Weird dream I had...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chocula78, Aug 1, 2006.

1. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    So, about 8 months ago I was sleeping in my fraternity room at school and had this crazy dream....

I was sitting in my living room at home, at night. The lights were on in the room, but dark everywhere else in the house. My dog got up and wanted to be let out the front door, which meant going into the dark hallway. In my dream, I followed her to the hallway entrance. I walked into the hallway and turned on the light.

I then turned to walk down the hallway, when I saw Satan standing at the other end. He was about 6' tall, humanoind and covered in black fur. I could barely make out any features, he was so dark. It was if light avoided him. His eyes were solid white and he was clutching his triton in his right hand. I woke up in a cold sweat immediately after seeing him and was absolutely scared shitless.

I saw him for maybe a milisecond, but remember all those details. He didn't do anything; he was just standing there.

I am a proclaimed atheist, so it was even weirder that the Devil would appear to me in a dream and that I would have that feeling of being afraid. I am bringing this up now becaue my girlfriend asked me last night if I had any weird dreams. What are your opinions on this guys? I haven't had any dreams like this since then.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Man, I have the same dreams. Mine are wet dreams, though.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had a weird dream where i attended Botcon with a BW Megatron custume with giant arm attachments for the beast head and tail. Had a helmet and a cloth mask with red plastic lenses over the eye holes.. And boots that looked like the TRex legs.

4. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Earlier today I fell asleep on the couch. An hour later the phone rings and I get up. However, as soon as I take a few steps I then really wake up. I'm on the couch and the phone's ringing. Nearly had a heart attack

5. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Question: Where you eating Jalepenos prior to this dream?

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Obviously a dream, I was on holiday with Ronald McDonald and the Grand Wizard at the time.

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I've had at least 2 dreams where I get electrocuted by lightning. In each one, the A-Team comes and rescues me. It's weird.

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    That dream sounds pretty frightening. As to what it means...who knows

I have REALLY fucked up, scary ass dreams every night if I do not drink enough beer at night, otherwise I can't sleep for more than ten minutes at a time.

Last night was a doozy...

9. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I dream about titties.

10. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Sooooo.... infernal emissions, then?

Hoo-ah! Johnny I'm on fire and I left my asbestos pants at home!

But yeah, I don't sleep enough to dream all that often, and when I do, they're pretty blah.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    FIRE IN THE BEDROOM!

FIRE AT THE TACO BELL!

FIRE IN THE BEDROOM!

FIRE IN THE GATES OF HELL!

I <3 Satan. Carnally.

12. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

The weirdest dream I had was waking up 3 times and the first two weren't real but felt so real that I was actually wondering the 3rd time if I really woke up.

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The two most frequent-freaky dreams I get are both ones that will make it impossible for me to sleep.

1. I'll be asleep in bed, then wake up, but I can't move, I can hear noises, and then this really tall (about 6' 5, or 7') spectre shape-figure starts moving across the hallway to my room, I still can't move, and the figure sort of, glides really sinisterly to me, it's face comes into view, and it is always expressionless, and hands reach out to my face, then I wake up. (I've had this dream about 16-19 time since 2003)

2. Im laying in bed, and in my dream I wake up, I can see my curtains, and there is a shadow outside my window, A red light shines through the window, and then I wake up.

The second of which really makes it impossible for me to sleep, and I just stare, transfixed, at the curtains, and my parents have seen and heard this many times.

Sometimes, I will just wake up, and just read, for hours, Even if it's about 2am, I will sit awake reading.

My main problem is, ever since I was very young, I have had an incredibly over-active imagination, and as a result, it is a real mental battle to force any image or thought out of my mind. Only in the past year or so has it become really prominent.
    I can't so much as look at anything breakable, without in my mind, the mental image of a Leg, swinging out and smashing said objects. It is a pyshical struggle to focus.

Wow, I really needed to get that out of my system.

EDIT: what I was talking about with my Over-active imagination, I will elaborate.

When you're very young, and your parents tell you, to beat nightmares, you have to force them out of your head, I've never been able to do that, and, as a result, still suffer from 'night-terrors', not the screaming, waking-up-in-tears kind, but the, cold-sweat scared s**t-less kind.

Another thing that disturbs me, I cannot sit near, or next to an open window when it's dark, there is just something that stops me.

Also, Im well aware I'm incredibly Paranoid, I've known for years.

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I had that once when I was 4... I yelled "Go! Go Eyes!" then I woke up. That was just creepy.

Dirge121, I understand what you mean. I'm completely paranoid. And can't sleep with socks on.

15. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

You shouldn't worry about demonic dreams unless they are recurring.

16. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Devil in your head? Clearly you're posessed. I suggest watching the Exorcist for tips on ridding one's brain of demons.

I actually get bizarre dreams like this all the time. Ones that seem oddly normal and real, but have weird events or people showing up. Rarely does one of these startle me awake though. I find eating before sleep encourages dreams, especially spicey food or sweets. Since I'm used to messed up dreams, I try and just enjoy the show.

Think of it as a movie you're unexpectedly directing.

17. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It all makes sense. Until you go to bed the next night and have a nightmare about a nightmare...

18. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

That's actually a misconception. Soon as you hit REM sleep, you're dreaming. The thing is, they're so lucid, we only end up remembering the dreams we have towards the morning.

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have these dreams where i post on this board and everything i say is gold and everybody worships me.

oh wait, not a dream.

20. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I never have nightmares like that anymore. When you spend your time making monsters and giving them life, you really kill any chance you'll ever have of say a monster chasing you down the street.

No, all my nightmares deal with is emotion pain. ****ing hate them.