Weapon Handedness

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SurlyJ, Sep 25, 2012.

1. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's a strange/silly thing I recently realized I was doing.

I'm left handed, and as a result, I make the figures I like the most left handed and the figures I like less right handed. Sometimes I choose a hand, then after looking at the figure for a few hours/days, I suddenly decides it looks all wrong and have to change it.

It's a small thing to be sure, but Handedness determines the pose too, and if you're anal about it like I am, it also determines which way they are best angled on display. I've rearranged entire shelves before because I wanted a certain figure to be left or right handed. If you like symmetry, Handedness can make or a break a clean display.

How do you decide in which hand a figure holds its weapon? Do you go by the show/comic/movie, the picture on the box, arbitrary bias like myself or are you not conscientious of it all?

This might also be the lamest thread ever, and for that I apologize... I suppose my goal here is to measure the extent and singularity of my neuroses.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I usually pose them holding it in their right hand.

3. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

4. SlaveToLogic

SlaveToLogic Logic > Megatron

News Credits:
    I'm right handed, but I usually have a mix of both for variation, but I will admit most are right handed.

There are more right handed people anyway though.

Though the Vehicons are left handed because the weapons fits perfectly in his left hand.

5. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mix both. But mostly mine are right handed.

7. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The vehicon is one that made me realize what I was doing. I out in the left, then just to see tried the right, and when it wouldn't really fit properly I thought, "you know what, Vehicon is awesome so even if it did fit, this dude's gonna be a lefty". Then I looked at my display and noticed the pattern.

8. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

depends.

gi joes typically go right-handed with guns requiring two hands (like a rifle or shotgun) because of the hand sculpts. Some might carry a rifle in their right hand but be posed firing a sidearm with their left.

With transformers it depends. Megatron always has his right arm...armed. and Shockwave always has his left arm...armed. But the others it just depends on where they are placed on the shelf and what kind of weapon it is. For instance a TF with a rifle with their right shoulder to the wall will be supporting the gun with their left hand and firing with the right. But a TF with a pistol with their right shoulder to the wall will be shooting from their left with their left arm extended. I prefer my TFs to dual wield when possible.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Unless it's character specific, my TFs hold weapons right handed 'cuz I'm right handed. As for which side they reside in a display...I'm not quite that anal about left vs. right. :lol