We need an entire game about Nightcrawler.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dalarsco, May 21, 2006.

1. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

So I rented the new X-Men game so I can beat it before the movie comes out. It is well worth the rental. Like most movie games it has irritating bugs, but it is mostly fun.
    The Iceman parts are a shitty Starfox clone.
    The Wolverine parts are a dumbed down version of Wolverine's Revenge.
    However, the Nightcrawler parts are awesome. It's the most fun part, even though it is also the most buggy. Both are because it is a concept that I have never seen before. At first I thought it played like Prince of Persia, but after a minute or so in the tutorial most of the PoP moves you can do become pointless because you get taught how to teleport. The entire point of his levels is teleporting around to rabidly reach things, sneaking around, and then teleporting around enemies a ton fo times kicking ass. Hydra soldiers are just as inept as the presidential guards in X2. The only glitch is that in certain spots you can get stuck without easy access to a teleport point. I'm sure that given more time (these movie games only suck because they are rushed) this could be fixed and we could have Nightcrawler starring in the coolest action game ever.
    The only other thing that annoys me is the almost photorealistic moving comic cinematics. They are incredibly ugly. Even just using the game engine like most games do today would be better.
    As said previously, it's a great rental. Easily wrapable in a week. Just don't buy it in store unless you love the Nightcrawler portions even more than me, because those are the only parts that could possibly have any replayability at all.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

With Nightcrawler's abilities, yeah that would be fun.

3. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Metal gear: Nigthcrawler edition!

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, i love that kurt wagner guy, who is popularly known in the circus as NIGHTCRAW-STFU!

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Kurt Wagner, but in Munich Circus I was known as the Incredible Nightcrawler"

6. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Agreed. I checked the game out, and beat, the game last week at work. The Iceman levels were frustrating at times because of the controls of the iceslide, and the Wolvie levels were repetitive because of the sheer number of badguys they throw at you.

But the Nightcrawler levels were pure joy!!! It got to the point where I'd play the other two characters and save the Nightcrawler levels for last.

-Shifty

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    STFU!

8. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

oh yeah that was the best part of X2-sorry been a while seen I last seen that movie-