Wave Stagnation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wreck n rule, May 16, 2012.

1. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

First of all, this isn't a thread to complain about case assortments.

That out of the way, it is about an issue on my area I wanted to see if anyone else shared.

My local Target, which is my primary shopping location, had had nothing but Prime Wave 1 for weeks. I saw one Ratchet which I picked up without hesitation, but that was at least three weeks ago. The items on the shelves haven't changed for at least a month save that.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so how is this not a pointless complaint thread lol?

Anyways, some people working at targets have said that they won't crack a new case until the previous case gets sold... so basically until you buy all those BB's you won't see anything else.

3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

So... you've had Prime wave 1 for weeks, except for when you had wave 2?

... I actually prefer the complaining about assortments. At least that's pretty legitimate. Considering the drought from the end of Summer until, essentially, the launch of Prime, that is incredibly mild.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because he's not saying "RARGH ASSBLOW 2 MANEE BUMBLEFUCKS IN MY CASES" he's pointing out that his store has surplus wave one.

That seems to be the pattern. My Wal-Mart has the same issue. It went through about two or three cases pretty quick with maybe two BB's and a handful of Cliffs left. Now they put out two more cases of wave one, which are not moving. Not even Soundwave.

For some reason stores always over-order the first wave of any given line.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll tell you exactly how this thread will go.*

The first two pages will actually answer the OP's question of local conditions pertaining to shopping. Then somebody will mention how Bumblebees are SWARMING the shelves and they're like "WTF Hasblow?" Someone will chime in on how we should all blame Hasbro ... but the opposing view will then argue it is fact the retailers should be blamed. That argument will then spark a Canadian/American price difference conversation leading to talk about the First Edition Prime figures and how they were cancelled, naturally leading to conspiracy theories about how Hasbro is partnering with Ebay and reaping the high prices of FE Voyager Prime and Bulkhead. The thread will then shortly be closed after someone brings up Bumblebee again.

With that out of the way, my local area is doing just fine and slowly beginning on the newest wave with Hot Shot, Knockout, and Steve the Vehicon :D 

*Please, take this post as a joke and have some lol's about it

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Don't surprised if you see this quoted for future threads and lols.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Next thing you'll know in 4-5 months from now. Wave 3, Wave 3 everywhere.

Then i'l be all like WTF happened to Wave 2?

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Noticing it.
    There is the Bee thing, but also it's as if TF's aren't as hot as they used to be. Heck, in my area the TF's have been relocated from the... heh... PRIME locations to more pedestrian locales in the toy isle.

9. Wreck n rule

@BigDawg and Soundwinder: Yeah, Split Lip pretty much nailed it.

@StayingInTheBox: Unfortunately, you're 100% correct. But until then...

Hmm. So it seems it's not just me. And if they only open a new case when the old one sells, that would explain my situation. And why they always seem to be present I. The same numbers. Only the Bot Shots seem like they're moving, seeing as the same two cyberverse have been there for two weeks.

10. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:

I enjoyed this very much.

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you've seen Ratchet, then your store is almost certainly getting both Wave 1 and 2. It's just that 6/8 figures in a Wave 2 case are also in Wave 1 so, if someone buys the one Arcee and one Ratchet from a Wave 2 case before you get a chance to see them, then it'll look like the only thing coming in is Wave 1 cases.

12. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The case turnover rate is pretty slow. Plus even if these stores have gotten the wave three cases, neckbeared scalpers will most likely have already cleared out any wave three stuff so you'd never know it was there...

13. Wreck n rule

The one benefit to my area is that the scalper number is almost nonexistent. There isn't much to scalp.

It could be that you're correct, Scantron. The only doubt i have is that TFs move ridiculously slow here, though you logic is indisputable.

14. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I don't know how fast each wave should come out (one a month, one every three months), but my last purchase in an actual store was March 31st.

So nothing in April, and probably nothing in May...unless a store decides to SHOCK me with something new! -_-

For online ordering, BBTS was good for a case of Wave 3 Deluxe. They were also awesome for getting more of the FE Entertainment packs...which might show up in May, but I'm thinking early June.

Either way, I'd guess that I MIGHT find something in my local stores by June. If something shows up online that is for single item figures (and the price isn't ridiculously high), then I'll give them my money.