Weird 'mystery raffle' scammer selling 'TFs'

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-G1-Pepsi...oryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm just confused by this seller. 0 feedback and many many auctions that are labeled as and have pics of real items such as vintage Prime and PS3s but then you enter the description and it confusingly explains you are bidding on a mystery envelope. A couple of people have actually bid too. From what I can tell the mystery envelope has nothing to do with the auctions' listings and could be a blank piece of paper or...air!

WTF!?!?!?!

2. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen this before. Its kind of a cool idea and an easy way to make money :p  Basically, its like a cheap raffle, but done through ebay. You might win a Jolly Rancher, you might win a PS3.

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Sounds more like a stupid idea to me. A) Why does he list them as actual items and then only in the item description do you read about the auction not having anything to do with the item listed and B) As he doesn't identify what the possible things to win are, they almost definately don't have anything to do with what he has been listing and are 100% 'jolly rancher' type prizes if not just a common sports card or an envelope with a stamp on it.

4. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    All those items are what you may win. I've seen these before too but this one doesnt sound too well explained or put together.

5. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA

It doesn't matter how many disclaimers this scammer puts in the auction, it's a raffle, pure and simple, report it and it will go *poof*.

I mean seriously, all these people do is give everyone nothing, and 1 person they know fakes a buy and leaves a positive feedback indicating they won the "big prize"

6. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Looks like it got pulled, I was gonna say this type of auction is against eBay policy.