Wei Jiang Ultima Guard (Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 15, 2017.

?

Are you interested?

1. YES

50.1%
  2. MAYBE

24.2%
  3. NO

25.7%
  1. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

I agree vehemently but that's just not how it works around here for some reason. People sell their used toys for full retail price or pretty close to it and people pay it. Drives me crazy but that's how it is.

I'm in the US and you'd never be able to feed 5 people KFC for $20 here. Might be able to do it for a little less than $36 if you go with the cheapest option but definitely more than $20. It honestly surprises me every time my wife and I eat out - it feels like it wasn't that long ago that everything cost like half as much. I guess that's one of the signs that I'm getting old.

I just wanna say that, if I was certain I could sell the medic bot for $40-50, I'd buy Omega. The $200 price is just too much and I have absolutely zero interest in the medic so, even though I am loath to break up any kind of set, I'd make an exception. Like most of the people here, though, I don't consider it worth that much. Hell, I wouldn't consider it to be worth even $20 but I tend to compare these things to equivalent mass market toys where this thing would be $10 tops. But yeah, if people were willing to pay that much, I'd go for it.

2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    How about Omega at $175 without one accessory? An accessory that doesn't even match him aesthetically.

Cheaper than a 3p mp Dinobot and 8 (?) times the mass. It's all about perspective and how you wanna see it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grimlock75

Grimlock75 Well-Known Member

Yeah, think if we want to sell a figure on, best time to do it is when you cant get it anymore ..that way you get your money back and sometimes a bit on top! ...p.s i want a KFC now LoL ..only 2hrs before they are serving dinner :D 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

I don't think the 90's speculator's mentality of toy selling applies as much these days, especially not for things labelled "adult collectibles" from the get go. The whole reason MIB/MOC toys were worth so much more back in the day is because hardly anyone in the 70's or 80's ever thought they would be worth anything, so most of them were just ripped open and played with until they fell apart. Nowadays, tons of people keep them sealed up like treasure. Often when I go looking for figures from lines like Masterpiece, MOTUC, S.H. Figuarts, etc, I will find that listings for the figure being brand new, or NMOC, are actually far more common than loose figures, and nearly all of them are in pristine condition either way. The (fairly sensible) result is that in many cases, the price difference between a loose figure and a carded one aren't all that big. Especially if the figure is getting hard to find in general.

Not too long ago I sold a MOTUC figure which I actually opened on purpose, because looking at prior eBay sales, I figured that the money I'd save in shipping the thing would easily off-set the depreciation from opening it, because the value just doesn't seem to depend that much on packaging anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

I probably should've been clearer. $200 is too much for a Dinobot, plain and simple. That ft is able to charge that much and still have a successful product is, imo, an indication that this fandom will put up with too much. But, again, that's just my opinion. As for omega, $200 is fine. Given the size and weight and the shipping from China, $200 is perfectly reasonable. I just don't want omega badly enough to pay $200. At least not for now - maybe when I've got pretty much all the other figures that I want, I'll be willing to set aside my play money from two months to get one figure. For now, though, there are too many that are at risk of drying up. In other words, getting omega now would be risking not getting two or three other figures at all.

For me, it's not the opened/unopened thing so much as it's the used/new thing. If a toy has been opened, then it's likely been transformed, posed, played with, paint scratched, collected dust, sat in sunlight, etc. It has mileage on it and can't be expected to look as nice or last as long in my hands as if it were new. Therefore it's not worth as much. Sure, a lot of collectors take extremely good care of their toys, only transforming them once or twice and displaying it out of sunlight and in a relatively dust free environment but you just kind of have to take their word for it. For me, a used figure is only worth it if it's at least 25% less than a new one but, for some reason, collectors in this community seem to think that they should be able to buy a toy, play with it and enjoy it for months and then sell it for nearly as much or as much as they bought it for. Essentially they get to have it on their shelves and play with it for free. That bugs me. But hey, if people are willing to pay for it, then whatever. But I refuse to (granted it's a little different when it's a rare, hard to find figure).

• Like Like x 1
  6. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    Just paid my preorder on Taobao, ¥670 all up. Hoping international shipping isn't going to be too much but hope to have in hand by Friday next week!

• Like Like x 1
  7. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. Rasheem Clinton

Rasheem Clinton Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Got my tracking from TF-Direct. Can't wait to get this big boy in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

My order was shipped to warehouse on taobao yesterday should be there in a couple days. Ill let every 1 know weight and costs to Australia.

10. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Seems like a nice set. Loving my fans Toys one but this one seems to be an original non KO version of Wei Jiang. So I’m wanting to see how they take a crack at what I think might be their first non KO toy? If I’m wrong, please kindly let me know.

11. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

Their Megatron is actually a new mold. But with some inspiration from MP-36 and Apollyon.
    UG is completely new, and in regular MP scale..

12. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    I’ll check out the reviews. When I move to a bigger home, I may get him. But having Fort Max, Grand Max, Metro, Trypticon (all generations or latest versions), Make Toys Scorponok And Fans Toys Omega Supreme, I’ve now only got space for Fans Toys recent announcements :confused: o_O 

13. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    LMAO

Anyway, I wonder what other bigguns WJ has the ball joints to try something like their OS with? I just had the passing thought of a Scorponok with motorized bug legs to shuffle him towards Autobot annihilation. I'd be 40 before it'd be available to buy, but I'd probably buy it!

14. Floptimus Grime

Floptimus Grime New Member

Just got a shipping notification from show.z. I was a bit late to the preorder, so the first batch must be fairly large.

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of the sites still say pre order. I'd gladly buy from someone who has it in stock.

16. Red2

Red2 Well-Known Member

Dang, I never got my invoice from Show.Z. Maybe I was too late on the pre-order?

17. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

I just got contact from the guy I'm ordering from today that he received his shipment. Says he'll have it out in the mail for me by tomorrow! Looking forward to this!

18. DanielTorres99

DanielTorres99 Well-Known Member

whats the best option to get this guy for someone living in the UK ?

19. Grimlock75

Grimlock75 Well-Known Member

TF-Direct ..they mark the box up so it sails through customs without charge, free express 5 day shipping too WeiJiang Ultima Guard

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  20. gtf316

gtf316 Creamy and delicious.

Ebay:
    Or here Wei Jiang New Evolution NE-02 Ultima Guard

Bit more expensive but due in stock this week and you can get next day delivery.