Weaponization of Alternators

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Jun 7, 2006.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'm working on some custom Alternators using various molds/models, and for what I have planned I need some guns. More then I have, and I have alot. Enough for a elite squad or a small, heavily armed, army.

I already have some weapons from some Microman figures and other sources, but I'd like something that doesn't require a lot of modifying to work with. I've heard 1/100 Gundam weapons work well, the difficult part there is finding economical (under $10 each or LESS) models with sufficient armament.

Thank you for any help.

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used the chain part from Sigma 6 Kamakura and the mace ball to make a weapon for one of my Alts. Fits fairly well if he grips the chain.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    My Razerwire uses Stormshadow's S6 swords...
    [​IMG]
    I also just got S6 Firefly and I think his gun will fit perfectly with ALTs... Haven't tried it yet though...

4. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

I've armed all my Alts with the lightsabers from SWTF's and megatron/galvatron rockets as batons. Makes a great fight scene.

5. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've made my own more G1 accurate rifles for my Alts:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Much cheaper than buying toys with proper sized weapons, and (IMO) a lot more fun. A little brass piping and epoxy putty can go a long way.

6. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I've done similar to that with the beam grave and beam sabre weapons from 1/144 and 1/100 Gundam models. In certain Alternators hands, the 1/100 Gundam Epyon beam blade is wicked looking.

Some of my Microman weapons are pretty cool, and a few of them are dead ringers for various Transformers weapons. I try to find and use parts from cheap toys as much as I can. I found at Walgreens some small toys with weapons that work perfectly with the Alternators.

I need to take some photos of them, but one of the "rifles" I have for Hound works very, very, well with him. It fits behind his rear seat perfectly, and looks like a toolbox with a handle sticking up a bit.

I did get some Sigma 6 toys, and need to retool some of the handles to work a bit. I have Snake Eyes, Duke, Heavy Duty and their weapons. I want to use Heavy Duty's gun in a custom because, well, it looks downright powerful. I may rig it with a tripod on a 1/24 trailer I have behind Hound.

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

At Wal-mart I've seen various weapons sets for soldiers. They may be too big for Alts., but then again, they might be just right. I forget what line they are.....

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I use the long-barrelled rifle from the 1/100 Master Grade RX-79 Gundam to give Swindle his big gun. The clip that can attach the Gundam's shield to the rifle also works quite well to attach the gun to the top of Swindle's vehicle mode. It looks really good.

9. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Sweet. Any photos of that setup? Some of my Microman rocket packs snap onto the Alt Jeeps rollbars. They could be made to look like off-road lights. I should take some photos of them.

10. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I don't normally equip my Alts with new stuff, but I'll throw in a vote for Gundam weaponry. Though like you said, My03Tundra, 1/100 scale Gundams don't come cheap. The GP-02 and Nu Gundams (which the weapons below belong to) were $50 each.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Heh

[​IMG]

Say hello to my little friend!

I snagged some 1/100 Gundam Wing figures when they were on clearance.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I picked of some Alternator/Binal Tech weapon sets from eBay, but this is still a wonderful thread for ideas. MUH HA HA HA!

13. jmc2915

jmc2915 Human Alliance

anyone know of any weapons that will fit on HOUND in vehicle mode? maybe some thing that attaches to the role cage?

14. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

kotobukiya's armored core weapons are perfect fit for alternators

15. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up some Binal Tech Arming sets too like 8 years ago. They were the shoulder cannons for the guys who have pegs on their shoulders. Great sets. Love a few more. Early 3rd Party sets.

16. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

As stated above, Kotobukiya's weapons work quite well. They can be purchased for a few dollars each, without shipping, depending on where you order.

Coolhand's comic "Out of the Dead Lands" provides many examples of their use, as does Polenicus' "Warring at Play".