Way to order Kreons without the Kre-O sets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
  2. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I think you are abusing an honor system that will ruin it for a lot of people. Or at least make it harder for people who actually bought the set to get a replacement part they need.

3. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree.

This is a shady way to obtain what you want and hurting Kre-O fans in the long run.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I also must agree, not that it will stop some people from doing so and this really isn't news.

5. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    I'm not meaning for it to be used negatively. I see it as a means to purchase the kreon figures themselves. Why should I have to buy a $60.00 Optimus Prime Kre-O figure if the only thing I want at all is the little kreon figure. They could sell them individually similar to how Mega Bloks does with Marvel and Halo.

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're cheating the system. This is a new line and Hasbro wants it to be successful. If it takes to buy a set to obtain the Kreon you want, then buy it.

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Have to agree this seems like an abuse at this stage.

8. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    I'll have to agree with the majority here and say that using this service as a way to obtain kre-ons figures may ruin it for the people that are actually purchasing the box sets.

To answer your question to why you must purchase a $60 set. My guess is to make a sale. I'm sure they are well aware that the Kre-ons are highly desirable. Maybe they are sold in sets to maximize profits on said kre-ons.

I would not be so quick to call foul on Kre-o just yet. They just arrived on the scene and I am sure that once they start establishing market presence, they will start offering other options and alternative ways to get the figs.

As the old saying goes, you have to pay to play.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  9. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are also aware you will need to show a proof of purchase when you send that form in, so you will have had already bought the set to get the figures

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Kreons are there to help boost sales of crappy derivative products. Enjoy your $60 minifigs, suckas!

Don't abuse the system. Unless it's a paid service where you can essentially buy individual parts? I know that lego sends out replacements free of charge.

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is messed up. Just buy the damn sets and enjoy them for what they are. Yes, the little Kreon Transformers are cool, but so are the building sets. This level of runaround is dishonest and like others have said, abuses the honor system.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

is 24 dollars really THAT much money? :lol 

13. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

please dont abuse this cool thing hasbro has here.

stickers/decals arent on that order form, but i am hoping i can get a replacement sticker set from them for my mirage kre-o. the sticker that is supposed to go on his chest doesnt work well cause its 3D curved so i jacked it up and really want another sticker. they havent replied yet.

i switched the block on his arm and chest so now its a flat surface on his chest to put the autobot sticker. i just hope i can get another sticker sheet from them...

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think it would be cool to be able to order parts as more and more sets come out. If the figures are that big of a selling point, simply remove them from the parts ordering list. But Hasbro selling individual parts for their sets? I don't see anything wrong with that, in fact, I think that would further help the sales.

15. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where did you see that? Doesn't mention it on the order forms.

16. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    LEGO sure knows this on their mini-figs; putting the only Bossk in the third-redo of an overpriced Slave-1? Priceless.

They make sure you can't get replacement figs without buying the set. LEGO store people tell me that you can just return the whole set en masse. Other parts can be replaced free of charge.

Playmobil is the one that rules the roost for this sort of thing in their parts replacement service.

17. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. Someone was trying to get a replacement Optimus Kre-On with the closed chest since his had the opened chest that was given out at Botcon, and when he faxed in the form, they wanted the UPC or copy of the receipt, and I think they wanted him to mail back the other Prime

Mega Bloks is getting better, they are selling blind single figure packs for their Halo and Marvel lines.

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'd really want them to start releasing blindpacks.
    They could even throw in super rare figures like Character Building is doing with their Doctor Who minifigure blindpacks.

Have a clear Starscream, Reformatting Megatron or 'sleep mode' Prime as a limited run of 500 randomly inserted into the packs.

That said, the one I want most is Soundwave, and the Sentinel Prime kit looks like it might be worth a purchase anyway.

19. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    Don't misunderstand, the intention was to buy the kreons, not get freebies.

20. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    The same happened to me. They should've at least cut a slit to make it sit almost flat.