Wei Jiang Ultima Guard (Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 15, 2017.

?

Are you interested?

1. YES

51.5%
  2. MAYBE

23.0%
  3. NO

25.6%
  1. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

The clearest comparison of heights b/w FT Terminus and CW Devy is the closeup photo of Sixo's review of FT Terminus because they are in very close proximity, almost facing each other. The Red line shows your previous comparison which is clearly not true. The green line is where Devy's shoulder properly lines up to Terminus.
    FTGiganticusvsCWDevy1.jpg

Your photo, like you said, is taken at a weird angle where Terminus is closer to the camera. And you also forgot to take into account that the yellow section on Terminus' shoulder/traps is smaller compared to the yellow section on Ultima Guards. That's why the red section just underneath Ultima's head is almost square compared to FT's rectangle shape. Also Ultima's torso looks longer than Terminus' which could probably account for the height difference.
    WJUltimaGuardVsWJLubo1.jpg FTGiganticus.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. usernamedustin

usernamedustin 3P Scourgatron KO. Has Die-Cast and Ankle-Tilts.

This amateur detective work is ridiculous. Trying to figure out relative heights based on random pictures of varying quality taken at different angles and poses will just lead around in circles without ending in any real answer. Just wait until there is a photo of them standing next to each other and you will see which one is the tallest.

• Like Like x 6
  3. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

It is not silliness, man! It is geek detective work! No definite number but I think its fair to say it is a bit taller at the least. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never, ever agree with dustball, but this will be the first time. He's right.

There's no point in speculating and wracking our brains to measure up a toy that isn't in hand. Not to mention, he's not standing straight up, which will add to his height once he does.

Here's the thing, whether he's as tall as Titan Class, or taller, he's going to be roughly $150.00, shipped, once he hits retail.

Let's focus on that, we can give a toss about the size later.

5. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

I disagree. I appreciate the size detective work. For those deciding whether this is a good alternative to Fanstoys and dx9, any info on the size is helpful and, from the picture analyses, I'd say the preliminary conclusions about his height definitely hold water. I'm betting he'll be pretty damn close to tg height.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's an unfinished product... and subject to change. I'd much rather wait until the final product is fully reviewed to get an actual, factual size.

7. usernamedustin

Yes it is a bit taller, but which one?

Yes, it has been established that they are all around the same height. It didn't take much sleuthing to figure that out. Exact relative heights won't be known for sure until there is a direct comparison of the figures.

8. dwong1207

The WJ one is taller.

9. dwong1207

Less expensive always better...just hope quality outs there. I have the OS throttlebots. Its a great set. Freeway plastic feels way off. So hopefully they have a good factory working on this.

10. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Well ok. I just think the ft looks bigger even taking the angles in, the lines i drew don't really prove anything just for rough guessing...
    Sixo's picture is not a good one to judge from because the FTs legs are spread and he is leaning forward, almost the purpose of the picture being for them to square off...

It's close for sure but the ft i still think is bigger.

Btw does anyone know the height of ft omega to the top of the wing? I am trying to figure out where the 60cm on the weijang came from because i don't think actual head height is 60cm. I would be surpised.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  11. usernamedustin

If you factor in angle of lighting, roof pitch, and shadow length, it appears that the FT one is taller than Devastator, but Devastator is clearly shorter than the WJ one. So it is conclusive. Devastator is shorter than the FT one and the WJ one is taller than Devastator. I use science to get Results!

• Like Like x 4
  12. servatusprime

servatusprime Chug Chuga Choo Choo

Unless someone does a review and says that this is a flaming turd I’m buying it. I think it will be good for my chug collection and it looks like it will have high play value which is really important to me. If it anint fun it ain’t worth having. Finally someone can take on my unite warriors devastator.

13. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

I’m getting Gabriel for my Omega Supreme, but if this mold is solid and a good price, I’m definitely looking for a couple of Omega Sentinels out of this design.

So, any of you planning to double dip on one mold for Omega Supreme and Omega Sentinels, or like me plan on at least two different mold?

14. dwong1207

Don't forget the space time contiuum and the quantum physics that go into eyeing the height difference. Especially when someone farts and makes your sense spin. :) 

15. usernamedustin

That is ridiculous. Those things have nothing to do with this.

16. Kayman26

Kayman26 Well-Known Member

Getting Gabriel as my go-to Omega Supreme but this version is simply too cheap for me not to get and have fun with. Seriously, $150-ish for a solid fun looking OS with a motorized tank!? Yes please!

17. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

You are exaggerating the spread in Sixo's photo. Everyone knows that that is FT Terminus's natural stance.
    You also need to look at how wide Ultima's stance is in the photo beside Lubo. So that cancels out.
    And that very slight lean is not going to account for the difference between the red and green line. That difference is about an inch considering Terminus' overall height of 22.5"

Terminus does look heftier but not taller.

The top of the wing of Terminus is ~25 1/2" (~65cm). The top of the head is ~22 1/2" (~57cm).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  18. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:

Hello. It's all good man. I had thought of the things you mention, like WJs open stance... I said i thought i had been generous to the WJ because when i did the side by side scaling one photo against the other a fraction of difference would make a big difference on impression of the figure and when i scaled the 2 photos i did think the WJ could be made a fraction smaller.

As i said earlier the FT just looks bigger from looking at the two photos.

Thanks for those measurments, i really believe the WJ wing height is 60cm(which was a figure thats been claimed but not specified) and the FT wing height makes sense at 65cm. The head heights fall where they fall, but yeah i believe that is the difference i am seeing in the photos.

All power to you if you read this a different way it proves to be. I respectfully disagree for now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Actualy, I stand corrected.
    Found this side by side photo of Terminus and Devy and it appears that Terminus might be slightly taller than Ultima. :thumb 
    I don't think the difference is 5cm (~2inches) though as you suggested.
    UltimavsTerminus.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    When they're this big, a little difference goes a long way.