Weirdest thing...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    So I'm driving home today on a road I don't drive on often and pass a sign for the mall. I say to myself "Hey, maybe I'll see if they have any Transformers-I'm looking for... for... uh........ hm. I guess I'm not looking for anything. Maybe I'll still stop by... but why would I... huh. Oh well" And then I went home.

There is nothing out there right now-nothing's been new in ages, the stuff out is kinda crappy, like BB EVERYWHERE. Its kinda... i dunno... sad. I miss hunting for Transformers... spear in hand, war paint on my face, sneaking from aisle to aisle, looking for that perfect find. Now I just drive on home...

Anyone else get like that recently? (NOTE:This IS before I heard about the GDO stuff showing up here in the US)

2. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    I too, immensely miss the thrill of the hunt. Now it seems if you're not there the night of stock or call in to have it pulled from the back, you're running a handicapped race. :/
    Though I've been fruitful in most of my Prime hunts so far, I see so many not so lucky, I wish others were also as 'lucky'. I legitimately feel BAD I found a Vehicon on the pegs! Kinda sad...

3. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're not alone. The thrill of the hunt got old fast because I've been met more with frustration than success. That and the price of gas on the rise, it makes little sense to waste time, money, and effort looking for stuff I'm not guaranteed at all to find. Of course, the one day I thought to check my local TRU but decided against it (they've had nothing new in months), a fellow San Antonian reported finding a lone MP Thundercracker there at exactly the same day/time I would have checked that same TRU. Fate conspires against me sometimes. XD (Luckily I got MP TC from an out-of-state TRU thanks to a friend.)

4. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Yeah, I too notice myself driving past TRU, Target & Walmart rather than stopping in to see what they have TF-wise lately.

I seem to be slipping into a major TF funk. I am excited about the new MPs but other than that...meh.:( 

My TF collecting mood seems to have started spiraling downward imediately following the TFCC stolen credit card # fiasco. After missing out on Runamuck due to said issue (I know...I should have ordered him earlier) I've really become rather blah to the latest offerings out there.:( :( :( 

What keeps me going is the hunt for G1 stuff at local Sunday flea markets. Last week in a "junk" box that cost me $1.00 I got 3/4 of a G1 Omega Supreme and most of G1 Jetfire's armor.

Maybe after the new MPs arrive I'll get going again...we'll see.:p 

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Luckily(not according to my wallet),I collect other lines beside Transformers,so there's always something out there that I'm looking for.

6. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

My hunts have become more focused lately. I know for a fact that my local TRU gets trucks on Wednesdays and Fridays, therefore I am there around 9:30 when they open the doors to see what slim pickings are available... That is unless the scalping stock guys get to them first...

7. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

-insert obligatory "this thread again?" comment here-

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    thats how my whole summer was

9. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Count me in. I used to enjoy hunting. But now, with the shitty distribution issues with Hasbro. I could not be bothered.
    The only pleasant surprised I had for this week was when I went to my local supermart (with no intention to get anything besides food for the stomach), I managed to stumble upon Deluxe RID Ironhide.

10. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Wait, What ^ You have to mean Kup right? Or the Cyberverse version?

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I'm constantly out and about, between various errands and work, so even when the shelves are barren, I'll take a peek. Sometimes I'll be pleasantly surprised (like the other day, when I found Cyberverse Tailgate).

Especially since the Kup/Rumble/Dreadwing sightings have been popping up.

12. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Yup. I drive past everything these days. Online is where it's at. Now it's all about rushing to get your preorder in lol. I haven't bought a figure in a store in over about a year or so now.

13. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Why even bother, everything's online. You think you're getting retail prices, but if you don't find 'him' and you continually drive around then you're spending an extra chunk of money for fuel, not to mention time and effort. I don't even bother going to retail, UNLESS I see a toy sale catalogue where there are worthy purchases AND they're likely to be instock.

14. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't always decide if I want something just by seeing it online. I still like to go to a store and hold something in my hand before I decide if I want to buy it. But yes, that is more difficult now.

15. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

This is another thing. Buying online may be convenient and save money in the long (and short) run, but I hate not having something in front of me when I buy it. I hate not being able to check for blemishes or judge a toy overall in-hand before I buy.

Hell, part of me gets saddened that, even though the local comic shop has a hold box for me, I don't get to choose which cover on the TF books I get :lol 

16. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    where i am if i dont import i miss out, but i do leave the cyber vurse for the local hunt.

in a years time things should get better from the first 3 foc waves the assortments seem better

17. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

You lie. Vehicon doesn't exist. it's just a elaborate Photoshop Hoax.

I'm on to you "Vehicon Owners".

18. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Doh! Yup, it is Kup. Sorry for the snafu. But to me, he will always be Ironhide.

As for Vehicon, I found mine all on the pegs. I was so happen to be at the right place at the right time.
    (except for the AM Vehicons and Jet Vehicons, which I pre-ordered)

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I have to agree all we see know are bumblebee's and prime's and when I cannot find the figure I want I need to use the internet to get it

20. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    It's no lie. I actually found one, after months of searching high and low, hanging on a peg at Wal-Mart. Found Kup and Rumble the same day. I've never seen another Vehicon since.