. It gives closure to Barricade's story, and turns what is would otherwise be a mere "red shirt" into an already established character (giving his death more weight). How do you feel about this?

5. Was Megatron's tank-mode in the script? The majority of his actions in the film, in terms of mobility and travel, have him either flying or perching in high places. (Flying to the remains of the Nemesis, fighting with Starscream on the roof of a skyscraper, etc...) Conversely, he only uses the tank-mode to actually travel on the ground one time, and it only does so for a few seconds (if that). It almost seems like the script called for him to retain his Jet mode, but the designers gave him a tank-mode instead and forgot to tell you.

6. Speaking of the Nemesis, where exactly is it located? Is it located on one of Jupiter's moons as has been suggested, or is it in deep space? (Keep in mind that placing it too far out raises the further question of "Just how fast and far can the Transformers fly if Megatron can leave the solar system under his own power and return in less than a day or two?")

7. What happened to some of the characters that (in the final film) just disappear without explanation? Scalpel ("The Doctor") who isn't seen after he tortures Sam, Wheelie, who isn't seen after Jetfire warps Sam and co. to Egypt, etc...

8. Were some of the characters who appeared to be killed actually intended to die? Two of the "Arcee Triplets" are seen taking rather nasty shots to the chest and aren't seen again. Ditto for Sideswipe. Given that there are no closing shots of the survivors, it's left somewhat unclear as to who exactly is left standing.

Thanks for your time, and three thumbs up. Regardless of what the complainers say, I thought the movie was awesome.

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the film kind of rushed to the end after the Fallen met his demise. Last time we had shots of Lennox going home and a nice closing speech by Prime next to all of the Autobots. This time, there were a lot of loose ends, like are the Autobots and the government on good terms again? Who survived the battle? Where did Megatron and Starscream go (in printed media they went back to the Nemesis and Megs awakened the hatchlings)? What happened to Wheelie, Doctor, and the Matrix? Prime's closing speech was short and did not sum up things as well as last time. Maybe these were left opened so that they wouldn't contradict any events in TF3 which haven't been written yet, obviously. But can you shed some light?

PS- I'd like to thank you or whoever had input in reducing the amount of processing done to the voices. Megatron sounded a lot more like Weaving, and Charlie Adler gave an awesome performance. Prime also sounded a bit less deep, which allowed the in-battle dialogue to come across as more ferocious, which I liked.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Orci can you give us a list of survivors?

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Hey Bob, just a quick question, did you guys write Starscream and Megs do no damage in the movie? They did nothing to the Autobots in this movie, in the first movie, they did damage. If you decide to write Tf3 are you going actually make them a threat again? Maybe you can add more 'cannon fodder' so the Bad guys don't look like such losers. I love what you've done, but why are the Decepticons so weak in this movie?

11. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Mr Roberto, thank you for taking your time to read to fans' opinions.

I loved the first movie, but the second felt crippled in plot and characters, and had so much wasted potential.

1 - Why make Starscream a suck-up, denying him his banter, back-stabness and treachery potential?

2 - Why waste Devastator on John Turturo and the ******ed duo rather than a team of real Autobots led by Prime or Ironhide?

3 - Why not give ANY sort of explanation for Alice or the Constructicons for the casual viewer?

4 - Why give the human military so much power, basically making the Autobots not needed except Prime?

5 - Why so many lame jokes, as if the target group was 7 year olds?

6 - Why so little Autobot emphasis, while stupid characters like Leo got attention?

7 - Why was Sam turned into from human spectator of the TF civil war into a freakin' Chosen One?

I am 30 years old and the first movie rocked my world. This movie made me feel as if it was for 10 years old. We were promised a darker, more mature theme this time, not a kiddie movie.

I've never felt so disappointed in the franchise. The first one was so amazing, but the 2nd movie is ... well, messed-up.

12. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe I missed something but I thought megatron and starscream killed Optimus Prime. You know, *the* Optimus Prime.

13. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Yes, Starscream lacked the badassness of the first movie. That was missed a lot. I was kinda afraid that would happen when Mr Roberto said that he has a much more G1 feel.

14. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was there anything in your script that was changed dramatically without your input such as a characters fate?

I am actually quite excited to see the movie in Imax, the midnight showing I went to kinda ruined it for me, the air conditioning broke and it was like 90 degrees for the second half, so although I didn't have the greatest time I can tell you I got a huge G1 feel at moments that I was quite happy with.

and sorry to ask again but out of curiosity was Springer ever planned for the movie whether in the script or not, I understand that you may not know the answer at all but who else am I gonna ask!

15. The Mad Artist

The Mad Artist Active Member

So Bob...

Any chance you can give us a small hint as to when R2D2 makes his cameo? How about in Star Trek? :D  Very sneaky!

16. Losty

Losty Well-Known Member

Hey Mr Orci

1) Was Springer ever in the script?
    2) Will we get to see soundwave in robot form in tf3?
    3) Will you explain things like the constructicons, and where missing characters have been in tf3?
    4) Have you read transformers the ultimate guide by Simon Furman? I think it would really help if you did or if have already could you please swing Mr Bay a copy? hehe
    5) Thanks for bringing the tf universe to life 

I loved the 1st film, the 2nd was fantastic but to be honest when you make a 1st film that great the 2nd simply has a lot to live up 2.
    You won the fans over with the 1st film, so I guess you need to keep doing the little things that are true to generation one and two 2 keep us nerds happy.
    The biggest let down about the film was the lack of explanation and origin for characters and there was simply too many of them.
    The best thing about it was seeing the movie universe got deeper and get more life.

17. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

Hey Roberto, thanks for talking to us.

I just have a simple request - could we PLEASE please get more robot characterization in TF3? They don't have to mimic G1 personalities, but if it's a well-known character they should maintain the most memorable and essential aspects of their personalities.

Thanks!!!

18. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

I can answer that one for him.

Cause Bay has a hook up with the military, and loves the military. So it is a wise idea to make the military strong (as they are in real life.)

It also acts as advertisement for kids to want to join the military.

Oh, and my question :

Why kill off Sideways without a punch thrown or some kind of fight?

19. Kevin164

Kevin164 Rinky Dink Cartoonist

Hi, Mr. Orci

I enjoyed the movie when I saw it on my own. BUT ( of course right?) There were couple things that I thought should have hit the editing floor. I'm sure you've read them all, so I won't add to it by listing them. I usually go and pre-screen these kind of events due to having a young son, so I look for the content that might not be the best thing for him at his current age. He loves The Transformers, but I gotta say I can't really take him to see this one, and I'm getting PC nazi fatherly flak for that, so tell Bay thanks for me.

Can I please suggest or will there be some changes in the dialogue for the DVD release concerning the Twins? Maybe a set-up option in the audio that has banter a little more acceptable for parents of young children.

LOL, I can't have him running around screaming "you're a pussy!" while playing with toys in front of his Grandparents.

Thanks for your time.

20. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Hi Bob, thanks for taking the time and effort to post on here, I know you must be a busy guy, I for one appreaciate your responses.

Anyway I was just wondering what is the story with the hatchlings? were things intentionally left unexplained to expand on later? Are they some sort of drone army or just "baby" Decepticons? Are you guys intending to continue with this or was it just left open ended so the comics/novels can do something with it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.