Watched the DVD today.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Scrapper6, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

And was it just me or did they cut out a few seconds of film after Colonel Sharp cut the hard lines? I think the brief shot of Blackout's reaction is gone when I could have sworn I saw it in the theatrical release.

Also the dialogue in the Starscream Vs. Raptor fight ends differently, I think they changed it because instead of reporting the loss of Starscream the final line says Stay on him and then the surviving Raptors attack Megatron including apparently Starscream. (Oh joy now I'm reviving a favored topic among movie viewers.) :lolol 

So was I dreaming or is the DVD version of the film slightly altered compared to the theatrical version?

2. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

It felt a little different also I noticed when the decepticons had a road call towards the end Barricade says he is en-route yet during the final battle he is in fact not present.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That was in the Theatrical version too.

And Blackout had no reaction in the Theatrical version. And the Starscream scene was identical aswell.

Starscream did not attack Megatron, haveing access to pause, I was able to see all the Raptors had SABOT rounds attached to the wings, a feature which SS was without.

Another thing I noticed, BB was clean when he was on the shock table at Hoover dam. (Something which many people argued against) Every other scene, he has scuffs and dirt on him. (Perhapes they were omitted to keep continuity with the dummy?)

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait Blackout says something in the movie version during the roll call and dvd. And when Barricade says he is en route he is behind Bonecrusher before him and Prime fight but we never see him again.

5. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Starscream shot at him.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Starscream never shot Barricade, nor Megatron. (I'm surprised these people still make these comments despite the DVD evidence)

7. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:

I think BB is dirty in the city because he gets blown up and literally covered in dust and and rubble thanks to Starscream. Otherwise, even rolling around on the street wouldn't get him that dirty imo

8. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

some missiles come from completely off screen..... So advanced realistic military tactics and standard U.S. Air force flight formations aside, I still think its totally possible screamer squeezed off a couple of rounds on megs.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love it, but it was sooooo much better on the big screen. My TV sucks, its like 30 inches I think.

10. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I never claimed the scene was different, just the dialogue I could have sworn the last thing I heard in the theatre during that scene was the pilot claiming they'd lost him referring of course to Starscream.

And isn't the scream made by Blackout, which Keller shares with the others at the Pentagon made during the reaction scene Blackout supposedly made after the hard lines got cut? It may have been a while since I saw the film in theatres, but I'm pretty sure those things were the way they were in the theatrical version.