Weirdest way you got Game Over?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Brawlastator, May 18, 2008.

1. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Exactly as the title suggests, what is the weirdest or most unexpected way got Game Over?

Mine comes from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

On the Pirate homeworld, some of the Pirates will throw Phazon Bombs at you, causing you to become corrupted. I went into Hypermode and was hit with one of those bombs and I died by corruption. The game showed this weird clip of Samus turning to Dark Samus. I had never heard of dying this way and I said "WTF?! What just happened?"

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Was playing Final Fantasy IV.

Was on the moon going to get FuSoYa (I had Cecil, Edge, Rydia, and Rosa).

I forget who I was fighting, but my entire party got charmed. And they all cast spells (which doesn't break charm). Rydia would cast Firaga/Icaga/Thundaga, Edge was casting Flame and Flood, Cecil and Rosa would randomly cast Esuna and Cura spells.

It took about 5 minutes for the party to destroy themselves.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Only time this ever happened to me...

Aliens vs. Predator 2 for the PC.

While not actually in-game, when I was playing Team Deathmatch online, I was running around as the Predator in the map "Alley" hunting after this guy from Germany who was a Marine (poor bastard).

Anyways, in this specific map, you are able to open and close doors. So from a garage, I opened a door leading to the outside, but the door closed on me while I was exiting (the doors should NEVER close unless you press the button to make them do so, which I didn't)...

So long story short, I ended up getting crushed to death under the door. The thing landed on my waist, so I was halfway sticking out the doorway. A funny sight indeed.

4. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Kinda Game Over.

Playing PSO on Dreamcast, my dog came in and jumped and pulled my Controller Cord out, in which I soon died, then lost 4 maxxed Characters to VMU Corruption.

Otherwise in Halo 3 I Grav Hammered a Rocket into a Energy Crate with then Flung a Mongoose parked next to it to Decapitate me.

5. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Super smash Brothers brawl. I was fighting Meta Ridley and he used that move where he pulls the ship down and blast fire. Well when he let go and the ship came back up, I was nowhere to be seen. Since it was in boss battles, game over!

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not really a game over but a mission failure on GTA IV:

I was doing the one where you chase after some bikers into the subway. I killed one and was close to killing the other. I was rounding a corner and a subway train hit me head on. I floated in space for a while and rematerialized on the street and the guy got away. Damn laws of physics screwing up!

7. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

It was really stupid of me, but in Zork: Grand Inquisitor I came across some "Bottomless" Pits, or so the sign said. I decided to test them. I dropped in, and the text basically says that I continued to fall for some time, eventually met another adventure, got married, had kids, and died of old age.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Standing by the lake in Resident Evil 4. Since fish give you health, and since I was about to fight the monster in the lake, I decided to shoot a few fish and store them. So I fired off a few shots, and killed a couple of fish.

And then the monster reared up out of nowhere, and bit me in half.

I spent the next couple of minutes just sitting there going "what the fuck...?!?!?"

9. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Wow. I came into this thread to post that. I also almost damn near shit myself. It topped the scene in RE2 when the Licker busts outta the two-way mirror.

10. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

In a game I have, Soul Nomad, you can actually end the game in the first couple of minutes by making the wrong choice.

11. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Dude! I didn't know that could happen!

Now I kinda want to go try it.

Hrm. My weirdest game over? Tough call...

How about this one instead: most aggrivating and strange end-of-game; Redguard. Superfun and neat game, but oh-so-buggy. I had JUST completed the ridiculously complicated scarab puzzle, probably 75% through the game, then I left the mines. Upon loading the next area, my character would drop through the floor and get stuck in the landscape. This would happen to me no matter how many times I reloaded the game or went back to earlier saves, effectively ending the game since I couldn't get any farther in it.

Thanks, Bethesda. Way to make games.

12. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Doraemon RPG on NES could give you a game over in less than a minute! Just ignore the pleas for your help to search for the missing friends and game ends with a sobbing Doraemon...

Wait, I'm SERIOUS!!!

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, most recently was with GTA 4, which I posted on the GTA 4 thread. But it was the first date with Michelle and I drove through the miniature gold course. In there was a smalle stream that was just wide enough for the car I was in to fit there and the game reacted like it was in the ocean, so I was forced to get out of the car, only, there was no room for the doors to open or the characters to exit in anyway since the car was stuck wall to wall. First, it told me Michelle drowned, then it froze up and said the name of the next missiom in the lower right corner.

14. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one brought up chronos trigger were if you go in the wrong time machine at the start you get killed by a monster.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beating the NES game Karnov. You expect an awesome ending, and instead a black screen with white words saying "Congratulations, The End" Talk about hard work for nothing.

16. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i died in gta 4 after getting drunk with Dwayne, then getting started on by some random pedestrian who punched me down a flight of stairs. due to being drunk, i couldn't stand up at all while this guy kicked me till i died. kinda funny, and really annoying at the same time.

17. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Makes up for all those years of running over pedestrians with their own cars and beating them up for money. They finally decided to fight back.

Which is why I ALWAYS carry enough weapons on me to equal that of a small army whenever I walk the streets of any GTA city.

Remember kids, walk softly and carry a big stick, a baseball bat, brass knuckles, molotov cocktails, a katana, tech-9, m-16, chain gun, RPG, flame thrower, rocket launcher, sniper rifle.....

18. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Can we count death's in multiplayer games? Not exactly game over sense you respawn.

In Battlefield 1942 I had a air plane run me over. It was flying, he went low, and the wing clipped me.

19. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i forgot to add, after chopperlifting boardwise to see the statue of freedoms heart in gta4, i decided to jump out of the copter and see this heart for myself. i missed the jump, survived the fall, only for the helicopter i was piloting to fall on my head and kill me. fun times.

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Legend of Legaia for PS1...In the very beginning I was training with the old man by the shore...and I KILLED him...so he couldn't give me the key to open the gate and I couldn't even start the actual game...

Never really got a game over, but I was pretty well stuck where I was :lol