We have found ... weapon of mass destruction!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ngnikolaos, Mar 18, 2012.

1. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Okay, I've been thinking ... so many artifacts, never used / shown again ... is it really bad writing?

I'm starting to think that we're been handed a slow build-up, either a season, or episode(s), in which bots and cons are going to have to use all the artifacts in a big deathmatch, or against a common enemy.

What do you guys think?

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

The Allspark. You know it's coming.

Or Omega Supreme but I doubt that.

3. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    I'd like a storyline about artifacts of the 13. That'd be cool, and lead to an eventual introduction of a couple of the Primes.

4. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

It is bad writing. It simply CANNOT be coincidence that ALL of these weapons and artifacts, not to mention an original PRIME's hammer, can be found on one planet, let alone the exact same planet that houses UNICRON, the destroyer God. And none of that has yet to be explained. No one has used any artifacts that have been recovered, and when Knockout (you know, using his brain) decides to use one, the writers realize this and have Bulkhead break it.

5. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I'm getting a feel for this, too, somewhat. Why show all these artifacts and store them away... Never to be seen or talked about again? I bet we'll be seeing more of the Solus hammer soon, along with the other artifacts.

The Allspark? Quite possibly.

Edit: maybe the reason the bots leave Earth is to go find the other artifacts?

6. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Its not coincidence. Earth has been a battleground for Cybertronians for thousands of years. The graveyard we saw in Darkness Rising part 3, the Energon deposits, and the remnants of numerous ships are evidence enough.

The fact that Earth houses Unicron also leads credence to the fact that Cybertron would have close ties with Earth. Perhaps the ancients didn't know Unicron was our core, but the planet certainly drew their interest.

7. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

1. The show is ongoing, everything will be explained eventually.

2. There's only so much you can do in a 22 minute show.

3. The writers have specifically stated that they know what they're doing.

Give it some time. Even if you never watch the show again, look it up on tfwiki.com when it's revealed.

8. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

But surely Earth isn't the only planet? It'd be nice to acknowledge that other planets also have such powerful artifacts, maybe through dialogue referencing an item on some obscure planet or a Transformer arriving on Earth with some crazy weapons.

I'd like to believe this show will explain everything, but I've seen too many that haven't. I've seen fantastic 22 minute shows that have less than 30 episodes that deliver on an astounding level. And sometimes the writers can't catch everything, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just something I wish would be fleshed out without all this unnecessary "we'll reveal it in the future" business.

9. Cecilia

Cecilia Transforming

To me, the artifacts are only specific episode plotlines and then for that they always give an excuse not to reasu "broken", "too dangeros" etc etc

Does that bother me?no, at least not as much as those episodes in which the artifacts are the center, most of then are boring sidequests to the main plotline. However, still better than the horrible torment of TFA sidequests against those goofy human villains u.u

10. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Well the reason they're not using the weapon from metal attraction is probably because it's seen as too risky to use.

The Energon Harvester was destroyed. As was the Shield Generator

The Solus Hammer can't be used

The Spark Extractor was just introduced. It may be used later on

The Immobilizer, I don't know

Anything I forgot?

It is kinda weird that all these things are on Earth. I'd be nice if there was a reason for it, but I'm fine if there isn't

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Who said they won't. It would be a terrible idea to lay everything out on the table, that kind of stuff only needs to be mentioned if it's relevant.

What once was future is now past. I'm sure people said "WTF IS UP WITH SOLUS PRIME, I WANT IT NOW" when we had her revealed, now the general reaction is "old news, what's next, I WANT IT NOW!". It is important to only feed bits at a time, or it'll be too much and there'll be no surprise left, never show your hand until the end.

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    The Forge of Solus Prime, Spark Extractor and Shield Generator were artifacts launched into space, Earth was just in their trajectory. I'm sure there were others that were off by the slightest of angles or seconds to alter their course/positioning

The Immobilizer was on a Decepticon ship "The Harbinger" that had crashed, I do wish to learn more about the ship. The energon harvester was left a long time ago by the ancients, it is possible one of the Thirteen left it, possibly whilst searching for the remains of Unicron, or something to that effect. The only one that is truly interesting of note, that likely requires more consideration, is the crash of the Harbinger.

13. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Its gonna turn out that the Bots who made the artifacts were actually secretly evil, and the devices were meant for evil. Blah blah blah Autobot sacrifices his./herself and it turns out said Autobot is alive because blah blah. Que end credits.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It's hard to call it build up when we have no indication that's the case. Maybe if we saw glimpses of vehicons doing something, or saw Megatron overseeing their being attended to.

15. VincentMagius

VincentMagius Well-Known Member

I got the impression that the few planted artifacts were put there on purpose.

Which makes some sense. Earth is an out of the way planet. It's large enough to probably be the limits of a ground bridge. It has moderate temperature on about 85% of the surface area. Plenty of mountains and water to hide things in.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    What we need in this show is a Antiques Road Show episode where the Autobots and Decepticons try to cash in the artifacts after realizing neither side can use specific articfacts.

Hopefully atleast the Solus Hammer comes back into play.....

17. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Many people complain that many artifacts are on Earth. If we're talking about 20 artifacts, yes, it's stupid. If we're talking about 10.000.000, having 20 of them on Earth is no big deal. The Transformers are techies, who knows how many machinery and equipment they would make over the years?

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that the weapon of mass destruction was found just yet, but I could be wrong.

19. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    People are still whining about this even after Orion Pax told us why they're here? Good lord people.

20. Deltus

Deltus 異種

Theyre finding all these weapons of mass destruction in Prime but couldn't find any in Iraq?