weird transformers packaging in the USA

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, May 21, 2008.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

Just have a question. Why are transformers packaged so odd in the US. We get all different shaped boxes, you name it we've got it. In japan, most of the transformers are packaged in square/rectangular shaped boxes which make them easier to store.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Pegs make things easier to display in stores. You don't have to have tons of shelving for all your boxes.
    They're not odd IMO, they're standard. That's how every toy line does it here. Boxes might be nicer to store, but a box for EVERY figure, including scouts and such would just be ridiculous space wasting. I'm much more content with my scouts and deluxes just coming on cards.
    DN

3. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

im not talking about cards with pegs hanging on walls. I'm talking about Boxes for bigger bots. For example, Movie character ironhide, box has a wedge curve at one end. another example, animated blitzwing's box has this weird angle on the left side and top right corner is cut, Hasbro could have just shorten the left side and made the box rectangular and smaller, save alot of storage space that way, looks cleaner too. Last but not least, 20th prime both 1st and 2nd ed.. and starscream's box is strange shaped.why didn't hasbro just use a Standard rectanglar box shape like japanese mp-1 and 2 and mp3 but with clear windows?

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Simple answer: rectangular boxes are boring.

(slightly) longer answer: A box like MP Starscream's is more eye-catching than A N other cuboid shaped box. Therefore is more likely to get the general passer-by looking at it. As much as environmentalists might hate it, more packaging = more sales = companies LOVE IT.