Weapon accuracy of the revealed BB and RC gets me worried.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by exomega255, Feb 7, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Ok I just watched Prime episodes in the last 2 days. And looking at the toys, I fear for Optimus and the rest. Why? The weapon load out.

If I remember correctly,

Arcee's arsenal in animation: a blade for each hand, and a small hand/swap wrist blaster on each hand.

Arcee's arsenal shown in toy: two larger blades, no guns.

Bumblebee's arsenal in animation: I believe it was a dual cannon blaster on EACH arm.

Bumblebee's arsenal shown in toy: one cannon blaster.

Starscream hasn't shown off all that much, so I think it is "okay", for now, but I fear for optimus. He is suppose to have 2 giant blaster + 2 movie prime sword, one on each arm. I hope the toy for prime doesn't skim out.... what do you guys think? Is this being nit picky?

I remember that I was quite disappointed at the Beast War Optimus, for example, where the twin blaster wrist is only on one arm.

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really wished the gimmick of Prime would be transforming arm weapons, but alas that might be too much to ask for from an engineering point of view.

Besides, we don't know if those guys are transformed right, nor do we know of any other gimmicks on the arms or otherwise. It's a bit early to start worrying. I remember those first shots of WFC Megatron with his split up arms and totally lacking his cannon of doom.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I found the guns in Prime to be boring anyway and welcome any variety that the toyline can give us.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    well, I wouldn't mind variety. Even if the toys' weapon arsenal is inaccurate to the animation, I am fine with... as long as the weapon "load out" is the same. Like, don't gimp out on an autobot's firepower!

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forgot to mention that I will be mad if Bulkhead doesn't have his megabuster of awesome. Besides Prime his weapons stand out the most.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    (and Ratchet so far have shown to have double blade, too. Seems to me that every autobot in Prime have melee and ranged weapon on each of its arms..

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think you're being a tad too picky. It would be nice but not required.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree about Arcee.

Bumblebee looks like he has ports for the blasters on each arm. If it bothers you that much, just get two Bumblebees, like I'm doing. :D 

Starscream, for now, is fine.

Keep in mind, there is always the possibility of third party companies making weapon packs or something.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I just might have to do that for Bee. I am still hoping somehow that Arcee have some blaster option. Buying 2 of the figures is only a fix for Bee though.

I am really hoping that Bulkhead will have his big-ass cannons as well as double wrecking balls..

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Who knows, maybe Bumblebee will come with two blasters and they left one off in the stock photo. Hardly unprecedented. And Arcee's blades are her blades from the show.

Though in my opion it's not any great loss. As said the guns in TF Prime are among the most boring ever. All the same colour, all the same noise, all the same "ammunition", just minor variations on standard shapes.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Maybe a tad. I think it's maybe a little too much to expect the actual figure to have every weapon and have them fold out just like in the show. At most you could maybe have one arm as a gun, and the other as a sword. and even then that's probably asking for too much.

I'd have loved to have had transforming arm weapons as the gimmick, as well. But the average peg on weapon accessories aren’t a deal breaker.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    On the other hand, I am so pissed we never got a TF Prime toy with his grapplers. He used thsoe things as much if not more than his axe.

13. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

You mean TF: Animated Prime? Yeah. I always thought that was kind of odd that they didn't make that into a toy gimmick. Especially on that big Ultimate TFA figure. seems like that's be a big enough toy to engineer it in.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If the deluxe Prime doesn't get the correct weaponry, I'm sure there will be another version of the toy that will.

Just as only one Animated Prime got a good-looking axe.

15. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Agreed. Too many weapons lead to losing them and fans complaining about no proper placement in vehicle mode or it looking silly.

16. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    on PRIME Arcee's lack of blasters, she may still have them just not be shown, I figure they could use the visible slots on her arms

17. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I see the the weapons on the Prime line as being a scaled down version of MechTech. They could make new weapon molds for each character for each repaint, or just strait-up package the same weapon. Personally I would hold off of buying multiples of BB until I saw what the inevitable repaint weapon looks like.

18. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Given the look of the arms/hands, making snap on versions shouldn't be too hard...I'm betting some third party is already looking at these and putting pencil to paper