Heavy/Scratch: Webdiver with Headmaster Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, Oct 2, 2007.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I always wanted a Diatalion figure and finally found one, on eBay, this summer. I'm sorry if it bothers anyone that I modified him but he is now mine, to do so.

This takes place, after the Headmaster series, when Cybertron is in its "second golden age". The Autobots are, currently, not fighting with the Decepticons since Scorponok, with Galvatron and gang, are lost out in space.
    A planet, of only water, (with a submerged "Autobot" symbol) is discovered and the Autobots want to send a team to investigate and explore. Volunteers, are asked for, and Omega Supreme is one of them.
    It is decided that they would use the, Headmaster, technology to upgrade Omega Supreme and give the Autobots a living/working area and also, some defense, in case the Decepticons return.

This first picture is for scale. If Hot Rod and Arcee were to fit inside that control area, they would have to be a lot smaller, so this thing is way bigger than Fortress Maximus.
    [​IMG]

It has the ability to travel through space and to function, underwater. Omega Supreme can connect to it, as the head, and control it in, both, modes but, usually, it is controlled by the Autobots, inside, for the exploration of the planet.
    [​IMG]
    Omega connects to the ship in his normal "head mode" spot or he can travel around seperately. I didn't give him an alt mode. He can connect to the body and monitor everything that is going on inside and can scan, for any and all activity, above and below the water surface.
    [​IMG]

The, Omega Supreme, head is still a functioning robot (still as large/larger as he origonally was) but does not have his "Rocket Ship" mode, any longer. I added elbows and knees. I also modified the, small, head.
    [​IMG]

I added the "Neptune" trident for a, handheld, weapon that was reminiscent of Omega's "claw" hand, in combined mode (and because this was a nautical vessel).
    [​IMG]

The Diatalion vehicle still has funtioning electronics but I don't use them since the infared signal from the head, figure, no longer funtions (it only opened up the chest). The battery compartment has a hole cut through it, for Trident storage, but it is still intact. I also cut a hole, in the chest, so a missile could be inserted, and launched, without opening the chest. The, chest, launcher is, still, removeable but cannot be held, by the hands, since the handle is connnected to the Trident.
    [​IMG]
    I was going to remove the "Fins" since it didn't work as well with the Alt mode but I like them in Bot mode, since it reminds me of Omega's "tank tracks" as a backpack. I have decide it will be a Holo Imitter and can disquise the ship as, underwater, features or a cloaking device. I did remove the, second, control chamber that was attached to the fin area. I didn't feel it was neccessary.

I modified the electronics inside Omega from an infared signal to LED eyes for both heads. The origonal , large head, had an LED in the forehead. I changed it to two small LEDs. Sorry for the picture quaity. Best I could do.
    [​IMG]

The infared signal used to be where the, large heads, mouth is. It is now the push button for the smaller head. I also reversed the small head so it had the opposite side as the chest. The only problem, with doing that, is that the shoulders create a tunnel effect. This pic show how the head would have normally been. Compare it to the one, further, up above.
    [​IMG]

This is the lit up eyes. The head can rotate but it doesn't have any stops, to keep the wires from twisting.
    [​IMG]

This is the only thing that went wrong with this mod. I used a Cybertron Clocker face (for the light pipeing eyes) and when I glued the helmet on, the Superglue fumes left some marks, inside.
    [​IMG]

Only Gradion and Diatalion, from the Webdiver toys, have robot modes but they were made by Takara. I'm surprised that Hasbro didn't do something simular with them.

I don't have an official name yet. Maybe Fortress, Omega Supreme or Supreme, Omega Supreme.

Let me know what you think.

2. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I have no idea what the toy was originally, but that is AWESOME!! I think the head/headmaster is a really good update for Omega. Very nice.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    That is some nice work you did there. Looks great, and is a cool update for Omega Supreme.

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

sweet!

5. manyoufactsure

6. manyoufactsure

What happened to this board? 233 people have looked at this thread and 3 have replied. Thanks to those that did but since the "Movie" it seems like no one has any comments. Same thing happened when I posted pics of Alt Rumble, with arms.

Is this a great mod and nothing can be said to improve it?

Is it so bad that it is a waste of time?

Am I on some "do not reply" list?

Have I offended everyone on this board and no one likes me or my mods?

I wish I knew. Problem is, those that already have looked, won't see this part. So they won't reply to this either. Does anyone have an idea of what has changed?
    Thanks for any insight on this.

7. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

You're probably right about heavier traffic because of the movie, but maybe not that many more people are registered. Probably just more lurkers than before, which I don't really have a problem with.

As for the custom, I like the idea, but (and this is not fault of your own) I'm not a fan of that "style" of toy. What you did was still cool though.

8. manyoufactsure

thanks for your comment, Boggs6ft7. I'm not blaming the movie but since then something has changed.
    Maybe the regular posters are busy or into other things now but it seems like no one takes the time to post a reply.

9. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I give you top marks for creativity on this one. I've seen some of your work before, so I expected to be impressed when I clicked on this thread, and you did not let me down. I am personally not familiar with this toyline or figure, but it is an incredibly good fit for Omega. There is something about the style of the toy that doesn't quite fit the TF aesthetic, IMO, but it still looks awesome. Perhaps some paint apps are needed on the main body to make it like more like Omega and/or differentiate it from the original, but I really like it nontheless. Two thumbs up dude.

10. manyoufactsure

Thank you, to yet another post-er, Chaosbringer_00.

I'm not just whining for praise so if someone has a negative, that's fine too. I know from being here, at TFW, a while that their used to be more post-ers.

On the new body, I'm calling it a Futuristic/Cybertronian design. Built for the sole purpose of exploring an underwater planet. No earth designs involved. When I started it I didn't know I was going to make the head a homage to Omega but the wide, egyptian, head (kinda like Mirage) worked out that way. I just wanted to make a new Headmaster. The claw hand is from a BM Jetstorm.

Paint, is about the only thing I could change to the main body but I try not to unless I have to. (rubbing parts with Transformers)

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just saw this now, lol. Looks pretty cool. Not something I could see myself owning, but, to each their own. I know how it is to post a thread in here and get maybe a couple replys out of a couple hundred looks. I think out of the two of us, I'm probably on more ignore lists :D .

12. manyoufactsure

Glad to see that I'm not on your ignore list. We can't see who the people are that lurk just the amounts. You seem to be an Omega fan with that Avatar and Sig so glad you like it.

Thanks

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah. I haven't seen anything to do with Omega Supreme that I haven't liked :thumb .

14. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Hey Raven, you know you're not on my ignore list. Anyways manyoufactsure I like this custom and it kicks ass. 'nuff said.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah, Raven...I actually really like alot of the ideas you post.

I can see why some people might not like you posting them all the time, but it doesn't bother me the least.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks guys :D . Back on-topic, how big is that thing? (the comparison with the statue thing doesn't really help, lol, as I've never seen one of those in person).

17. manyoufactsure

About the size of Armada Unicron. But in my little world of TFs. The head would be the size, or larger, of the origonal Omega Supreme. (Orig. Omega would also be large enough for the G1 gang to fit inside) That would make the small TFs about the size of a pin head.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the comments

18. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

I like the size because in the g1 cartoons he is towering big. The head master idea thats genious.

19. manyoufactsure

The picture I took of Unicron and Fortress, Omega Supreme got me to thinking about the scale of Unicron. As a planet, was he smaller than cybertron or did he just "transform" into a robot that was smaller than Cybertron (since he stood on the surface of Cybertron).
    This would still make F, Omega smaller if the scale was true (what TF is?) but still pretty big. And if you followed the story line, I dreamed up, then the Autobots would have had unlimited power, to build a gigantic body/ship with the reformatted Omega, as big as he origonally was, just now a Headmaster.

Thanks again.

20. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

thats a cool os