We need more basics/scouts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Oct 20, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Like the title says- I think we need more basic/scout sized figures. In the last couple lines, the basics have frequently been some of my favorite figures in the line. Aside from being more affordable and taking up less space on my shelves (good for building up small armies of TFs), many of them have been surprisingly good figures for their size. It seems Hasbro is keeping the size class open with the Mini-con 3-packs; while I can understand holding off on the larger size classes at the moment, I hope this is an indication that they might be working on more figures for this class (the roleplay TFs discovered a while back, perhaps?)

2. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Collector Reborn!

I personally don't mind more basics/scout. I honestly wish Classics Bumble was scout class size so he would go well with my Armorhide whom I've named Pipes/Huffer.

3. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I like scouts/basics more than deluxe size.

4. Larkin Vain

Scouts and Basics have gotten alot better over the years. I personally wouldn't mind the following size structure:

Basics - Autobot cars, seekers, combiner limbs
    Deluxe - Combiner bodies, minibot two packs
    Mega (from the beast wars lines) - Dinobots, Jetfire, Shockwave
    Ultra - Prime with Trailer, Megatron with something.
    Leader - Omega Supreme, Combiner Giftsets
    Supreme - Fort Max, Metroplex, Trypticon

Just thoughts out of my head...

5. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    I love the basic size class, and personally I think there should have been basic sized TFs in the Classics line (not mini-con 3 packs). The classics line would be better if the only size classes were Basic (Bumblebee, other minibots), Deluxe (Seekersm Autobots cars), and Voyager (Megs, Prime, other big guys).

But yeah, we have a severe lack of basic sized TFs, now that ive gotten off topic.

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm not that big a fan of the basic class since the price jump to $7. While granted there are definately some gems in the batch of "modern basics (Energon to present, Strongarm, Divebomb, Arcee, Armorhide, Brakedown, and Ransack all come to mind), by and large, deluxes have proven themselves to be the better balance between size, features, and pricepoint.
    It has been since Beast Wars.

Personally, I was not surprised at the changeover to minicons for basics since minicons offer more percieved value at $7, than a single basic figure, especially compared to deluxes which while just a few dollars more, were larger, better featured, and generally better toys on average.

I don't think Bumblebee would be HALF as cool if he were constrained by the basic pricepoint. I would not be surprised if Hasbro just did away with the pricepoint for the next core line, or (more likely) just keep it around to offer sub-$10 offerings (which, I feel, the LoC line is better at)

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't imagine any good reason to make the seekers be mere basics. they're big assed jets!

8. Larkin Vain

True... I'm just wanting a lower price point in general since I'm a cheapskate.

When all is said and done, I like that the cars and jets are deluxes. I wish Grimlock was a Voyager though.

If they make more "minibot" deluxes I hope they stick with what they did with bumblebee by giving them somthing extra.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm all for more small figures, basics and deluxes. More shelf space is a good thing. Most of the recent ones have been pretty good too. Though I'd love it if they re-did Overhaul and his repaint to include elbows and stuff...