Weapons used by Transformers = Necassary for Transformation?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Just a thought I had whilst watching Dark of the Moon today. When Sentinel is retreating near the end of the movie he crawls away but not before grabbing his sword and shield. In addition, Ironhide's guns are MASSIVE. All of them. Yet he always has the same (MASSIVE, yes) vehicle mode. What I'm trying to say is these weapons may be part of the vehicle modes. In Sentinel's case he may have just been grabbing his weapons for the heck of it.

This is my theory or rather question. Do some Transformers require their weapons for transformation? Some have very large weapons that do not show any difference in their vehicle mode so is some of the mass in a vehicle the weapons?

EDIT: Inspired by a below thread (at time of post)

2. MadCatTonton

MadCatTonton MCTT The Magnificent

Fair point. I've always wondered where Optimus kept his gun in his back? I'm guessing its transformed by his parts. Don't know really.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I always had the feeling Optimus' weapons came from that massive pistons he has on his back [seeing as he now pulls the Ion Cannon from his back].

I'd say some of the weapons are [like Sentinel's and probably Megatron's], but some aren't [Brain's shotgun, Ratchet's machine gun, e.t.c].

4. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    What? Brains has a shotgun!? Wait, does Brains even have an alt mode!?

5. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Really I think Sentinel just grabs his sword and shield because he doesn't want to just leave his weapons there incase he needs them, like say when Optimus catches up 30 seconds later. We see in the base scene that he sticks his sword in a little compartment in his back.

Optimus does the same thing, he pulls his two guns out of a compartment in his back (his two little wing pieces fold back) in ROTF, and his big gun and axe come from the same place in DOTM.

Ironhide and Megatron's new DOTM weapons shouldn't be part of them, since they didn't have them in previous films. Ironhide's guns were built by Wheeljack, in between ROTF and DOTM, but his truck mode is unchanged.

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, he's a laptop. You see him in alt. mode a few times and he even transforms out of alt mode right on screen.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I imagine if the parts in question form an integral part of the vehicle mode, say, if ironhide's guns formed parts of his transmission, that yes, they would be essential to transformation, if not for transformation into a functioning alt mode. In the case of external weapons or parts that are more superfluous in alt-mode, they probably aren't.

8. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Hmm, thanks, if you'll excuse me, I'll be watching DOTM again on my comfy couch, obviously I need another round...

9. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, Brains throws down his gun when the NEST HQ guards detain him outside the facility and Wheelie tells one of them, "Enjoy your next job at 7-11, dickhead."

:)