We really did care...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Nov 13, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    So, SPLIT LIP is in his room, lookin' at his RID Pred 3-pack box and opens the flap only to find a message:

"We really do care"

He later finds that his favorite robot shark's once secure home for untold eons bore the same notice.

Does anyone remember these? For that matter, when did they stop? I don't have any of my old boxes besides those, my movie fig boxes sure don't. Which begs the question, does Hasbro not care anymore?

I was seriously surprised to see these (and a little ashamed in myself for just noticing it recently) but I never really took the time during the opening process to take note.

I hope this isn't a dumb question. I did a search but couldn't find anything. ("really" and "care" are said quite often, and "do" and "we" won't search)

:confused: 

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    IMO, RID was engineering at its finest. They cared enough to pretty much kill Takara financially, but give us some of the best TFs of all time.

Can't explain why they don't care now, other than the money aspect (costs more to make a deluxe, but they're still the same price they were 10 years ago)

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

*Drools*

R.I.D had the best toyline ever hands down... smart transformations, awesome-looking show-accurate robot modes, realistic looking alt. modes.

4. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    RID came out during TF's 15th anniversary. Takara made this line to celebrate every past TF generation:

G1: Combaticon molds, Fort Max redeco
    G2: Flipchangers, Spychangers and the awesome G2 Prime redeco
    BW: Pred 3-pack, Skybite
    BM: Unreleased Bruticus mold, Optimus Primal, Megatron MegaHead
    New molds: Bullet train team, car bros (with rubber tires!), Prime/Magnus combiner, Megatron 6-changer

Yes, RiD/Car Robots may very well be my favorite TF Series of all time. It's got a great sample of neraly every TF generation of the first 15 years of the franchise.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, RID was awesome. It's really hard to find fault with it.

Even the repainted Preds rocked. Sky-byte for example, had more detail in him from BW than any movie voyager, and it was all painted.

But more on-topic, did any BW boxes or Arm boxes have this message on them? I know Energon+ didn't.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I never noticed the message in my RID boxes (only magnus and prime).

7. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Sounds familiar but I can't recall where I saw these caring messages. I'll have to take a look at the flaps of some RID boxed stuff I got in the closet.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Was thinking it was referring the Predacons really caring about SkyByte
    Since they gave him a hard time

I bought a phil collins album, and it said he does'nt care.
    No mo, no mo

9. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Take a look at the crappy cheap plastic they used on Masterpiece Starscream, then take a look at the price tag & see exactly what they care about!

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    MP starscream's plastic is infinitely better than the plastic on MP3

11. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    For me the RiD Car Bros are still to this day the pinnacle of deluxe car engineering (yes, they even beat CCBB ZOMG HAX) - especially Prowl (The sideswipe repaint of which is like... my favorite's thing ever).

The movie figures are on par with most of RiD, but RiD wins for incorporating the best parts of each TF Line before (especially the MW repaints - very sexy. And the Hot Rod homage in Super Speed Breaker. And Wheeljack... I mean Super Wildrider)

I love it.

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Agreed, MP Starscream's plastic (especially the white plastic) seems to be of very high quality, much higher quality than the plastic on MP Megatron, who cost twice as much.

13. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah i wasnt really that crazy about RID i hated the show but i loved the figures.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    kewl, i didnt know that.

that said, while u reserve the right to claim RID as fave series, that hardly qualifies it as best considering it has as many repaints as new molds.

15. Hook

Facebook:
    I hear you, but like many other people on this site, Car Robots (and later RiD) brought me back full time into Transformers. It also marked the return of a cell cartoon and realistic alt modes.

All of this makes RiD an awesome series. I, for one, loved the goofy nature of the show, which wasn't uncommon in the Japanese BWII and Neo shows.

After RiD came Armada, which was a big letdown. Bright neon colors, no more rubber wheels and an overall 'Playskool' feel to the whole line.

But that's another can of worns I don't want to open.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Not really a "return", since the prior two shows in Japan were cel animated.

17. Hook

Facebook:
    Good point. Well, a return to a cell cartoon in the Americas at the very least. It sucks that Saban/Disney never released a R1 boxset though, and the UK boxset is impossible to find online at a decent price!

18. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

My Favorite Megatron came from RID, even if that was the only figure I had from that series, it's still amazing.

19. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Between rising oil and manufacturing costs, coupled with the uS dollar being wirth jack shit, expect prices to rise soon.

RID/CR was a decent toyline, but the show was ass. They'd built Gigatron up as a multiple-personality tyrant in CR(first ep anyway, this seemed to vanish quickly), but the dub decided he should just be an idiot. Nevermind Sky-Bite's narcicism or the outright stupidity of the other 3(in an attempt to mimic Team Rocket). Ruination and Black Convoy sweeping up a forest with giant brooms also drug the show down to a level of untold crap. It was clear the studio responsible for the show wasn't interested in doing a good job(not as if TF has ever been highly regarded in Japan. No piloted mecha = kids don't care). It was pretty much the worst we got fiction-wise.

20. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I have to say, I dont like the Car Bros robot modes, which have a heavy BWNeo look to them, but I love their realistic car modes. My fangasm dream is to see Hasbro make a line where the cars are as realistic as RiD, and the bots are as fun as Classics. It would seriously be the greatest line ever made.

As for the rest of RiD, the Bullet Trains and Fire Convoy are some of my favorite Autobot figures, and I loved a lot of the remakes we ended up with. A very impressive line, all in all.