Watchmen Motion Comics on iTunes

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by justinRODimus, Aug 8, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

So i noticed that on iTunes there was an icon on the front page with a Watchmen logo. I thought it might be some sort of Watchmen music thing, I dunno why there would be Watchmen music lol, but I checked it out and it's actually kind of like a movie using the original Watchmen graphic novel. The art is taken from the panels and animated and the novel is read aloud by a narrator and it surprisingly looks very good. It looks like it could take quite a bit of work to transfer to a whole different media but IMHO, it looks very well done. It's probably being released to hype up the movie, but from what i see it's very good. There's currently only 1 chapter and it runs 25 minutes, but you can buy the season pass so there's definitely going to be more to come. I myself have only read the first part of the novel, but it wasn't my own so I'm going to pick it up once one of my bookstores gets a clue and restocks. When I started venturing into comics about 5 years ago, I was geared toward Marvel and only in the past few years have I dabbled in DC which is why I haven't payed any attention to a novel with so much praise until now. Anyway, check it out on iTunes (I dunno how to link to iTunes but just search Watchmen, I think that should do the trick) and there's a 30 second preview to get a feel if you're skeptical.

2. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Interesting. I hate iTunes though, so I'm gonna have to wait for it to (hopefully) come to other formats/outlets.

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw that icon earlier but didn't have time to check out what it was. Sounds interesting, I'll have to check out that preview.

4. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Based on the first chapter, I'm gonna guess that this will be better, overall, than the movie.

However, it's more of an audiobook than it is, say, an audio drama. One actor's reading it. As a result, the female characters sound hilarious.

5. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Watchmen rules period.

6. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Damn rite!

7. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

I just finished reading Watchmen and looking back at the trailer, I think it should be pretty faithful. I saw some good things and I could recognize every scene in the trailer. I can't wait for the movie, maybe because my interest in Watchmen was turned on by seeing the preview with Dark Knight. I wish Alan Moore didn't have so much drama with his material being turned into movies with the V for Vendetta fiasco (I actually thought the movie was OK, verrrrrry different but OK nonetheless). We'll have to wait and see with Watchmen.