Webdiver is transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mmm98, Mar 5, 2010.

1. mmm98

mmm98 Member

My friend shared some pics of Webdiver. That are called Pegasion,Ligaon,Daitalion. It is quite interesting me! How is its tall? I find it can be played with TV. Amazing! But it is transformers series?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

no, it's a sideline that Takara did after Car Robots and before Armada/ Micron Legend (we had Robots in Disguise that year and there was some bizarre speculation that Web Diver was Transtech in some boards) that was what Takara was marketing for a bit before they started TF's again

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    It transforms, but it's not a Transformer.

4. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dude the only Webdiver figures id ever seen were Gradion and Galleon, those 2 are f***ing epic! and this thing looks extremely awesome!

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    LOL, I've got a complete Web Diver collection. Diagunder too. I really need to take pics of my collections.

Anyway, no, neither line are Transformers. They were made by Takara, but they have nothing to do with the Transformers franchise; in fact both series had their own anime and manga series.

To further clarify, no the figures in your picture don't interact with the TV, in true technical terms, none of them do. Webdivers Gladion figure is the game station (and controller) that plugs into the TV, all interaction is through him, he has 4 different games depending on what mode he's in and what other figures and accessories you have. The train game is done with Gladion only, any other figure from the line can be scanned in to get tech specs and a slider puzzle game, using the sword you can play a dueling game, and then with select figures or just Gladion, you can play a ranged weapon fighting game. The fighting game is the real core of the gameplay and by far the most involved.

I really need to finish up those articles for Toyfare magazine about the lines...

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I've got pretty much, everything in the webdiver line even the pvc etc...
    Except that darn airship.
    Grrrrrrr.
    Oh well maybe one day.
    Galleon is terrific if you ever get the chance to own him.
    I wonder if tfwiki cover Webdiver/Digander?

7. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

I've seen Baltmatrix review a couple of these, and I must say........Those are the ugliest toys I've seen in a long time..........

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Nah..

They are great.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Actually, I think it's a submarine. I do prefer to think of it as an airship though.

Somewhat laughably that was my last piece as well; I got it nearly 5 years after I had gotten everyone else. Off eBay for $25 no less and was the only bidder. I saw another pop up on eBay (Saved searches rule!) last year and it went for something like $144!

I started with Gallion because of his awesomeness (Pirate ship/Dragon!) and then got Gladion to go with him. Then Doragon and Wyverion during the run. Then a few years later I got everyone and everything else save Daitarion for about $10 each at an online clearance sale.

Daigunder was even harder to collect and it was only late last summer I finally got the last two that I was missing to complete it, as I didn't even start until the line had finished. Those things are hens teeth rare.

10. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Saddly as much as WebDiver ISN'T Transformers, they're close enough that the ones I have are MY Transtech, I mean the "technical" defenition for Transtech was Beast inspired designs for both bots and Vehicle modes (ex: Prime truck mode had an Ape like face and his bot had Ape proportions) And Webdiver had that in spades.
    With the Figures I have on hand here's my "cast",
    Cheetor/HotRod- Jaguon (Cat warrior/Red Car)
    SkyByte/SeaSpray- Sharkon (Shark warrior/Hovercraft)
    Silverbolt (both G1&BW)- Griffon (Bird warrior/Jet) *Thinking of repainting the jet mode ala G1
    Cannonball -Gallion (Dragon/Pirate ship)
    MachKick?- Pegasion (Pegasus Warrior/Six Wheeler(moon buggy?) * haven't Decided a name for him yet?
    ????- Goremon (Combiner-Dog warriors/ mining vehicles) * newest no idea what to do with 'em

And what I most want but yet to have..
    Prime(al)+Megatron- Dragwon (Dragon/Semi truck) *a merging of Primals & Megs sparks to get an Alpha Trio like character, more 3rd party moments of wisdom & insanity heheh)