We Want Leader Class Lugnut!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MGX, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully they'll make a Leader Lugnut to go with that Leader Bulkhead.

Imagine how fun the voice chip ought to be...

"Bow to the glory that is Megatron!"
    "Decepticons Forever!"
    "Were not worthy! We're not worthy!"

2. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    that will be cool but i doubt it

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not to be a downer here, but, there's at least one if not two threads already out there about this very topic. As for the possibility of a Leader Lugnut, I personally don't see it happening, and even if it did, I'm still going to stick with just the Voyager version of him.

4. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would love the "Were not worthy! We're not worthy!" lol

5. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Is this the new BOTCON SEEKERS topic for the 2008 year? Show-scale animated?

Is someone going to ask for a class-action lawsuit against HASBRO for releasing out-of-scale figures?

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I was just thinking this when I saw this thread. It's the new Botcon Seekers fiasco... and it's not even an exclusive... *sigh*

7. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think there will be a animated seekers topic to i know i will bitch if we don't get them all

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

I'm of the mindset that we'll get them all... but I don't think we'll get them all as repaints of Voyager Starscream. Some might get relegated to the Activators mold... but I'm hoping the female gets her own deluxe mold as she's got a different physic from the males.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    where do we sign up:lol 

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Don't forget "No-one moves Lugnut!"

A light-and-sound 'Punch of Kill Everything' must come standard with this model.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The toys are correct. The show is incorrect. In terms of scale, that is. And scale isn't determined by height, it's determined by weight.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    GAH YES.

I said it before, I'll say it again; if Ultra Magnus can get a Leader class toy, Lugnut is more than deserving of one.

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Eh, I'm happy with both my release version teal and dealer sample mint green Voyager Lugnuts. I'd be pleased as punch if they DID make a Leader-class Lugnut, but it's hardly a requirement. Why can't we all enjoy what we've given? (says the guy who's modded most of his figures..:lol )

14. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I actual think of

"Megatron is Wise, Megatron is Bold"
    "Bow Before the Great and Glory that is Megatron"
    "How may I serve you my Master"

And I have a Petition on the Toy Discussion.

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes because begging for leader class blackout worked so well

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I suppose the lack of a Leader sized Lugnut is such a big deal (to some people) because there's a Leader sized Bulkhead. If they would have kept both of them as Voyagers only, there might have been some disappointment with the small sizes, but there wouldn't have been as much expectation of Leader class versions. It's basic cause & effect. If you release the biggest Autobot in 2 size classes, people will naturally expect the same to be done with the biggest Decepticon who has had a huge amount of screen time, is basically one of the core main character Cons, and who also happens to be Bulkhead's bad guy equal to great degree. It's really no different if Classics decides to release a Leader sized Metroplex but then choose to make Trypticon a Deluxe.

So in that sense, I don't think this is remotely similar to people asking for much more unrealistic things like the BotCon Seekers to get mass release or more of the acceptably scaled Animated figures to eventually be upsized. It's cool if a lot of people are perfectly happy with their Voyager versions of these toys, but people who might want a Leader sized Lugnut shouldn't have to put up with getting berated like this every time the subject comes up.

17. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Lugnut as a character, but not enough to want a leader class version of him. Unlike Bulkhead, Megs and Ultra Magnus.

18. nkelsch

No... just self-entitled fans who want 'whatever they want' at the expense of Hasbro. They would 'naturally expect' as many leader figs as they want even if theyw ere a poor business decision and clogged the shelves with unsellable toys.

Same thing was said about SS and SW at retail and no TC.

Chalk it up to selfish adult collectors expecting HASBRO to design poor selling figures in a kids line to please them. The only way we should expect to see a Leader Lugnut is if the line lasts long enough that they need more leader molds and no other characters fill in. IE: Season 5 and wave 6 or something.

But if we get one, then the Leader Grimlock and Leader ratchet and Leader 'everything else' groups will feel entitled to leader class figures just like people feel entitled to henkei Dirge and thrust now.

And Bulkhead and Lugnut are not equals in the eyes of kids. The opinions of adult collectors does not determine or judge the popularity with kids. I am not sure that a Religious Zealot Lugnut would go over well.

19. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    well the reason that that didnt have a chance is cause the movie isnt on every saturday and saturated in our heads week after week. and come on more movie toys sheesh i liked them but they need to die already. animated while its 2nd season is almost done has promise of third and fourth and that gives hasbro a chance to look into what the fans might like. im with peaugh that the voyager is awsome and we should be glad the toys are as great as they are but a slightly larger lugzie wouldnt be that bad. and if you are dying for a larger one that bad hydrospan you a voyager like half way up and bam there you go. but i can wait and see they might cave and give us a L Lugnut.

20. nkelsch

Actually, that is fun to do. If anyone wants to make one for themselves, I would highly recommend it. You might make a leader lugnut and get a new found respect for figure manufacturing, especially low-run kits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.