Weird Glitch part 2

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Insane Galvatron, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It's a shame only mods can reply to threads. As it is, I have to start a new one.

For me, it's the "cool stuff thread". I have my options set to 25 posts per page, and yet I was getting the same glitch. Showing one more page, but there isn't one more page. So the suggested fix in that thread isn't the overall solution.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's not a shame, because it's done on purpose.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I guess the whole "post in the existing topic instead of starting a new one" thing is what makes me feel like I shouldn't be starting a new thread. But since I couldn't contribute to the other thread, I had to start a new one. Especially since the solution in the other thread didn't fix the problem for me.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There's no definite fix. Increased posts per page simply changes how the database calculates the number of posts in the thread, which sometimes moves the miscalculation to a spot where it's not an issue, but other times it'll be somewhere where it will show up for that count.

Hope that makes sense.

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    There was no "suggested fix." Sol stated that threads with large post counts will have the problem. All increasing your posts-per-page will do is take longer for the thread to get really long. I thought it was pretty clear I was joking with Aernaroth. Sorry if you didn't catch that.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011