Weirdest/Coolest/Etc Place You Spent A Night

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razerwire, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Like the title says, where's the most memorable place you spent a night? And be somewhat serious please. Not fuzzy serious. :lol 

Mine would be a toss up between spending a night camping out on the Great Wall of China or watching the sunrise at Tiananmen Square.

This was back in my highschool days when I went to the International School of Beijing. I was there 7th grade to 12th.

The night spent at the Great Wall was our "senior trip." Basically all of us seniors (40 something in total,) booked buses and went up there to camp out for a night. Despite the sheer awesomeness of it all, it was COLD AS ALL HELL. Oh, and no bathrooms and such so it was just like camping in the wilderness. Except that there was a huge wall that we were on. We watched the sun go down that night and got up early to watch the sun rise. Truly a life changing experience.

The other time would be watching the sunrise at Tiananmen Square. For those of you not familiar, Tiananmen Square is right in front of the Forbidden City and is the place where the student protests took place in 1989. That famous pic of the guy standing before the tanks? That's Tiananmen Square.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

It was one of our last nights as seniors in the city so we decided to stay out all night to go barhopping and clubbing. Right before sunrise, we headed out to the square and found a spot right in front of the Forbidden City gate to watch the sunrise.

After the sunrise, there was the raising of the flag and the changing of the guard. It was a helluva experience. It was also the first time that I got to spend a lot of time with my would be fiancee. :D 

Sadly, I haven't experienced anything that has topped those two ever since. :( 

Next closest would've been Alaska where I saw the sun go down and come back up in what seemed like 10 minutes. :lol 

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

How about in my car, at a rest stop, near the Mississippi/Alabama state line? And it was juuust cold enough to be unpleasant. That's the first thing that comes to mind anyway.

The next few don't involve sleep, so I dunno if they count. :p 

3. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

My last night as a single man was spent sleeping for about 3 or 4 hours at an I-75 Georgia rest area in my car. My (then) fiance and I were traveling to Tennessee to get married, and were driving late at night when I was having trouble staying awake. Rather than spend a lot of money getting a motel room for the night, we decided to conserve and just sleep a little bit at the next rest area.

4. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

*Against a concrete pillar at Ikebukero station

*A net cafe in Shibuya

*The roof of a friends house

2/3 involved booze.

5. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    In the back of a Volkswagen combi after getting it irretrievably bogged in the sand by driving it a little too close too the beach at some isolated point between Cairns and Port Douglas.

Luckily, camped up the beach was a random surfer and his girlfriend who gave me food and beer until the wee hours and assisted in getting the van back on the road.

Either that or the time I drank too much and woke up in a stranger's garden 5 miles from my house.

6. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

well after a night out the funniest place i ended up was on my mates jetty....didnt have a clue how i got there or how my got pierced with a safety pin....lol good ol australia culture

7. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

the first time i ever slept outside when i just became homeless... i was in a tshirt and shorts in october in houston, i slept in my friends yard under a banana tree
    or when i used to live in my friends dog house
    those are memorable
    favorite... hmm could be any of the squats i used to live in with free utilities of somekind...and when i say free i mean pirated
    like we found a floor in a wear house in new orleans that had hot water and electricity and electrical stoves.... i did end up going to jail twice for being in that place, but it was well worth the free stuff

8. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

The top floor of the Sheraton hotel in Naigara falls, didn't get a wink of sleep all night what with the flashing lights, fireworks and constant rumbling, but what a view!

9. ASSASSINAWOKEN

ASSASSINAWOKEN Well-Known Member

On a cot on the edge of a beach on Hawaii after hours during a planned company training mission.

10. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Razerwire's Mom's bedroom.

Oh, serious?
    Boardwise's Mom's bedroom.

11. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Probably camping in the white mountains with a bear trying to see who's inside your tent with you in it.

12. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol 

13. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

To me it is not strange, but mine is in a fish house on the ice of a lake. Nothing, to me, is more awesome than that.

14. Sideways

Sideways Banned

one time, i fell asleep in a graveyard.
    when i woke up , i realised my friends put a sign on me saying " IM NOT DEAD YET " ( monty python !!! )

15. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

The weirdest place was at this haunted railroad tressel to see a ghost which we did. The coolest place was this place I stayed when I was on tour in Warren Ohio, this Rock Quary.

16. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Coolest? Sleeping in a fold-up chair at Best Buy camping for the Wii. That was a fun night.

17. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

The Blackthorne Inn in Inverness, CA is one of the neatest places to spend the night. Gorgeous tree house in an extremely quiet and secluded mountainous area.

http://www.blackthorneinn.com/

The Eagle's Nest room at the top is definitely the one to be in.

I also enjoyed sliding down the fire pole instead of taking the stairs to get to ground level.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man, so many people spending the night in a car. :lol 

19. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    On the front step cause I was drunk. I couldn't put the key in the lock.

20. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Daddy?