watching Energon...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Im not sure what to say but energon gets alot of crap. I will say that i do like this series so i will get some hate. With me Energon was the 1st series i regularly watched as a kid because i started with a couple armada episodes but it ended. I know this show has some problems and all but when i watch it its because its transformers and its about bots vs cons. (unlike animated when its Bots vs Cartoon campy villains). I know some characters are different from their G1 self like Ironhide but at least he means well unlike animated when he is an a-hole to Bumblebee. To me this made me understand Transformers more and i don't know what else to say i just find this show entertaining.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    What do you think of Kicker and Alpha-Q?

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And Ironhide for that matter.

4. Hotshotprime43

Well Kicker was an ass in the beginning but he got better but i like him more then the cybertron kids, sari, and Miko.

Alpha Q was interesting in the beginning but became dumb over time. But when i watch this show i just turn off my brain and just let the action be entertaining

5. Hotshotprime43

Well this Ironhide not the best but it introduced me to the character and made know he important to the TF franchise. Also he had some character Development

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Energon Ironhide is only Ironhide in name, he is nothing like the usual interpretations of the character( gruff, trigger happy old guy), so I don't see how Energon "introduced" you to a character who is unlike any other TF with that name.

Also, it sounds like you don't actually care about plot, rather you just want action, which is why you seem to be trying to put down Animated in your comparisons to Energon, as Animated is relatively light on Bot vs. Con fighting but heavy on plot and story.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    You should watch Superlink, if for nothing else than for comparisons sake.

8. Hotshotprime43

Energon not my favorite show its just average to me. Also I know what you mean about this Ironhide just being a name for the series because how production was rushed for the Unicron trilogy because Cartoon Network didn't give them time to work on the series more. (thats why armada animation has so many problems but armada my 3rd favorite show). Also i know the plot becomes weak in the show but like i said energon not one of my favorites its in the middle of tf shows. When it comes to the whole animated thing is animated 1st two seasons kind off made me angry because they kind of jump the shark on that. While season 3 i respect. Animated had good character development and the story improved alot but it didn't get to come to a actual closing and again to me animated the "Jump the shark" series...

9. Hotshotprime43

maybe. but if ill watch anything in Japanese it would be the series that are only in japanese if i can find subtitles. On a side note I've seen the 1st 8 episodes of headmasters. Clips of master force. The 1st two or three episodes of Victory. I watched Zone and the first two of three episodes of Beast Wars 2

10. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Because it is. Even when this was on CiTV this is just background noise while I had my cereal now Cybertron that was intresting.

11. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Unfortuantely for me, Cartoon Network was unavailable in the town that I lived in until 2004. So I really didn't get to see the Armada series. Thus I never really got all that into Energon. Once I finally got CN, I did watch a little bit of Energon. But I wasn't all that into it. At that time I my main action cartoon passions were the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, and Teen Titans. I think had I watched Armada from the start, I probably would've been at least somewhat into Energron.

12. Hotshotprime43

Cybertron was ok to me. The plot was very anime quest like, Hotshot and Jetfire voices were different, the cons were just pathetic in that series, and the humans, well sucked (Yeah i know coming from the guy who approves of kicker, for the most part)

But the series had its moments.

13. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

I was watching it on DVD last night.

Yeah, the characters are terrible, the animation is wonky.

But it's kinda fun, in that background kind of way. It's great to play while setting up or playing with the toys. Or when falling asleep.

Cybertron, though, is one of my favorite Transformers cartoons. I love the "out in space" adventures more than being stuck on Earth (which is way I like season 3 of G1 better than the first two seasons, as well).

14. Hotshotprime43

well Energon was also in space alot and i like G1 season 3 for the same reason as well. (Not a much as the 1st two seasons but i still think its good for what it is)

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I thought the Scorponok-as-leader was really a nice spin, and Starscream being a ghost was a cool callback. And Omega Supreme showing his face is never a bad thing! If Energon could have been trimmed down to a tight 26 episodes it had some good potential.

16. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i saw some energon eps on youtube
    i love that snowcat

17. Hotshotprime43

I also think Kicker better then fred and billy

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You mean Roadbuster.

Kicker, Alpha-Q, and Roadbuster are all cool... in Super Link.

19. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    This. Then maybe it wouldn't have run out of the plot

20. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

What's kind of interesting is the director (or at least one of the directors) Jun Kawagoe is sort of infamous for over the top giant robot anime (New Getter Robo, Koutetsushin Jeeg, Mazinkaiser SKL), which tend to be short (Getter and Jeeg are only 13 episodes, Mazinkaiser SKL 3 episodes) and fun.

So I wonder if his directoral capacities were hindered by having to stretch the series over 50+ episodes.