Weird things you've wondered, if Transformers were real

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by zappatton2, Aug 19, 2017.

1. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

Have you ever been struck by odd little questions about the practical implications of real-life Transformers? Two big ones I've mulled over;

1. For carformers who's chestal regions are pressed against the ground in vehicle mode, why are they not constantly covered in filth? And wouldn't their joints eventually grind to a halt with the accumulation of said filth?

2. Assuming Fort Max and Scorponok are built to accommodate organic beings (Human, Nebulans, etc.), wouldn't they have built-in restrooms? And would not these very restrooms become an appalling mess of hellish refuse every time these guys transformed?

Of course, these aren't serious questions, the fiction wasn't really built to accommodate such technicalities, more just a thought experiment for the wandering mind.

2. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

1. Commercial airplanes have a special coating or something that reduces friction to the point where dirt can't stick to it, so it's not inconceivable that Transformers are just immune to getting dirty.

2. Maybe they had energy convertors? Either so they wouldn't have to eat or... Y'know.

The Marvel powermasters had to eat ludicrous amounts of food for power so presumably that's the case on way or another

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

Hmm, good answers! I wasn't even expecting answers, I meant it more as a thought experiment of odd little things you all have wondered about the practical implications of real Transformers. Like, would Bumblebee have air conditioning kinda stuff.

4. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    1. What?

2. They probably had built in plumbing along with built in restrooms, so the plumbing would get rid of the filth. Either that or it just gets converted to energy like the Unicron chamber.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Oh haha, well in that case, since I'm thinking about headmasters now how about this:

What would the mental toll of a long-term binary bond be on the two partners? Like what if their aspects of their personalities began to surface in each other, or if one started remembering things that happened to the other, even after they separated? What if they forgot they were ever separate people?

• Like Like x 2
  6. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

1)Check out the G1 episode Microbots. Transformers have internal sanitisers that remove all impurities.

2)We can assume the headmaster component (the suit) works like the T-B2 powerarmor from the fallout series. It recycles all waste.

7. valisihaud

valisihaud A Troll Among Men

That did happen in the Marvel comics series, we're not shown if this was case for all of the of the various masters types but continually binary-bonding with Optimus Prime ended up merging with the mind of HI-Q into a single entity though seemed that Optimus was the one with the most influence over it the end result.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

One weird thing I've always thought about was, do their voices actually come out of he radio... then movie Bee kinda killed that idea for me when he has a working radio but no voice.

Also, when they're in vehicle mode how exactly do they see? I kinda think their head lights function as a second set of optics in vehicle mode.

9. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    How do they see as cars?
    What about the Seekers who had jets?
    Or Blitzwing? Tank and Jet!
    Or even Shockwave and Megs? Two Guns!!!!

10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    How did the Decepticons not punch right through the Autobot carbots?
    They can seat drivers and noting compresses during transformation, if anything they become even more hollow when becoming robots.

11. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

How did I forget that.

I guess all the Transformers comics I've read are starting to merge with my subconscious.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    If they were real, I'd wonder what practical use transforming even has. A difficult, complicated method of semi-permanent body alteration which is ostensibly "burned" after one use, when cloaking and holograms are common technology. That's like undergoing painful and debilitation plastic surgery to go undercover when you can just turn invisible. Actually not even that, since Transformers rarely interact with the human population, they're simply disguised as our vehicles.

13. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i always just went with the idea that windshields/cockpits/headlights function as their eyes in alt mode. don't know how that'd translate to a gun, but..

14. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

He can see out of the scope!

15. jumbosaber

jumbosaber Walking Talking Jumbo Jet

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    how can i marry a transformer

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Did you never watch G1? Spike asks that very same question in the pilot. There's a very clear answer within the fiction.

Disguise, which as you said isn't really practicle if you can turn invisible but Mirage is the only one who can do that and more importantly then being the worst disguise ever, it's faster than walking. So basically the same reason we don't walk everywhere we go.

Though I question what the point of beast modes are... not the first season of Beast Wars cause that was clearly explained but the robotic beast modes from pretty much every other continuity. They don't work as disguises and they don't have the speed of a vehicle mode so why do giant metal beast modes exist at all?

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I often thought the opposite with a specific toy - the Alternators Ford Mustang mold (Grimlock, Wheeljack). The way that toy transforms turns the car seat cushions into the bottoms of the feet, so after walking around for a while, how grungy do those car seats get for any passengers? :) 

Aside from a limited disguise aspect, the alt-modes usually (though obviously not always) grant abilities beyond the robot modes, like faster transportation, greater firepower, size change, or dinosaur kickassitude.

- though such a construct that actually follows the laws of physics would probably make for two modes far less useful than a non-transforming version of either, but ya gotta suspend disbelief somewhere!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  18. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Always in someone's corner

News Credits:
    Megatron and Shockwave are submarines, they just look out the periscope.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I just figured beast modes were for combat.

I always did wonder about the dirt and grime thing myself.

Also how noisy is Cybertron? Legions of 30 foot tall metal robots walking around on a metal planet.