We must defeat the Wizard, no matter the cost!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rotty, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Rotty

Rotty Member

Who's taking friends on Wednesday, or this weekend?

Does anyone here have plans to take friends to another showing on Wednesday July 11, or on the weekend, to help keep the movie competitive with Harry Potter? :) 

2. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know I am going to see transformers again this weekend. I just want to encourage everyone on these boards to get as many people as they possible can to go see transformers again and again this weekend. We must band together, because only then, can we stop the wizard.

One shall stand and one shall fall

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think I’m done until the DVD comes out.

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Statistical impossibility.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not going to happen. Deal with it.

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

its just gonna happen. THEY'RE MOVIES

7. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

The thing about this is, who really cares? I mean Transformers already made their money back, we know they will make a sequel, none of the money goes to us. So why does it matter? I saw the film, it got my $6, now I wait till it comes out on DVD and plop down another $25ish on it. If Harry Potter "Wins" how does this effect us?

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Weeeeeell, I know the sequel has been given the go ahead, but if TF has a huge percentage drop on it's second weekend (like, 60-70%) that might have a bit of a negative impact. Either way, I'd say a sequel is pretty much a given by now.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Meh, Harry Potter will make money no matter what happen eds. The one thing that Transformers has going for it is that it is not a sequel and people who have not seen or read the Harry Potter books will not see a fourth installment of the movie. Transformers still has potential to do pretty good this week.

10. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

So what if they beat us? What if it burns out fast, then Transformers makes it in the long run? I don't really care, as long as I get the TF DVD when it comes out

11. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    You can say that again. Have Optimus Prime stand in front of the theaters and hold up the Harry Potter lines lol

12. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as we get a sequal I don't care who wins, But in real life giant transforming robots would kill wizards. All they have to do is transform to bot with the flesh thing inside of them. Yeah

13. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The upside is Harry Potter is getting shitty reviews due to the new director and new screenplay writer.

14. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Saw Potter today and was incredibly unimpressed. I miss Steve Kloves and where the Huckleberry Finn is the magic and allure?!

But after watching Transformers for the fourth time I'm officially tired of watching it in theaters. After watching the ending for the fourth time I felt like I just ate a ton of Oreos.

15. IRONHIDE 2007

IRONHIDE 2007 POWER ISN'T EVERTHING!

I don't like Harry Potter,but dude I seen it all ready and I don't need to see it again!BUT IT IS A VERY GOOD MOVIE!

16. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't care, although I must admit it would be damn nice to see the f*cky little wizard fail miserably at the box office. He won't get my money, that's for sure. I haven't seen any of his movies and never will.

17. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Yeah I saw it tonight. Wasn't very good. I expected a movie based on a 900 page book to have a lot cut out, but of course then they go and change a bunch of things for no reason at all. I'm sorry, but completely changing the personality of the main villain is absolutely retarded. Whoever wrote the screenplay can suck it. Took way too many liberties.

It's sooo slow with almost no action between the beginning and end. I thought for sure they would be able to make the final scenes really intense and closer to the book since they basically turned 400 middle pages of the book into a 2 minute montage. But no, they just cut that up too and tried covering it up with some cool special effects. It has it's moments, but honestly, I think it's the first HP movie I could have gone without seeing. There is no point in seeing it if you've read the book. You'll just be pissed because they cut out some really important stuff, then kept in some stuff that seems pointless, only because Rowling told them to keep it in because it would be more important in the 7th movie.

Take heart, TF fans. Even if Potter makes more money, Transformers is still a much better movie. TF was a lot funnier, had a lot more action, and is 100 times more entertaining. And I say that as a huge fan of both TF and HP.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually got my entire art team at work to go this friday, paid for by the company. That will be my third time, and I am encouraging everyone else to go. Giant Alien robots should just beat kid wizards, period.

19. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

It would be awesome if Harry Pooter was #1 this weekend but then drops off & Transformers keeps on going.

Heheh Hewlett Packard.

20. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    7th movie? bah how long are they going to draw this crap out, i thought the first one was dumbm friend of mine tells me to watch second one its good, it was also dumb to me, he says third was then best, i see it and it also sucks IMO, no more harry pothead PLEASE