Heavy/Scratch: Water Planet Megatron With no artificial Kevin Costners

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by warriorpriest, Mar 15, 2008.

1. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Hello, everyone.

I do alot of customs but this will be my first one to get posted here. I hope I posted it in the right area and did it correctly. If not if someone lets me know i will edit it to fix it. Thank you. :D  Some of you may have seen the custom Omega Supreme I did for a client in other forums. Well the basics behind this custom is the same client wanted a Tidalwave to fight Omega. This evolved into wanting him to stand as tall as Omega, then to also wanting him to be painted like G1 Megatron. Well for that to happen I had alot of work ahead of me. I came up with a basic story of WHY Megs would be sea vessles. The reason was this was an alternate reality Megs where either they crashed on a waterworld (with no Kevins) or they crashed not in the mountains but near some place like Hawaii where sea vessles was scanned.
    Well on to the pics with more info:
    So how do you make a tall toy taller??? you either add at the waist or legs. Well Megs had long legs so we start there. So needless to say I had a junker Metroplex laying arouns and Presto. Long legs. He now stands as tall as Omega. Yes i know he has long legs but to be honest so did the G1 Megs and my client loves it so that is all that matters. :D 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well Megs has an arm cannon right?? Well easy enough to make if you have the following: Citadel paint pot, 2 pepsi 20oz caps, 2 medicine bottles, some PVC pipe for the center, and a bit off a real gear movie TF for the eye glass. Here is a work in progress pic of the cannon:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see from this WIP pic you can actually look thru it. Why?? well I will get to that.
    [​IMG]

The new Waterworld Megs still transformers just like Tidalwave. The extended leg sections transform into a repair vehicle that can go on land or water or turn into a cybertronian looking dock. Both modes will support a crane and seachlight which can be placed in different areas of the docks. See photos below. The search light is made from a cybertron Downshift weapon and the crane from a RID hightower fig. Both convert to weapons to turn the repair vehicle into a war vessel. The searchlight also doubles as the second barrel that sticks up from megs back. Here are pics of the true "Dark Fleet".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is pics of the super vessel mode and dock:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wait didn't Tidalwave have a minicon?? Well Waterworld Megs was not the only one to get a new look. Image if everyones favorite Deceptibirdie got new looks as well??? That is right. Megatron comes with Lazerbeak. And he is supporting an all new look with 4 forms. Thats right FOUR!!!! Check them out:
    BIRD
    [​IMG]
    TAPE (storage mode)
    [​IMG]
    JET!!!
    [​IMG]
    And ROBOT:
    [​IMG]

Wait a minute.... Why are you able to look thru the arm cannon if it just a big gun on the one boat?? Well this is why....
    Megatron in GUN mode:
    [​IMG]

Here is Megs holding LB and a close up of Megs face:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well there you have it. If you would like to see more pics please chech here:
    http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj160/WarriorPriest13/Water Planet Megatron/?start=all

Please feel free to make comments. Did I do him justice?? The cleint thinks so, how about you??
    Peace,
    Warrior
    PS if you see an area that needs touched up, do not worry they have been. Photos where taken prior to final clear coat and all touchups where taken care of. ;) 

Attached Files:

2. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What the fuck!

thats pretty damn cool!

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

OMFG!!! Dude, this is very creative, badass, blow my mind custom I ever seen. WOW!! I'm speechless.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    You should have attached ALL those images you linked to as then they'd have shown up in the post instead of being links. That being said, he's certainly unique. I like it for the most part. My only complaint is the robot mode. The arms and torso both look really stubby with such super-long legs, and since you didn't remove the original feet, it looks like a repainted Tidalwave on stilts, instead of a new bot that has super-long legs. you did a good job on the painting and stuff though, and kudos for coming up with a gun mode, and I also like the water-dock too.

Does he have knees now?

5. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Thanks. :D  I will keep that in mind, and if I get a chance tomorrow I will add them. I knew I would do something wrong as it is my first custom post here. :D 

Well I understand your view on the stilts issue. Got the same reply from a few friends. My only concern was that the client I did it for was happy. He was. :D  The orginal feet actually connect on the inside of the Metroplex legs. The thingthat may look like a foot is the top part or what I call the ankle onthe tidalwave figure. He can stand without the extentions as can be seen in the other pics I provided a link to. If he is posed just right they 'ankles" look like knee joints.
    The gun mode was something I just came up with messing around with the toy. Same for the docks. Kinda funny how some ideas just come out of nowhere. :D  Thanks for the comments. :D 

Mechatron and Ezilla82 I give a warm thank you to you both as well. :D  :D  :D 

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    at the top of the tutorials forum is one on how to attach images and how to then make them show up in your posts where you want them to.

7. warriorpriest

News Credits:

SWEET!! Thanks. :D  I will check it out. Never thought to look there. Duh I feel special. LOL!!!

8. Ezilla82

No prob. Just to make ya feel welcomed to the boards.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm not sure if this was the original intention or if anybody else pointed this out, but my first impression on seeing the title of the bash, and the long stilt-legs, was that it was deliberate.

I thought the stilt legs were so Megatron could stride around in deeper waters while still remaining above-surface. How else could he stand commandingly over a nautical battlefield? It would look silly if he would have to tread water! :) 

So in that sense, the extension stilts actually fit the concept rather perfectly! Plus, I like the way you got a water base out of those Metroplex legs. Nice!

zmog

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, that is really slick work!!....I like this a lot :thumb 

11. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I like this idea. Water World Transformers is an awesome idea!

12. Ezilla82

You bet their is going to be a Water World Optimus Prime, that transforms into either a submarine or similar to this custom. That would be cool to see.

13. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Thanks guys/gals I am glad you like it. I may plan on a Water planet Kitbash prime, but right now i have WAY too many comisssions to do. ;)  If I do I will be sure to post it here first.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Pretty cool

15. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

Well I guess that's what megatron would look like to adapt to water world.
    *gives a thumbs up

16. Warmachine

Warmachine Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Very original and creative. Nice job.