We Need Human Alliance Decepticons! (or call them Human Nemesis)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tycho, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Whooops.

I don't want anyone thinking I would suggest fighter jets, tanks, or even Ironhide's Top Kick pickup truck being made for Human Alliance at $30 retail.

$45-99 retail, and a 50%-150% size increase, then sure go ahead and make jets, tanks, etc. (At least making Ironhide for the Autobots in the first size / price increase.) I would buy all of it, gladly!

Yeah, Sideways could be done to fit in the $30 box. Why wouldn't he be?

Human Nemesis would be the catchphrase title for Decepticon offerings. The human figures that could be included could be humans they threaten, or capture, like Ron Witwicky. Also, Legends Ravage is pretty much on scale with these, as is Deluxe Scorpinok, for future pack-ins with Decepticons. Yeah, Alice (in her two modes: human pretender Isabel Lucas, Cybertronian bot with tongue) is also perfect for the size range. Though she didn't interact with Sideways in the movie, nothings to say they didn't interact before Sideways got cut in half in Shanghai.

If you only want to buy licensed sports cars at $30 - don't buy the larger offerings. That was simple.

Those of us who DO want the larger offerings, or Human Nemesis figures, etc., can (and it sounds like, will) vote with our dollars. If Hasbro sees a demand, they should quantify it to see if it's feasible to respond to it.

All of us as fans have the freedom to choose whether or not we support this. I'm glad to see so many (maybe a majority?) of the forum participants here want this to happen.

Because of the small action figure interaction, it's likely that only some form of motion picture bots will be made. But it's an excellent idea to include the G1 animated characters amongst this, as now you can have Sparkplug, Spike, Carly, Daniel, Chip, etc. - and also Major Lennox when he was Captain Lennox, yes, Leo, Agent Simmons in a different outfit (like they make Sam in 2 different outfits, and it's - I think - confirmed that there will be a new Mikaela). They also can make the Latino soldier that was wounded and evac'd in the first movie after the Air Force fights with Scorpinok.

Oh - and yes! This sets the stage for them to make HA HOUND, animated Hot Rod, and yes, another BumbleBee, as close as they can get with not infringing on Volkswagon's rights.

Oh, and human holograms could be used for the Decepticons, too. One standard mold figure that Hasbro could use over and over again. They like saving money...

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Hasbro nor Takara isn't going to make larger more exspensive HA TF toys. because bigger TF toys like leaders,ultimates & supremes don't sell as fast as deluxes,voyagers & ultras.

3. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I share your frustrations...

A few new Decepticon HA figs would be welcome on my shelves.

But I dont like the HA gimmick. I tosed out all the "human" figs but Frenzy...

I just want some "Alternator" quality car Transformers. Good. Evil. Both.

The Voyager size class is a nice all around size for a TF...

I'll buy more HA / Voyager Cons if they look good.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Uh, guys?

Sideways can't be done as a HA figure. Audi never gave their license for the R8. Remember how the Deluxe figure doesn't have any emblems?

I'm sure if it could have been done, it would have by now.

5. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Sucks, doesn't it? I'd also like a Leader Class Blackout - though that's discussed in his own thread. (But LC Brawl did sell - 2 different paint jobs, too!)

Me too - but I'd like to have these quality vehicles, either way.

I grew up with Transformers of all kinds of scales but quit after G1. I didn't like the neon and more plasticky figures for later lines, as well as did not get into the Beast Wars stuff. I just ignored it mostly.

When ALTERNATORS hit the shelves, I turned 180 degrees and man was I ever back into TF!

BTW - the Human Alliance figures fit just fine driving Alternator 'bots!

Now some of the Voyagers are awesome: Powerglide, SeaSpray, MixMaster, Long Haul, Optimus, Starscream (ROTF one) but others that should be better are either boring: movie Ratchet, or really weak and lower quality (Ironhide - who should not be!) and Blackout / Grindor who's detachable backpack (instead of actually transforming) makes the figure very lame!

I never noticed that. But you're right. Look at the RPM Sideways. That sucks. But they could fudge it just like they did with the Deluxe.

We always speculated whether they could do a Volkswagon bug but just not make it exact or add emlems to it?

6. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

We can still get a HA $29.99 Sideways,it'll just have no emblems.

7. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I always thought barricade should have come with that holo driver the cons kept using... I'm surprised a 3rd party company hasn't jumped on an Alice fig of some type

8. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Girl figs, especially at that size, are extremely hard to produce to a standard which people will want to buy them.

9. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

That's interesting because Hasbro did make Mikaela.

They are re-making her in a different outfit to be packed with a re-release of SideSwipe, I think.

She and Skids are sort of sitting in stores (Toys R Us anyway).

Do you think that's because:

1) People didn't like the Twins?
    2) The Twins do not turn into cool vehicles?
    3) Mudflap wasn't yet released. With both Twins, both will sell?
    4) Skids would have sold better with Simmons, Leo, or Lennox - a male figure?

10. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Yes. But the engineering involved would probably be beyond the average 3rd party KO company.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

So they could do the same thing with the HA figure. ;) 

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Exactly! reprolabels can help us out there!