Weijiang "Computron" combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by vproject, Sep 20, 2017.

1. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

What? What does that even mean? Okay, from what I think you mean, let's apply what you said to the TF:Movie designs:
    Robots don't look like the technology

Combiner doesn't resemble the technology

Vehicles doesn't resemble the technology.

And yet, there are hordes of fans. HMMM
    Don't worry, I'm not attacking you for having your own opinion, just critiquing it through my own view. You can dislike these all you want.
    I honestly don't really care about the technobots, as, unless I'm missing anything, they had very little character development to make me obsessed with having a closer G1 aesthetic.
    I think that rewards me with the ability to buy these and use them as technobots (I guess? don't really care that much, but since i'll be adding it to my TF collection, sure why not) or any other TF-looking robots that, in all honesty, have some pretty refreshingly awesome IDW/WFC/FOC Cybertronian designs. These designs beat the shit out of a lot of bland designs as of late that seem to follow suit with MP toon design. This even has more detail than MMC figures imo.

I do agree that the faces could look better, though. Probably the only critique of what I see so far.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. DangerousFat

DangerousFat Well-Known Member

I don't think it looks like THE Technobots, but it definitely looks like a design that could have BEEN the Technobots. I actually quite like it. Unfortunately for me, scale is the issue, I'm all in on the Warbotron 15" combiner scale and if this isn't in that range +- an inch or so, then I just don't have a place for it in my collection. But if it's in that range and the color scheme is unique enough to differentiate them from THE Technobots, then I'm certainly game.

3. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken but it looks like the hands and feet are integrated rather than separate parts. If they are, I like that, even though separate hands and feet can work better.

I also like that the 3P Nosecone seems to really want to remind people in bot mode that he is all about the drilling. He has his alt mode drill on/in his chest, he has a pair of tiny drill horns on his head, and his right hand is a drill. Really drilling home the message.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hobo Prime

Hobo Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [Bad Pun/]Is his function a Drill Sergeant?[/]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    shit, if nothing else it'd be a a coollp base for an sg computron. beats the hell out of "regular technobots but in TERRORCON COLORS!!!"

6. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WJ, don't waste energy on these projects. Stick to OS MP and OS Movie.

7. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

How are these the tecnobots it looks completely original.

Or is this like the Steelcore has to be based on an obscure recolor before people will buy it or accept it.

I second the wish for a cool color palette.

8. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what does this mean of their omega?

9. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

:lol 

10. Zula

Zula Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These look good.
    Clearly (heavily) inspired by the Technobots, but with enough differentiation to make them their own team

Question:
    Where would be a good place online to order this and Fire or Police sets?

Why?
    Its good to see original designs.

In any case, I don't think that doing this is going any OS KOs in the works.

11. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Autocorrect changed Technobot to technology. Homage wise, the robots have very different appearances and the combiner is completely different from the different combination structure and radically altered bots.

The collection of alt modes is the closest thing to anything (G1 or IDW) that is officially the Technobots/Computron. It's a very limited homage, like saying any collection of construction vehicles is Devastator or anything with jets is Superion. A good example being those KO company combiners that are 100% new, like Starcats "non defensor"

At a certain point, these designs stop being the character and start being something New. Like I said, this is a weird Computron, but its a great base for a custom/as some new character

12. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Sirtoys.com Even if they're out of stock, you can use the "want list" feature and Paul will get them for you. They also show up on ebay and alexipress and such, but service and price through sirtoys.com is always the best!

13. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I'm actually interested in the story as to WHY people think these are based on the Technobots though.

Is it possible it's just a coincidence? or was it stated these are based on the team?

14. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Pure speculation based on the alt modes being vaguely similar. And the general presumption that everything must be either a 3P Homage to or a KO of a TF product.

People have called from this same series:

A Cyclopean Headed 5 Man Yellow Construction team "Devastator"
    [​IMG]
    A Green team of jets and helicopters with modded Decepticon emblems "Superion"
    [​IMG]

Variouis generic SAR teams "Defensor"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Not to mention the Starcats "Defensor" and "Dinobot" sets who are closer, but still not true attempts at the characters.

Not consistently, but themed combiner teams seem to get short handed to TF gestalt names by default by the fandom.

15. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Starcats stuff was designed by TFC right?

16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Let's see, we have here a futuristic bike, a futuristic car, a vehicle with a big drill, a space jet with two sort of frontal horns, a space jet with a front cannon. It's not a coincidence.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bustermaster

Bustermaster HEAD ON!, GOD ON!, BRAIN SET!

Could care less about the computron, But my god weijiang fix the combined head and we have a great Modern Brave Land bison esque robo
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    What's the normal price point on Wei Jiang combiners?

If reviews for this guy are good, I may be tempted to get him.

19. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Yup...which is in part why they'e "Closer" to a TF Homage..I think they were planning a liuttle double-duty with those designs

Oh there's definitely Computron DNA in there...but there's a difference between "influenced by" "inspired by" and "meant to be"

HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT???? Yes Yes Yes!!!!

~60 bucks USD for the whole set. Not CHEAP, but compared to 3P Combiner pricing and value-for-dollar vs. say Combiner Wars...darn reasonable IMO.

20. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    Their post on Facebook leads me to believe this (computron) will come out after Ironhide.