Weird TF-Related News

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by bny888, Nov 3, 2009.

1. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    "Kid Drinks Gasoline to be Like Transformers"

Shanghai Daily is reporting that a 14-year-old from Yibin in Sichuan, China has been drinking Gasoline for the last five years to become a “valiant fighter” like Optimus Prime. The youngster first saw the animated Transformers tv series when he was nine years old, and was so impressed that be “that he began drinking fuel on a daily basis to “obtain energy” and become a mighty warrior like the Transformers.”

The kids parents scolded the kid after he started smelling the gas in cigarette lighters, and later began to notice that the gasoline in their motorcycle had begin disappearing. They caught the kid in the act and locked the motorcycle away, but the boy started stealing gasoline from unsuspecting neighbors. After the parents learned that their child was drinking two or three bottles a day, they decided to take him to a hospital. The doctor explained to the boy that he would not gain supernatural strength, but instead now has mental disorders from the lead and a strong “gasoline dependence.”

“Since my son start to drink gas, his intelligence quotient dropped sharply and he couldn’t figure out addition and subtraction of sums within 100,” the father said. “Before that, he was a very smart boy, and he could even repair the television. But now he doesn’t know the answer of 7 plus 17.”

a link to the news item:
    Kid Drinks Gasoline To Be More Like the Transformers | /Film

2. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    "Man threatened with arrest at Heathrow for wearing Transformers T-shirt"

An airline passenger claimed that a security guard threatened to arrest him because he was wearing a T-shirt showing a cartoon robot with a gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, from London, said he was stopped from passing through security at Heathrow's Terminal 5 after his Transformers T-shirt was deemed 'offensive.'

The IT consultant was set to fly off on a business trip to Dusseldorf in Germany when he was pulled to one side.

Mr Jayakody said the first guard started joking with him about the Transformers character depicted on his French Connection T-shirt.

'"Then he explains that since Megatron is holding a gun, I'm not allowed to fly,' he said.

'It's a 40ft tall cartoon robot with a gun as an arm. There is no way this shirt is offensive in any way, and what I'm going to use the shirt to pretend I have a gun?

He was cooperative with the supervisor and took off the the 'offensive' T-shirt, replacing it with another shirt in his carry on luggage.

A spokesman for Heathrow operator BAA said: 'If a T-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it, for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it.

'We are investigating what happened to see if it came under this category.

'If it's offensive, we don't want other passengers upset.'

He said there was no record of the incident and the passenger 'certainly didn't make a formal complaint at the time.'

The Optimus Prime character on Mr Jayakody's T-shirt is the most well known of the series.

[​IMG]
    (pic from thisislondon.co.uk)

a link to the article:
    Man threatened with arrest at Heathrow for wearing Transformers T-shirt| News | This is London

3. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I've heard about the kid drinking gasoline before, but the second one is pretty ridiculous.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I've heard about both before, they're quite old.

Please don't tell us about the man who changed his name to Optimus Prime, he even posts here, so we know.

5. funstorm

funstorm Doer of nothing

ya they are old news but i never heard of the gas kid

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

He does? Never knew.

Never heard the gasoline one before, the heathrow airport stuff, seen that before.

And, gasoline? Idiot. It's energon, get it right! :lol 

7. Swiftcat Prime

Swiftcat Prime Good always triumphs!

Okay weird a kid actually drinking gasoline.
    But come on Optimus Prime tshirt is offensive?? I have to see all these, I love what's his name from Twilight, but Optimus is offensive because he has a gun?

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So this is going to be a thread about old threads in the news forum that are considered "weird"?

9. dalton14y

dalton14y Decepticon Slayer

the first one is kinda wierd. :drunk 

the second one is just stupid. people these days judge to quick. that doesnt even make sense. its a tshit!?! :crazy: 

Thats interesting. a guy naming himself optimus prime. he must like transformers or something haha :lolol 

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly he did it because Prime was his hero and he wanted his kids to have a decent role model. Not that they don't have one already, as he's a firefighter in the US army. Really nice guy too.

11. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    *Facepalm* at kid.

12. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

:faceplam: thats it...transformers are done for! :lolol 

13. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Is this story the new dancing Soundwave?

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Or that video with Prime and Megatron meeting Leader 1 the Go-bot. That was weird.

15. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Hey I happened to read in an un-remembered tabloid that "TRANSFORMERS STAR JOSH DUHAMEL" is being accused of cheating on Fergie with an Atlanta stripper.