Weapon Balance Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    We don't really have anywhere to just post our opinions on weapons in a formal list unless we randomly force it into a thread that's only on a similar topic.
    Anyway, post your list of opinions on all the weapons and their balance!
    And I assume you know mean Multiplayer because balance isn't a big issue in SP.

Path Blaster- Needs a buff.
    Scatter Blaster- Just right.
    Nucleon Charge Rifle- DESPERATELY needs a decent crosshairs.
    Subsonic Repeater- Also just right.
    Riot Cannon- Slightly overpowered, but decent.
    Thermo Rocket Cannon- Needs a tiny buff.
    A-4 Pulsar Cannon- Haven't used it much, but projectiles explode too fast.
    Chaos-Rift Combustor- Never used it yet, but I've been killed by it a lot.
    X18 Scrapmaker- Too powerful, needs a small nerf.
    Energon Harvester- I love it.
    EDK Techvolt- Pretty good now, needed that buff.
    Corrosive Slime Cannon- Seems okay, but it's a bit hard to use.
    Neutron Assault Rifle- Pretty good, but a little bit weak. Still balanced, though.
    Orbital Pistol- It's okay, but is also hard to use and is more of a support weapon.
    Gear Shredder- Slightly weak, but decent.
    Photon Burst Rifle- Probably the best weapon in the game. Not TOO powerful, just right, and not overly devastating. Not too easy to use like the Scrapmaker, and not too weak, like the Path Blaster.

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    :thumb This is a very good list maybe you could add abilities to your list?

Yea the gear shredder know is just right it was to weak before the update know I kill/get killed with it a lot more then I did before the update.

3. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

Pathblaster feels plenty strong when I use it. Not OP'd but still a very strong mid range weapon, and surprisingly POWERFUL at closer ranges when spammed. Only weapon than needs to be toned down is the gear shredder. It hits pretty hard and is CRAZY hard to miss with the bounce and homing.

Giving the destroyers rocket launcher a larger blast radious and minor damage nerf would be something to consider as well.

4. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    The Rocket Cannon already got a nerf!

5. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

I'm not saying a complete nerf, I'm plenty ok with it's current state, but what I AM saying, is that a small trade off of power and splash damage radious may be something just to think about.

6. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Yeah... :p 

7. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

Leave everything the way it is, that's my list haha.

8. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I pretty much agree with everything although I found the gear shredder to be quite strong. Usually it takes 2 - 3 hits to kill me (as an Infiltraitor) so I wouldn't say it's the weakest gun in the game (one time I got killed with one hit at full health :confused prob jst some kinda glitch ?)

I think the sentry guns are far too powerful, a little nerf and it should be fine.
    EMP grenades are just right
    And whirl wind and the destroyers barrier are fine

9. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Same here, pretty much.

10. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Photon Burst Rifle needs a nerf, keep the accuracy but scale down the damage. With it that powerful it makes the Path Blaster and Sniper pretty much useless.
    Either that or shred a couple of rounds off it's clip/mag to nerf it in some way.

11. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i beg to differ about the burst rifle. everyone uses the hell out of it and it only takes a couple shots. i should know as i've been killed almost instantly every time someone fires it at me

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    That's because it's being used right. At long range, it's hard to hit someone, in close range, if you dash enough, you're nearly untouchable.

13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I don't think the Scrapmaker is overly powerful at all. Its not very accurate and faster characters can get around it and punish them while Titans and Destroyers can just fire each other into oblivion, usually ending in victory to whoever shot first.
    Lately I've really been using the Energon Harvester more then anything when playing as a Titan.

My main problem is that Scientists seem a little too OP with their Sniper gun on some levels, while other levels they are significantly weaker because of where they can get to. Convoy, for example, seems very much in favour of Scientists over anyone else. There are some places where they can hide that Titans and Destroyers and sometimes even Infiltrators have no hope of stopping them before they're sniped.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. People need to learn how to play. I had a 19 6 3 game with the Infiltrator using the so called weak Path Blaster.

15. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Ill just comment on those three. This is coming from the perspective of a expert destroyer and scientist.

Riot Cannon: I dont think its overpowered. Its a decent weapon, but hitting things with it over a distance can be quite challenging and hitting stuff that is in the air with it is almost impossible. The power this weapon comes with is balanced by its limited use.

Thermo Rocket Cannon: Buffing this weapon would be insane. It is already strong enough as it is and im glad it that it got a nerf, because previously, it was a nearly unbeatable weapon. Now, its still a very great weapon, but more balanced. Shouldnt be changed.

X18 Scrapmaker: Nerfing this weapon would be one of the worst moves High Moon could do. Please not that im NOT playing Titan, this is coming from someone who is fighting them. The scrapmaker honestly isnt as overpowered as people think. Yes, it is very powerfull, but its also a game making weapon: The power of the Scrapmaker is often what brings together teams to take down Titans together, so it is a weapon that keeps the balance of everything else intact. Its also more of a weapon that serves as supressing fire, not as killing fire. Honestly, im not getting killed all that often from a Scrapmaker, but I sure have to hide from it. I think its geniusly designed.

Another big reason why the Scrapmaker shouldnt be nerved is because it is a very limited weapon: You can shoot with it. And thats it. You cannot be skilled with the Scrapmaker. Its just not possible. All you can do is aim with it and hope your target dies. No clever sniping like with scientist or scout and no clever guessing of where the enemy will be next as you do with the destroyer. It can shoot and it can do that good, but nothing more. Taking away the power of the scrapmaker would render it obsolete.

Honestly, the game is greatly balanced. Im impressed with it.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    God, no, please. Not the Thermo Rocket and the Scrapmaker. The Scrapmaker is NOWHERE NEAR as powerful as people make it out to be. The Thermo Rockets are just fine, and the only reason why I'm not killing anyone is my own lack of skill, rather than any disadvantage in the weapon itself. It pisses me off that the ONLY reason why people want these guns nerfed is that people are dying to them.

Really? Fuckin' really? With good rolling I've beat Scrapmakers in a stand up fight with the Photon Rifle. It's too easy to get accurate shots with that thing and you mow someone down faster with it when dodging than a Scrapmaker can reliably kill you. The **ONLY** thing I agree with on that list is that Pathblaster needs a buff. Everything else...people, learn to goddamn play the game already.

Learn to beat the guns you're losing against. Adjust your play style on the fly to meet such obstacles. Or just accept that for some weapon and ability builds, you cannot beat others. I run a Titan with Energon Harvester, Slime Cannon and Whirlwind, and scientists with the Rust Sentry and Photon Rifle just murder me. I accept that I cannot really deal with them, so if I see one I don't try. That's skill right there, learning to assess your enemy and deciding whether or not you can beat them. It's a skill that few people seem to possess.

Gun balance feels pretty fine as it is. I wish the Energon Harvester didn't harvest life, and I wish the Pathblaster either dealt more damage or was more accurate. Other than that though, weapons feels fine.

17. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Riot Cannon: I didn't say that one needs a nerf.

Thermo Rocket Cannon: Eh, I was just saying somewhere in between then and now. I don't mind it the way it is.

Scrapmaker: The thing is, teams don't come together to take them down. Only twice at best have I seen people on here saying "The whole team had to team up to take me down!" and I don't remember if either of them were Titans.
    I have seen large groups of teams all jumping on me when I was doing good, but I know from experience that it was just the team happened to be in a group and they all ganged up on me to be dicks.
    I very often get killed in a split second, look up and see "123xxxXXXxASS-KICKERxXXXxxx456 *Scrapmaker* Nomwave"

I do counter the weapons that kill me, and I do roll around the Scrapmaker. I was rolling around a Titan with a scrapmaker while wasting all of my ammo from my BURST RIFLE And he kills me even though I never saw his gun aimed right at me.

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Then why can I do it? I was doing it quite a bit last night too. I'm pretty good but I'm no uber player. What's your shot placement? Did you drop a sentry? What was your life at prior to engagement? Where did you engage? Did you dodge in a pattern that the opponent figured out? Any one of those factors could have doomed you before you even fired your first shot. Again I reiterate that sometimes, your BEST choice is to disengage and fight on YOUR terms.

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've killed tons of Titans with this weapon.

20. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Well, I can only speak from exprience, but in the games I play, the team often groups together to take on Titans and it works really well.