Way to go Cartoon Network

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galaxy Convoy, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Cybertron restarted on Monday morning at 5 am, and I missed it. So I set my VCR to catch Tuesday's ep, according to CN's own ep description, entitled "Detour".

Just fired up the tape, and WTH, it's the old ep titled "Savage". I thought CN was starting with the new episodes? What gives?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Uhm, "Savage" is the episode that FOLLOWS "Detour"... and both ARE new as far as Cartoon are concerned, they only aired on Kids WB so far.

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Yea, but leave it to CN to screw up with the time slot and then restarting the whole damn thing. Why does Hasbro even mess with them. Doesn't matter with WB seeing as they don't even have an afternoon cartoon block anymore.

4. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

too bad there is nomore Kids wb on weekdays

5. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Hasbro should just make Cybertron part of Action Blast and put the block on more channels.

6. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Hasbro should just give up with TF animation since its been (in m opinion) 5 years since we got anything good.

maybe they'll follow the movie with some Direct to Video stuff, instead of trying to produce 52 episodes a year... quality control goes out the window with that kind of schedule.

and if TF hasn't grabbed ratings on with big premeires for Armada, Energon, and Cybertron, and now all 3 have made it to the crack of dawn time slot. who can blame CN or WB for this?

7. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Over on the Eastern Time Zone we get it at 6 am. Not much better. I can still get six airings of Codename: Kinds Next Door, though...

Man, Cartoon Network, you used to be cool. What happened?

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

They stopped caring about any shows that weren't their own, that's what happened.

Anyway, I know what happened. Cybertron started Monday, but the actual NEW episodes don't starting airing til later this month. I guess for some reason I thought they were picking up where Kid's WB left off.

9. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Courage the Cowardly Dog , Dexter's Lab, PPG, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack and Justice League were also CN's own, but I get what you mean. And after being burned by Armada and Energon, I guess I can't really blame them for locking Cybertron up in the basement.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Nope, they picked up where THEY left off.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yes there is. Pretty sure they're still showing Cybertron too.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I think his complaint is they are by definition airing RERUNS. It's a valid complaint.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    No there isn't. I can't say it for every WB station, but around here it's airing reruns of ER and 8 Simple Rules.

14. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Tis sad Cybertron has to share the same fate as Armada and Energon*course Armada got through with its eps before being moved to early mornings i believe hehehe, cause i remember watching the last ep hehehe*

Cybertron is easily the second best TF show after Beast Wars.

15. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Armada did extremely well show-wise, and toy-wise. It was always in a good timeslot through it's entire original run. It was only on subsequent repeats it was put at the buttcrack of dawn.

16. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Armada was too new to really bounce around that much, which is why I think it held on to alright time slots for much of its run. But if it had done well, do you really think Energon would have gotten the graveyard shift inside of its first month on the air? Had Armada truly gotten good ratings, CN would have given Energon a legitimate chance.

And I really doubt ML and SL did well in Japan, otherwise Takara would not have deviated from the marketing plan that was firmly set into place in 2001 and break away from the Micronverse with GF.

17. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Cybertron was on at a good time while it was on the WB. Did anyone notice how well the toys sold around xmas? Finding a Cybertron Prime was difficult in my area.

18. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

Here Is A Great Idea. I Think We Should All Travel To The Hasbro Main Office And Beat The Snot Out Of Everyone Of Them For Messing With Us. Show The Cybertron Series On A Time When We Are All Awake And Not At A Time That Suits Them. We Are The People That Watch The Show, We Are The People That Made The Hasbro Company What They Are Today. We Love Transformers And If It Wasent For Us They Wouldnt Be Making Any Money Or Ratings. Who Agrees With Me. They Mess With Us We Mess Back!

19. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

In through the nose,,,, out throught the mouth,,, deep breaths. one,,, in. two,,, out. Okay?

:stick: 

Hasbro is a TOY company. The idiots you want to speak with are the TV companies. You know the ones that provide such fine entertainment as Jerry Springer, Welcome to the Neighborhood (a show SO bad it was canned before it's airdate), and CNN (come and get me Blitzer! I fear nothing!)

Lots of luck BTW.

(and to the FBI, I don't know this guy, I've never met him before, I know nothing about the kilo in my trunk, the check is in the mail, and 'I'm not even supposed to be here today')

20. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, that really sucks. It's a pity Cartoon Network probably haven't viewed the newer eps. They're significantly cooler than the first 20 or so, it really begins to pick up the pace and action. I'm sure it'd be much more popular now than it was at the begining of the series.