We Are Six Episodes Into Season 2...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Reaper Cloud, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    and so far NO CHILDREN sneaking into battles, or manipulating Autobots. :D 

Maybe the writers have learned to keep them in the background as much as possible? Sure, we had Bumblebee acting stupid and having to "Prove" himself...but I'd much rather see a robot do this instead of a human. We saw a lot of Jack, but his character is tolerable.

Miko still has to speak, which is disappointing...but I'd rather roll my eyes for a quick second than have to set through minutes of her doing ridiculous garbage.

2. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

Yeah, I also noticed that. I also noticed that they didn't appear in the last episode at all, which is pretty surprising to me.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Miko went from running into a space bridge every other episode to being the redundant character who has one or two one-liners every episode.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Maybe Miko has learned her lesson after nearly getting Bulkhead killed. That was the last time she did anything stupid.

5. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, them not being there at all was really surprising, but looking back at the ep, it was night time, perhaps very early morning, considering how the sky looked when Dreadwing finally escaped the docks at the end of the episode..so the kids were probably home (although theyve been there late before)

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This again? :sly: 

Apart from Miko Jack and Raf NEVER once manulpate the Autobots into their own uses. Jack did convince Bumblebee to do that race in Speed Metal yes but it was a desprate attempt and Jack never did that again. The times those two did run into battle was they tried to stop Miko from killing herself.

While you said about Miko is true Jack is FAR from her level and is wuite possible the one who matured the most in the show. Even Arcee herself in PRedatory said that what Jack did to get them out of Airachnids clutchs was selfless. It's easy to see why Optimus chose him to guard the key to Vector Sigma. As for Raf he was just being a good frined to Bumblebee and helped the Autobots in quite afew jams I might add too

7. Reaper Cloud

News Credits:
    So far "Loose Cannons" is my favorite Prime episode to date. :D 

Which is pure genius in my opinion. lol

Of course 99% of that "Manipulating" statement was toward Miko. Rafael is very adult-like for a 12 year old, and Jack's problem was with the street racing/impress the girl stuff. I had no problem with Jack (even with his small fault), and would gladly see him and Rafael do whatever for more screen time. The writers were really nuts with Miko last Season for some reason. Some type of message that they were trying to get across? I don't know.

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I also hate that Miko has to speak. I usually yell "SHUT UP!!" at the inanimate screen at least once an episode.

9. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It always feels odd reading these threads. Miko is my second favorite human, and for the life of me, I can't comprehend the hatred she gets

10. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Miko's actually gotten funny these last couple of episodes, from the "Unicorn/Unicron" joke to her little interjections in "Operation Bumblebee" ("Is Bumblebee gonna turn into a ambulance and be all grouchy now?... cuz that'd be weird.")

Plus her dynamic with Bulkhead is actually really well done. I too do not understand the hate.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And yet, the episodes haven't really improved, which is a surprise.

If anything, Miko is now 100x MORE annoying to me in her limited screentime than she was when she was more of a major player. Maybe because if she's only going to be given 2 lines in an episode, the writers break their backs trying to come up with the absolute 2 worst lines they can dream up for her. Her awfulness is more concentrated.

In season one, her annoyingness was somewhat balanced by other things she did which were marginally less annoying. But now, for the 30 seconds we see her in an episode, she always has the annoyingness cranked up to 11.

At least that's my impression. She hasn't grown, she hasn't learned. There's just less of her. But when we do see her, it's, "How do you go to the bathroom? Is that like a T-Bone?"

Anyhow, If you'd asked me last year, I would have predicted that less kid involvement would make the new season episodes much, much better. But I haven't really seen that.

12. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they're having some difficulty with her dynamic with the rest of the cast. Miko from her very conception was always used as a plot device rather than a person,IMO. In the first season she was used push certain incidents like getting the kids trapped in Shadowzone, getting the characters trapped in a cave, getting Bukhead infected with weird energy knowledge. In season two she's become more of a Narrative device, who speaks a few one liners and says things that forces various characters to explain certain things to the audience.

The writers have really got to know what part she will have to play amongst the current cast of characters, IMO. I think they need to plot out how she will develop from now on as well.

The kids have pretty much been quite well don in the previous episodes; with 3 episodes of Orion Pax and Two episodes of Operation Bumblebee.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Since the plots don't really involve their involvement.

Watch as the next episode about Bulkhead/Miko. She's going right back to screwing everything up once again.

14. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    And how I have written, it is more epic and interesting without trite children.

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy that "the transformers" have their own episode for a little bit.

Its a nice change.

16. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny how a Transformer can do something stupid and still be loved by fans, yet if a human does the same thing they're considered a reckless idiot and a waste of screentime.

17. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ I guess its all about perspective. ^^

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Their's no room for idiotic fleshlings in Transformers. :rolleyes: 

19. Reaper Cloud

News Credits:
    Do I REALLY have to explain the difference between a ROBOT and a HUMAN in terms of frailty? In reality, most...if not ALL of the humans would have been killed in Season 1. Robots can take WAY more damage than humans.

I guess there has to be "Fans" for either side of this Human debate. It can't be all one sided now can it? -_-

20. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Bumblebee trying to prove himself was out of character, his beeps were at its most annoying, and the worst part was that he learned nothing nor was he punished from the experience.

But in any case, that situation was more tolerable because Bee actually is useful, the reason makes sense however out of character it was, and so far it's the only time Bee has been rather unpleasant onscreen. Miko is the opposite in every way.