Heavy/Scratch: Weapons of the Secession: A Shapeways gallery

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fakebusker83, Apr 13, 2012.

1. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Hi guys,

I just want to set up this thread to showcase the pictures of the Secession weapon models I got from Shapeways. There are so many of them that I want to put (dump) them in one place and not mess up my other thread. In here you can also see how the models interact with existing figures. Feel free to request a shot with a specific figure. If I have it, I'll shoot it.

Sporadically I'll also be putting in comments and observations, to explain certain design decisions I made and stuff. It might be long and rambling, but you can choose not to read and just look at pretty pictures.

And here we go...

Neutronic Annihilator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

One of the 2 'preview' models released, the Annihilator suffered from a short handle
    (I'm sure many guys suffered that from time to time). The latest version uses the same
    detachable handle as the pulsar proliferator, so it is much more adaptable now.

Pulsar Proliferator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Proliferator was designed to be held underslung, but I can understand why some
    guys might not be used to it. Therefore I made it to have 3 different ways of mounting
    the handle. It looks pretty good mounted on forearm pegs, as you can see in the third picture.

Shrapnel Caster

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

One of my favourites in the lot, the Caster kept almost all the detail put into it and I'm very pleased.
    And with the rotating swivel at the back and its unconventional shape, it looks pretty good in any
    position. Highly recommended! :3

Positronic Piecemaker

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Piecemaker has one of the weirdest forms I had to work with. The main challenge was to make it
    holdable by may figures while maintaining that characteristic ammo drum thingamajig. In the end I made
    the handle segment attach to the drum itself. Note that the handle shown in the pictures is obsolete;
    the newest version is simpler and flows better with the rest of blaster.

Oh, and because of the huge, hollow drum, there will be a large clump of loose powder stuck in it.
    Use a wire, toothpick or taps on the table to get them all out.

Gyrocentrix Asunderizer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is not a criticism of the model, but rather of the WFC Bumblebee/Cliffjumper mold. What is with
    their hands? They are at a weird angle with splayed out fingers, and it is nearly impossible to do a
    sheathed weapon for them because of that. The 'sheath' will have to be extra large to accommodate their
    wonky fingers, and even then the weapon doesn't even point straight...

At least Soundwave holds it right.

For a weapon to be used by scouts, the Asunderizer sure is one chunky instrument. It has to be that large
    due to the restrictions mentioned above, as it IS the signature Bumblebee weapon.

One note: the rotating pegs used on all the weapons are the same, so if you dislike any specific part of
    the weapon, feel free to do a switcheroo. And yes, the barrel can rotate!

Hyperfire Fragmentator

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Fragmentator is more complicated than what it seems. I think it's the only one that actively uses
    a ball-joint for its handle mechanism; the joint allows the handle to point up and down for its two holding modes.

It looks pretty good held 'fist-in' though. Very game accurate. Some trimming might be necessary.

Zerodivisate Beamer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

If I sell enough of these, I can buy a car :3

This is MY favourite in the entire batch. The model worked out so well, it is the only one that did not
    require any editions at all! I love everything about it; the details, the size, the reputation and how it fits
    my WFC figures. I can safely say this one is going to be HOT.

Ionomatrix Judicator

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Judicator was as complicated to do as the Fragmentator, since I had to incorporate a reliable joint
    for the handle to allow the gun to conform to Optimus' forearm, and be able to fold down to accomodate
    other characters. Funnily enough, all of the other WFC figures are unable to hold the Judicator like
    Optimus did, because of their massive forearms. Older classics figures however have no such problem.
    Reference the Starscream shot above.

Atomic Obliterator

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Atomic Obliterator took three revisions to do, because of its size, assembly issues, and I designed it
    to be able to hold a circuit with a working switch. As you can see from the photos, it is shorter than the
    original Megatron's fusion cannon, but it is wider and more aggressive looking. In a few days I'll try
    installing the LED circuit and we'd see how that goes.

Also, this is one of the first weapons in the series to be tested in Alumide and I must confess the details
    turned up really well. The grey colour helped a lot in photography shots too.

HEAT Artillerator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Admittedly, I never cared much for the mortar launcher. It was fabulous in the game but it looked weird
    onscreen and on my CAD model. Who knew that it would end up being one of my favourites in this series?
    With its rotating joint and clip on mini mortar, you can arrange it in 50 different ways and they all
    look awesome. The mini-mortar itself looks great attached to other weapons. Makes me want to release
    just a pack of 3 of those mortars...

Quadricore Explodator

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The challenge for the rocket launcher was to make it as close to the game as possible, which is to create
    the impression that the entire bot's forearm is the rocket launcher. Rather than make the whole thing an
    enormous sheath, I took the convenient way out and have them split in 2 instead; the front will be a
    'fist launcher', the rear can conveniently resemble another multi barreled weapon. Is this the best solution?
    No. What then is the best solution? I don't know. LOL!

Quad Implodator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of you might be suggesting the previous rocket launcher might be too large, and you might not want
    to pay that high a price for a size you do not need. I fully agree with that. That is why I did a smaller,
    simpler alternative design, that is more suitable for smaller figures or for mounting on vehicles. Besides,
    being smaller and cheaper you can get a bunch of them and easily weaponize an army, how cool is that?

Ameliorator Foci

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did not intend to include the Foci, but in the end I did for the sake of completion. I mean, who would
    order a healing gun that looks like it will sooner disembowel you? The front claw section of the Foci rotates 360ยบ,
    and I'm glad to report the print quality for this model is very sharp, even on WSF.

Cosmic Defenestrator

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since I don't think I'm designing the turret guns, this will be the grand-daddy of the series. As it is designed
    to be as scale accurate as possible, everything about it is huge. It is certainly heavier than I expected it to
    be, even though I took care to make everything as hollow as possible. This model also showcases clearly the
    wonders of 3D printing, as it cannot be easily manufactured in a factory. There are too many layered details;
    just look at the ammo belts and the way the barrels flow with each other.

The secondary handle worked out pretty well too, even though it is not really game accurate. It still looks
    natural, and that is what counts.

You can find more information here at:
    Fakebusker's Weapons of the Secession

Attached Files:

2. Armentitron

Armentitron Well-Known Member

Awesome. Shall have. Does the BumbleCannon rotate?

3. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yerp! :thumb 

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    this just brought a tear to my eyes its so beatiful

but my wallet weaps, outsanding work as usual

5. megapork

megapork Cheese

Awesome cannot wait to see megatrons atomic annihalator thingabob with optimus's ionic dissasembly cannon.( Forgot your renames, sorry)

6. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    damn you fakebusker, stop making so many awesome things. i'm gonna be broke soon. :thumbs2: 

7. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beautiful job.

8. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    God, these are beautiful. Tell me again why Hasbro won't do accessory sets(specifically armory) for their toys again?

9. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    beauteous work! now, if you remove their forearms will they be able to hold the weapons like that? i remember a few photoshopped pics in one of your other threads that show that on OP. either way, excellent job

10. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

so ready to pull the trigger on these.. just waiting to see what the bulk order is going to look like.

11. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

I just ordered a pulsar along with a few other goodies. first time to try out wsf+p. if I like that material, god help my wallet. If i don't like it then i may have to do detail or fud. then god help my wallet even more.

12. Forgotten_Prime

Forgotten_Prime Till All Are One

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm going to wait until I see if you are going to release sets of these.

But I WILL own these.

Actually I already own the riffle and the shotgun V1. Those do rock.

14. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Im getting a couple of these, I need some guns for my Gen Kup

15. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

pure awesomeness as always

16. Biofan813

Biofan813 JoshTheTokugGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I fucking love you.

17. nemesis_primusX

nemesis_primusX the autobot quick-killer

Never fails to AWE me!!!

18. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's with all the sad wallets lately? Save them before they become extinct!

It's all about business. And it's tough to tell major clients (like Walmart, etc) to carry small sets of just weapons. It doesn't earn them the profit.

At least now we have a population of fans with limited production capability...

No problem! They will come in a few weeks!

Oh no...that wasn't me. And I wasn't planning on doing weapons that entail arm removal anyway :) 

I feel that WSF is enough to showcase the detail on these weapons. With a good paint job, anything can look good. Even FUD seem like overkill LOL

Thanks guys! Thanks for all the support!

Er. Thanks? LOL

You know I'm gonna release sets of these in the end. :) 
    We just have to see which are the most popular combinations.

Which reminds me, guys, you have Wednesday tomorrow to recommend your ideal sets! Ordering several items in sets is generally cheaper on Shapeways than ordering them individually, so tell me which accessories you want to package together, and a short little blurb on your reasoning and why is it awesome.

I will look through all of them and judge them based on awesomenality and practicality, and the top 3 - 4 suggestions will be used!

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Whoaaaaa...... These are EPIC. By the way, you DO know the real names, right?

20. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You should make some copies of the included guns of the figures. I keep losing my WFC Prime's cannon.