weight loss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ssjkazer, Aug 21, 2011.

1. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    well what do you do to keep the extra weight off

do you want advise i thought i would start this to see if i can kick off a conversasion about it and help people

well to start the ball rolling

i thought i would tell you's a little about my sitaution myself and what i do to keep it off

well my family are very to very wide people large shoulders now im siting at 142 kg was at 150kg i have been weight lifting and shadow boxing and going for runs to keep it off actuly im about to go for a run just waiting for the water in my stomic to settal before i go

sorry about my spelling i always have a hard time and mozzilas spell checker gives the most weird words when i check them lol

2. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

At the age of 18, I was over 100 pounds overweight.
    After a total lifestyle change and body transformation, I'm now a certified personal fitness trainer and even do occasional work as a fitness model.

I follow a high intensity bodybuilding weight routine. I'm in the gym 6 to 7 days a week. Very little cardio, but lots of circuit and supersets with weights.

My diet is all about controlling the glycemic response. I keep it high protein, moderate fat, and low carb. Lots of lean meats and vegetables, very moderate amount of fruit, and almost no grains.

3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I am on the high fat, high carb, high protein diet. Coupled with my desk job, I don't lose weight, but am quite happy.
    Weights been stable for the past 5 years.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I don't really have a weight problem, but I've been going on walks a couple of nights a week. I also walk to my post office, movie theater, and supermarket since they're close by. And if I do drive anywhere, I intentionally park as far away as possible.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I eat never more than twice a day (usually just once), fast at least once a week and exercise every morning and evening. Works for me.

6. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

I'm also an advocate for intermittent fasting.
    I do one 24 to 36 hour fast each week.
    Cheers.

7. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

I exercise for 20-30 minutes a day, twice a day, and drink a ton of water.

8. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 screaming internally

walk 3 or more miles a day and chug lots of water is what I do

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I had gastric bypass (mainly because of my diabeetus) at the end of June. Lost over 40 lbs so far.

10. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Run 5 miles every morning, do P90X in the evenings. It works for me, but I'm actually going to cut back on the weight lifting a bit and gear towards more cardio going forward.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if nothing else, a simple way to lose weight (or at least get yourself in better condition) is to stop drinking cans of pop & eating potato chips every day.

Like, it might seem like too small of a thing to matter & it might not be as easy for someone else as it was for me (since I sort of stopped liking that crap naturally), but dropping that stuff was one of the best things I ever did.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    :) 

13. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

this post coupled with your sig makes it rather ironic.

started running a few miles every other day at the beginning of summer, it's helped me lose some flab. i started being lazy ever since i was told by some quack to stop skating last year because of my neck problems, a year later and i still have neck problems and haven't gotten back into skating, which kept my weight in check surprisingly well when i still did it.

14. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Alternatively, eating small meals throughout the day instead of the 3 big ones most people are accustomed to helps the body to more efficiently digest and absorb nutrients from food. It also helps to prevent you from gorging down a gigantic dinner in the evening to quell the hunger you gained during your work day after lunch.

15. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I've never been all that big a person (5'10", 155 currently), but one Lent I gave up soda and lost 10lbs by Easter. So soda is one I'd highly suggest. Limiting fast food is a no-brainer.

I'm 28 now and I know I can't rely on my metabolism to keep my weight down forever. I've started taking vitamin supplements, drinking vitamin/protein shakes twice a day, eating more smaller meals rather than a few large ones, and simply eating breakfast.

Summer's been really nice to me also, as I'd been playing tennis every chance possible, and have spent a number of weekends at a park playing volleyball with friends or tossing around a football.

Everything I'm doing though is probably better suited for people trying to maintain their weight rather than lose significant poundage. And with all the fast food I've consumed I'm sure I'm far healthier looking on the outside than I am on the inside.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Called don't shove everything you can in your mouth, plus work out like a lot! I'm 10 pounds underweight for someone my size. My doctor told me to gain at least 5 more pounds but even when I try I can't because I work out too much. My stomach is really sensitive so I only eat fruits and vegetables. I have a piece of chicken(4 oz organic) like every other day so I have some protein but *shrugs* that's how I keep weight off. Additionally I only drink water.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, and I know that adults don't normally do this this because it seems silly or whatever, but spending time on swings (even short periods) can make for quite a good workout. I mean, not only are you working a lot of your core, but you're also doing so at a fluent pace that a focuses on your balance as well. You don't need to be in shape when you start, you can often do this in parks after school hours (going during can be strange because even if its not recess, people still think you're a pedo), and the majority of your movement is controlled by you, rather than a machine. Plus if you go with a friend, time flies just as fast as if you're playing video games or biking.

If it wasn't for swings & the fact that I played soccer, the lifestyle I lead back when I was younger would've done me in, and the fact that this hasn't been milked is beyond me.

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    To answer the OP, I train and race on my bike (road/cross-country). No special diet.

19. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

I eat what i like but try not to over do it. I walk to and from work everyday.

20. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Drink only water and lots of it.

No fruit juices either.