Weirdest way you got Game Over?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Brawlastator, May 18, 2008.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Not necessarily a weird game over..well technically it is...

Anywho, Resident Evil(Gamecube remake) After you beat the game, and continue off the save file you restart the game with 1 zombie(Forrest) which is strapped with enough C4 to blow up the whole mansion...well in RE I have a tendancy to use the auto aim to my advantage, whether or not I see the zombie. Well...needless to say, I walk in through a door, and hear a zombie moan...so I lock onto him and take a shot...at that point, the screen turns white and I get the good ol Game over...at that point it just occured to me..."Shit! The C4 zombie!!!" Needless to say, I get pissed because I didn't save because I don't normally save on the account that I kick ass!

I have had a ton of weird game overs...just can't recall all of them. But I guarentee they are hilarious in 1 aspect and a pisser in another!

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I first got GTA IV, my friend was piloting a chopper and told me to get in the back. I didn't know you couldn't just jump in and that you had to press Y. So I proceed to try and jump in, and the spinning rotor catches my head, effectively flinging me a few hundred feet into a boat in the water.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if we are adding multiplayer GTA IV deaths I got a few:

- Was riding in a helicopter and bailed out. flew several hundred yards at a 45* angle and bounced off the roof of a van.

- Again was playing free mode and someone else from here was firing rockets at me. I was running away and swerving left and right to avoid the rockets. I dodged about 3 of them and was making a hard right to avoid the 4th and it hit at my heels. I flung me about 20 feet into a wall. the impact from the wall killed me. MY screen did not turn gray till I bounced off the wall.

4. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

During Boss Battles in Brawl I was fighting Meta Ridley when he slammed on the Flyer and pushed it offscreen. I saw it too late and double jumped before it went off.

However when it came up instead of landing on it I clipped through it and died.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NAM 75 on Neo Geo. Boss Battle at the end. i thought i had enough continues to beat it, but it suddenly quit and threw me all the way back to the title screen. ugh.

6. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

GTA 4 has many classics. The one I remember was getting out of a cab. I go around the back because I know those idiots will run you over. As I reach the back of the cab, he's rear ended and I'm pinned between the two. The offender of this ordeal gets out of his car to complain about the accident. The pinheaded idiots of Liberty City.

7. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Doom 2. Final Boss. I had god mode on. I died somehow.

I (much) later figured out that the boss had shot an enemy cube at me and it had become an enemy in the same vertical sector as I was in. As Doom can only handle 1 item vertically (enemy, item, decor, me!), it killed me off.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You delved too deep into the ways of immortality and paid the ultimate price.

9. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    SNES' Gradius III. I hit the pause button, entered the "Konami Code", and ... died instantly. :lol 

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    GTA IV, had to kill some guy at a train station. He was on the opposite platform. I jumped to get across to him, at that exact moment a train comes rushing through and sends me flying.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This game seriously (SERIOUSLY) needs an instant replay, Save to Hard Drive, option. You Tube would double in Size.

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Absolutely. I was all pumped and ready to take the guy down and then *smack*.
    Dead.
    Son of a...

13. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I just had two more deaths in a row on GTAIV that really sucked ass. Same damn mission:

Mission: Flatline

first time I head to the hospital and hop out of my car. Got about 90% health and walk around towards the rear of my car and a van hits me and kills me! Didn't hit me that hard. Guess it was because I somehow got wedged between my car and theirs.

Next I actually am making my escape and land on a roof building. I drive off and land near some gas tanks. well 1 second later BOOM! WTF? I never shot them or anything. Just a big boom and I died.

14. rattrap007

News Credits:
    had another one. The last Phil Bell mission. Where you get out and head for the van. There were two choppers. One I couldn't see through the trees and one that was coming in low. I aimed and fired at the visible one. Boom! Rocket hits. I turn to find the other.... SPLAT! the chopper I just blew up lands right on me! I was like "WTF?!?" Then I just started laughing.

15. SuperPrimalZ

SuperPrimalZ Well-Known Member

Just today, I was replaying Tomb Raider: Anniversary on PSP, and I was going down a waterfall because I suck at jumping, and as soon as I'm about to drop from the fall, Lara gets stuck to something, the screen turns white with only the shiloute of what I assume was a mountain, and then the screen turns black, for me to only see my health bar slowly, but surely decrease, and die.

16. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Mega Man 1--YEARS ago... I'm on my last life, fighting Fire Man with no special weapons. I landed on one of the residual flames his attack leaves behind and died, giving me a game over--after already having killed Fire Man himself.