Customs: Wedding Gift Kitbash...HELP!!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Blaster_Prime, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Two of my friends are getting married, both of them are quite the fans of Transformers, but not really the collector type. Still, I thought it would be cool if I kitbashed a Bride and Groom pair of transformers...the only problem is I have never done a kitbash before and not sure of what kind of paints to get, how to mod heads (like if I should use clay or something) ect. Not only that but I really have no idea what Trans would be good for it...except of course OP for the groom.

I'm thinking of doing a black and white Movie OP so the robot mode looks like he is in a tux and maybe to a humorous looking top hat of some kind. As for the Bride I am at a total loss. Movie op is pretty big and it would have to be a bot reletivly his size...and I'm pretty sure my friend wouldn't like being compared with Megatron as a bride lol

Sorry for noobing it up ^^;;

2. christoferhai

christoferhai Banned

3. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  4. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know what kind of time crunch you are in, but you could get a Classics Prime, and repaint Cybertron Thunderblast into Classics Elita-1. There are lots of Thunderblast's on eBay. You can see what Elita-1 looks like in the 2007 Botcon comic. I don't have my comic or camera handy, so maybe someone can post a pic for you.

~X

5. Blaster_Prime

I've actually got quite some time, they get married in April. As for Thunderblast/Classics Prime, it's interesting but I kinda had my heart set on movie prime, particularly because the split windsheild would be perfect for where the tux opens up. Plus, I'm not particularly fond of the Classics prime mold or Thunderblast. Thanks for the comments tho.

Thanks for the links on the customcake toppers guys, neat customs ^^

I actually had an idea to use Rescue Ratchet (repainted and tooled of course) for the bride, what do you think?

6. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

The proportions and bulk look of Ratchet doesn't really scream female figure to me. It could be an insult to the bride if she is self conscious about her weight. Or I could be wrong.

If you wanted a deluxe sized movie duo, the deluxe Arcee and FAB Prime could fill the bill. That Prime has the window chest the way you want and the Arcee is definitely a female character.

Ofcourse if you are hell-bent on using Leader class movie Optimus Prime then you might want to consider Masterpiece Starscream for the bride. A few tweaks to the chest could be all he needs for the sex change and I think I heard that the robot mode size was compatible.

7. Blaster_Prime

hmmm that might work...but to be honest, I would rather not take someone's Masterpiece Starscream when they're in such high demand(besides, I can't even find one for myself right now T.T) I had thought about deluxe Arcee, but the FAB prime isn't what I would call a quality mold.

You may be right about Rescue Ratchet lol Thanks for the advice.

Right now I'm considering more and more to just make a custom Tuxedo prime with some gold scrolling that would include their names and wedding date. Considering this is my first bash/custom it might be a good idea to just concentrate on the one. What you guys think?

8. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Downgrade to Voyager Prime and Deluxe Arcee. Voyager Prime still has the split chest, yes?

-hx

9. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

The first thing I thought of for the groom is Ironhide! Hes already lots of black, you could just fill in parts to make a tux! As for a female, I'd definitely go with arcee just because she has a great female look going for her already

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    How's about Cybertron override and hot-Shot they'de be good.

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I suggest using Robot Replica Prime and perhaps remolding one of the robo-replica Jazz or BBs? Little smaller.

If animated toys are out before then, why not Prime and Blackarachnia?

12. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Silver bolt and Black Arachnia. They are fairly easy to find.