Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mr Orci,

I found this image on another TF site that claimed to be a poster for TF:ROTF, but the poster didn't have any proof that it was official.

[​IMG]

Is this the real first poster for TF:ROTF or have we all been punked?

Thank you again.

2. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Hey Mr.Orci any good chances on seeing shockwave(my favorite con) in tf2?
    And if not will he be concidered for tf3?

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    With the actual release of the '09 Camaro that much closer, will Bumblebee actually be able to do anything cool in vehicle mode this time around?

4. krade

krade Well-Known Member

how many country will receive visitors from space?
    from what we know by now,france,china and united states will be there,is there anymore?

will there is any chance we'll get a teaser trailer before the end of the year?

how many title ,before the choice of revenge of the fallen,were in the race?

5. Bob Orci

Bob Orci Well-Known Member

never seen it before

6. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mr Orci, will any of the transformers from the first film be reformatted (when they take a new form) and there's been speculation as to whether Arcee is three vehicles or one. Also its been said that Bumblebee's vehicle seems to have some upgrades, is this true?
    Thanks for coming here and answering questions :D 

7. Bob Orci

The story for part 2 is more global, for sure.

Teaser will surely come out before the end of the year.

None. Alex Kurtzman came up with the title, and it was the only one we put up on the cover of the script.

8. Bob Orci

As far as a strike goes, Transformers is probably in the best position to deal with a strike in that Michael Bay and Ian Bryce prepared a schedule that takes into account the possibility of a strike. Also, there is much action that Michael can shoot in the meantime.

9. Grimlock2.0

Grimlock2.0 Member

*edit repost

10. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mr. Orci, will Soundwave sound similar to his G1 counterpart? Also i guess they will not relrelease charecters already released as figures for the first movie will slight upgrades am i wrong?

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hey Bob,

here's two questions about the first movie:

1) Which movies and TV shows, other than Transformers G1, would you consider your inspirations while writing the movie? You already pointed out the parallels between some elements in the TF movie and Spielberg's "ET". Anything else you drew inspirations from?

2) When Bumblebee is chasing Sam on his mother's bike and suddenly Barricade shows up, Bumblebee is quickly driving off and only shows up again after Barricade has transformed and is chasing Sam. Before Barricade transformed, was Bumblebee aware that he was a Decepticon in disguise (those Decepticon logos on the doors should be a dead giveaway, but in movies, everything is possible), or did he just head off so he wouldn't get involved with human authorities? And before Bumblebee attacked him, was Barricade aware that Bumblebee was an Autobot? I know that the IDW prequel comics claim that Bumblebee and Barricade had encounters in their Earth forms before the events of the movie, but since those were written without your involvement, they're not canon for the movie. So what was your intention when you wrote that scene?

This can actually be extended to a general "Do Transformers always recognize their kind in disguise?" Ironhide was able to identify Starscream in his F-22 form, after all.

12. krade

krade Well-Known Member

hi Bob,

is there any chance we'll see a transformers scan more than one vehicule in this movie?

will autobot are still on ground or will they have at least one guy who can fly or float?

there is no better fans than those who are on tfw2005,can you give us a scoop?

13. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Mr. Orci. Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions My question is.
    Will there be any transformers in the sequal who are like scorponok with animal modes instead of humanoid modes?

14. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Hey Roberto!

Are you guys planning to give the remaining unshot segments of the script a second look during this hiatus, or are you guys happy with everything as it is? Thanks.

15. OptimusPie

OptimusPie Active Member

So production is continung without the actors/actresses. i.e on anything the stars are not in?

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Sorry Mr.orci if I sound rude but you kinda push my question to the side I can understand if you can't answer it.

17. Megatron747

Megatron747 Member

Mr. Orci, thanks for coming here to answer some questions!

Here's my question now:
    Since filming has already started, and the movie has pretty much gotten a solid start, do you still have any input into what goes on, or how certain scenes turn out? Also, are you taking into account any input from the fans that has come up from threads and forums like this one? Thanks!

18. Bob Orci

1. Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Close Encounters and Terminator 2.

2. Intended that Bumblebee is protecting Sam knowing a Decepticon may show up. In our minds, they can't recognize each other until they transform.

19. Bob Orci

We are contracted through the entire production and post production. Like the first movie, we ABSOLUTELY listen to fan input throughout. In fact, I I've said before and will say again that the first movie probably had more fan input in its DNA than any other movie ever.

20. Bob Orci

Well, Optimus and company are also the stars, and fortunately for us, they are not part of a union!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.