"We will kill them all.."

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 29, 2011.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

who thought it was a bright idea to have Prime say this? I mean in the context of the story it might look ok, after he sees the devastation the Decepticons brought. but still...

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He was probably mad about his BEST FRIEND'S death and the betrayal of his HERO.

3. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I can understand one of the other Autobots saying this, but not Optimus. He's supposed to be civil, the most level and fair of the Autobots, and that seemed a wee bit out of character for him to say. I can understand him saying something along those lines, but less harsh, if that makes sense at all.. because as you said, he's seeing what the Decepticons have done to human-kind, so he should be angry as hell, but he shouldn't have expressed it to that degree.

Although it was pretty bad-ass that he said it, it definitely made me excited for what was coming next.

4. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

I thought it was great!

When he said that I was thinking "Awww yeah, NOW some shit is gonna go down!".

A little hardcore for 'ol Optimus Prime, I'll admit, but I liked it!

5. mikeflosi

mikeflosi Well-Known Member

didn't bother me... he was pissed... But i guess they could have said something different.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

This Prime rips faces off and shoots defenseless enemies, he isn't like other Optimus Prime characters and shouldn't be compared to them. He may look and sound familiar, but he's a whole different character.

7. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

I bet thats why he said it, not only his hero, but his mentor and father like person remember that Sentinel found Optimus and raised him as a young protoform (i guess thats what a baby cybertronian is called )

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I totally buy it from movie Optimus.

9. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I think this Optimus is alot more realistic. No matter what your status is or how high ranking you are, things that happen in life can make you snap. Sentinel was practically a father-figure to Optimus, I can't even imagine what Optimus felt at that moment.

10. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I think Prime's intent was that the Decepticons have taken things way too far and there's no freaking way the Decepticons are going to stop their tyranny until the Decepticons either win or die.

Think of it this way - he only killed a few Cons in the previous films out of them, individually, being too dangerous to be left alive. Now he sees that as long as one is able to fly the Decepticon flag (so to speak), the war and bloodshed will continue.

11. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I'm fairly sure if your best friend was murdered and the person you look up to most betrayed you, you'd be pretty pissed too. And in Optimus Prime's case, he goes on a murderous rampage for vengeance. And also to end the war once and for all.

12. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I kinda felt he was justified, after all the years of prime trying to give the 'cons a chance, he finally had enough, there are times when talk and giving chances are done.

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    well, y'know, at least he was true to his word.

14. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fucking loved that line, Optimus had finally had enough of the Decepticons.

His goddamn IDOL reveals he is working for Megatron, Killed his second in command, the government shunned them out, and TRUSTED decepticons, and killed thousands of people in chicago.

Optimus couldn't just go into chicago and disarm the decepticons, He was going to Kill them all. And he DID.

I hate to sound so hateful about the people who think it's out of character, but it makes sense, he hit his breaking point. He was pissed off the whole movie.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After how many humans the decepticons had killed in Chicago Prime had no choice.

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Spot on. Well said.

17. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Even if he didn't vocally say it, it's obvious that's what he's going to do. What would you rather him say? He's going to go after the Decepticons regardless and kill them. He was just being completely blunt about his intentions.

If I had

-The humans lie to me for years.

-My best friend murdered in cold blood.

-My mentor and older brother turn on me and join forces with our mutual sworn enemy. (Not to mention be blamed for bringing Sentinel and what he's doing by the humans)

-A entire city and the people within it being destroyed and feeling like it's your fault. Plus the entire WORLD is on the brink of being destroyed.

I'd be pissed too. Optimus has been through a lot. I don't blame his ass I would have said it too.

18. wchen34

wchen34 Well-Known Member

Better than G1 " Let them go, we won, HAHAHAHAA."

19. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

Like everyone else said. Optimus was pissed and wasn't goin to take their crap anymore.

20. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

My eyes lit up when he said that.

Optimus Prime for President!