We failed ourselves and need to hush up! a completely different perspective.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by deathonacracker, Jun 26, 2009.

1. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    I've been reading through tons of threads from TF fans bitching and moaning about this, that and everything in between and it's becoming mind numbing! Now obviously i could just stop reading these negative posting and move along with my life, but i did want to say my piece before doing so, since everyone and their grandmothers have already spoken on the subject.

First things first. You guys do realize that we got pretty much everything we asked for right? Bay and company actually listened to our bitching and moaning from the first installment and tried to add as much of our requests as he could, did he not?

Now before you answer that I want to put this whole negative vibe ROTF movie thing into a different perspective, shall we. You can tell a 5 year old to do chores around the house like; mow the grass, clean and organize the basement or even paint your car. You tell the 5 year old, here is a list of things I need done. Once these are finished, ill give you some money. You can be assured that this 5 year old will indeed do most of what’s on that list. He may not understand every single thing on that list, but he will do them to the best of his ability. 9 out of 10 times the completed list will be even more of a mess once he’s finished then it did before the 5 year old began, but what did you expect? You surely couldn't have expected it to be spotless and perfect did you? I mean, the child IS only 5. Guess what else? You still have to pay that 5 year old for the work that’s been done. They did the best they could and you knew exactly what you were getting.

This franchise wasn’t handed to Martin Scorsese or James Cameron. It was handed to Michael Bay for Christ sakes! WTF did everyone with such high expectations expect!? If anyone should be blamed for disliking the movie they should blame themselves for thinking it was going to be something it obviously could never be.

I’ve honestly got my gripes like most of us do, and I'm not ashamed to say I was one of those people that for a moments time did expect something better. Especially with all the build up and hype over the past 2 years. I DEFINITLY expected some form of actual professional editing, pacing and continuity. Of course I look back now and realize that I expected it from a virtual 5 year old given a list of things to accomplish. He finished his list and he’s getting his money. I just wish the studios could have paid him in gold stars.

With all that being said, I actually liked the movie! Of course it’s NOTHING like what we REALLY want to see from our favorite franchise, but there’s no further reason to bitch and complain about it. I mean, we’ve always known who was in charge right? Pretending that it should have been so much more under those circumstances is no ones fault but ours.

2. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    :eek: 

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *Applause*

4. maximus212

maximus212 New Member

Logic does not work on the internet. It has been proven many times.

5. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I don't believe sentient beings can hush up bec. we all need something to do and doing nothing is worse than death.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Bravo sir. Fucking. Bravo.

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    AMEN.

8. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    We're grown men who play with toys. Please don't mention the p word to us.

9. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

:popcorn 

10. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Ratchet made me premed

Haha. I'm not sure if your post is defending or bashing the movie by likening its director to a 5-year-old. But you make some good points. It's kind of like when Sony gave Sam Raimi too many things to handle in Spider-Man 3.

11. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    Hows about we just hush up about this movie? lets make a home made pizza or something. maybe go to a senior citizens home and sing Christmas carols to confuse the elderly about what time of year it is.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Here's a thought:
    Why not just let people have opinions and agree to disagree?
    I see plenty of bitching... but I see even more bitching about the bitching.Which is mor productive?

13. deathonacracker

Ebay:

hey, I'm all for other peoples opinions. If i wasn't, i wouldn't sit here and read through page after page after page. I also never once ask for people to change their opinions. most people here have very legit opinions regarding the quality of the film. I was just bringing a different perspective to the arguments and simply saying that the hype and build up given to all of this came directly from us and we should have known better than to do that knowing what we knew.

14. Battlewagon

Battlewagon Well-Known Member

100% truth imo.

15. BR4DSH4W

BR4DSH4W Active Member

I fully understand what you are saying OP but i don't agree with it but yet im struggling to find the words to explain why i don't.

I think I feel this way because yes we had M.Bay as a Director but yet M.Bay is not a 5 year old, he has directed some good films and yet, yes he wants big explosions and to show off his contacts with the U.S army blah blah -insert long list of bad things about M.Bay- but considering IMO how well the first film was gone I felt that M.Bay did me proud where I assumed he would fail...ROTF was awful and he felt like it was very main stream and focused on target audience rather than the fans ( im not going to go on a rant about MY feelings on the film), anyways i don't feel that M.Bay listened to us at all, I felt M.Bay did his it own way and yes this links into your opinion about him being a 5 year old etc. but there was far more of M.Bays silly jokes and toilet humour and I feel he didnt listen at all.

If you read this and it seems im just repeating what the OP has said then i apologize, I tried to give my opinion without linking to the OP's reference's
    but was struggling to explain it.

16. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    They tried to hush up people in Iran and China but I don't think the hush up campaign was every successful. You can't hush up all the people all the time and there will always be cracks.

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All hail deathonacracker He has spoken and the issue is closed!!!!!

Bay didn't try to do what I wanted in anyway shape or form. WE are not one mind and alot of fans wanted different things. I do think some of the writers and producers tried very hard to slip in more of what fans wanted but Bay is still bay. The only reason we got more transforms in this film was because Bay had more money for CGI. He obviously had no idea what to do with all these characters. Bay amped up everything fans complained about in the first movie. The bad jokes, the weak characterization, the plot wholes. He have every right to complain

Oh and this was not a unique perspective at all. For all of you that have a problem with people pointing out issues with the movie I have a solution. Stay out of the movie forum

18. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    again. I never said i had problem with people pointing out issues. in fact, i point some out too! i SAID, there is no one to blame for a lot of these issues because we expected too much from someone we clearly shouldn't!

and if it wasn't clear enough to you, when i say "WE" you have to realize that I'm not speaking for every TF fan in existence. I'm simply generalizing and speaking for the fans that fall under this scenario. obviously you don't, which is perfectly fine. I also never once said i had a "unique" perspective. it was a perspective i hadn't seen in the hundreds of pages I've been reading.

if you don't agree with anything in this thread, more power to ya. just make sure you understand the post before responding to it!

19. anti-hero

anti-hero Well-Known Member

Since i don't want to start yet another another lovers vs haters thread, LOL, I'll just say my two cents here...

The biggest problem i have with the "haters" (and I'm including some of the reviewers in this sense too) is that a lot of them not only say the movie was bad, but insult to the point of saying that no one could like it. Since I did like it that tends to offend me, since it's like they're saying "if you like it there must be something wrong with you." Obviously this is happening a lot in the other direction too, with people basically saying "if you didn't like it, you're too ____." Fill in the blank as you see fit.

I like it. You didn't? Fine. Let's not assume that either position means there is something wrong with either of us.

20. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

You, OP sir, just compared Michael Bay (44) to a 5 years old.

But... maybe...