Weaponizer Bumblebee Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jun 28, 2012.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
  2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  3. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Thank you for doing a video review for this figure. :) 

I would have guessed that Bumblebee was going to be worse then Prime, but he ended up being better in my opinion. I look forward to your leg fixes, and if I end up buying this figure, I'll probably use your storing gun trick since I agree on how lame it looks on his arm. lol Plus the gatling guns are much cooler. :D 

4. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    ^ I thought it would require more effort on the other joints, but then it all starting working decently after I tightened the forward/back movement of the hips.

5. Reaper Cloud

News Credits:
    Just watched your improvement video, and it really did make it look so much better. :D  I'll have to get some of that floor stuff, since my FE Bumblebee has a weak shoulder and door spot that should get tighter. :) 

I also watched your Airachnid video, but I'm not sure I have the guts to try all of that stuff, lol.

I'll have to keep on eye on your channel for future Transformers reviews/improvements. Nice work. :D 

6. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    ^With FE Bee's shoulder joint make sure now Future gets into his wheels.

7. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  8. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

I have to say, these weaponizers really aren't doing it for me. It seems that too many sacrifices were made to add in the gimmicks. Maybe the future ones will be better.

9. Reaper Cloud

News Credits:
    Nice review. :) 

I was thinking about the Optimus Prime review while this played and had a funny thought. I wonder what the figure would look like if someone painted Prime as an actual Boy Scout? lol Sure, the vehicle mode would be bizarre, but the figure would be perfect. :D 

I just want some Decepticons in this line. I'm guessing that Knockout would be easy to do, or maybe even a Vehicon. Soundwave, Megatron, and Starscream seem too complex to attempt the gimmick with.

Do you have any other Transformers lying around to review, or will there be a break until you get some more (once they are released)?

10. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    OP, I noticed you've started putting a legal(?) disclaimer in your video descriptions. Is there a particular reason why, like DMCA takedown requests on your videos, or are you just trying to be safe?

11. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    It's basically to be safe. When Youtube switched to their new look and changed the rev sharing options/interface...before you would put the information there that they would have. Now they don't have that section.

12. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    Ah. That makes sense. I always hated filling out the monetization form and was pleased when the new interface replaced it with the "got it" button, but now that you mention it putting ownership information in the description could help defeat any possible false claims against my videos.

About Bumblebee, my preferred method of solving the floppy back is to fold the hood piece on top of the windshield instead of threading it through that lower hinge. This allows the backpack to sit closer to the body. This also allows you to put 'Bee's silly weapon on the underside of the vehicle mode storage hole, which will keep the upper hinges from flopping.

13. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Well, this is a step forward from Prime, but still not great.

Hm. Maybe we'll get Weaponizer Breakdown...

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  15. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome review as usual Peaugh, however I'm still upset that this seems to be what the Ultra class range has become. Cheap looking and the fixation on only the most popular characters instead of characters whom actually benefit from the larger size class.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

Nice review. That is one awful looking toy.

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    It's not awful, but for that size I just feel like it should be *better* than it is.

18. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

well i think only 6 min of a review for a "leader" class toy says a lot about how many things this figure offers....or should i say how NOT SO many...:)  cool review as usual

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    So his chest pieces (uh, the ones that normally flip down on the deluxes, what would be his bumper in car mode) don't flip down at all in robot mode? It's weird, it even looks like they would.

Overall I think he has a nice silhouette, it really doesn't look that bad. It's not for me though, I don't really need large BBs. It's sad that he's a bit plain too, a repaint along the lines of shadow strike BB would look great.

20. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought the chest would deform a little for robot mode. I thought I saw some older pics that had it... but I don't know.
    Looks pretty much like this is the most screen accurate Prime BB there is. I might just get him. I think it looks better than that crappy Optimus with the hollow legs and the- anyway, nice review, Peaugh.