watched superman doomsday today... [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dolza_Khyron, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

It is a story that i've wanted to see come to life for such a long time, since it came out, yet, some how, the "justice league" team seems to of lost it's magic. it is just not nearly as good as the justice league episodes, it is an ok film, but, for as big of fan i am of the doomsday comics, this just did not do it justice, the voices for the most part did not fit the characters at all, the only voice i liked was P. whites, and Lex's voices, the others just didn't fit in my opinion.

the plot was ok. the fights were ok, but it was just nothing that once wowed me in justice league. not to mention that end kind'a mimics a current episode of Superman the Animated series. to me, the team has lost it's magic.

i hope new fronter will be better. but this film is just not as high quality written, nor entertaining, as any given justice league or batman, or superman episode.

how ever! i did like the references to the original superman cartoon shorts. like the robots, and the bullet cars and such, THAT was cool.

but other then that, it's lacking something, that just leaves me wondering what.

any how that is my opinion on this film

just had to find out if any one else shared the same opinions or not.

i don't know if this is in the right catagory but it is animation, and anime is animation, so i assume it is. if not please move it.

so what do you guys think of it? am i just being to harsh on it? i don't know.

edit: can a mod add "spoilers" to the title? we started getting into the story, and i don't want any one who has not watched it, who still wants to watch it, to get spoiled.

thank you in advance:thumb 

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

kinda wished they did the whole return of Superman arc...the transition from death to return was way too short.

but all in all, i kinda liked it.

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

It was alright. However, I would have really liked to see Cybord Superman in there. They didnt even giv Eradicator Superman the nifty yellow glasses. All in all Im glad Im not paying the $3 On-Demand that it cost. Though if I was, I could still sleep.

~Z

4. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Holy shit is that Commander Keen in your sig, Dolza???

~Z

5. Dolza_Khyron

there was no build up at all, the story went right in to the doomsday thing, with no real indication of any back story, other then that his fathers archives called him an "unstoppable" killing machine. and it goes right into the fight, after the fight, that's just it, the end of the talk of doomsday, it's like doomsday didn't even matter.

yes it's commander keen 1 edited so keen is inside the ID logo.

6. Dolza_Khyron

that was supposed to be Eradicator? there was not even any indication that, that IS what he was. wow, it was more like, in the bizaro cloned episode. another thing they took from the original, better show.

they also never explained what happened to doomsday! is he dead?

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

He comes back in Superman/Doomsday 2: The Search For More Money

8. Dolza_Khyron

ha ha probably :lol 

good thing i netflixed it :lol 

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This movie would of been the bomb diggity if they had replaced clone Supes with Cyborg Supes.

10. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, the movie didn't live up to the hype. I still have high hopes for New Frontier, though. I love that story.

11. Dolza_Khyron

i do too, but, they need to really impress me with the next project.

i wanted this one to be good, i really did, it disappointed me so much. i don't know maybe i was spoiled by the tv series.

12. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I picked it up the day that it came out, watched it and imediately wish I rented it from Xbox live. I think I'm going to forget that I've seen it.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I bought it the day it came out.
    I loved it.

It's a little odd because you have to keep telling yourself that this is out of DCAU continuity, but once you accept it as a standalone story it works. If they tried to fit it into a preexisting continuity we wouldn't have had those two "OMG" moments. If you've seen it, you will know what I mean.

That's why you shouldn't be bothered that The Eradicator didn't wear glasse -he wasn't The Eradicator!

I do think it could have gone longer than 70 minutes and it bothers me that they state that New Frontier works being compressed into 70 minutes.

Why do the movies have to only be 70 minutes long?

14. Dolza_Khyron

yea that is another thing that bothered me too, it seems that they rushed it, and it would of been nice to see some JL faces in the funeral. which is why it SHOULD of been made as part of the JLU universe, or at least a spin off of it. i know in that universe they already had doomsday vs superman, twice, but it would of been a better story in my opinion, as long as they are going off and changing stuff already, to just say doomsday escaped from the phantom zone, then to come from some alien craft and just start destroying things for no reason. it just didn't make much since to me. how ever i did like lex's line of "they used earth as a toilet" or something like that lol. that was pretty cool.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think the movie failed has a single movie. It would've been great has a Trilogy.
    The first movie could have been dedicated to just the Death of Superman, and could have included the beat down of the Justice League.

The Second movie could have dealt with The Funeral for a Friend Storyline, and ended with the beginning of the Reign of the Supermen.

The third movie would have been the Reign of the Supermen/Return of Superman.

But I suppose the quick buck was the easier thing to do.

I don't know...one of the big appeals to the original Doomsday story was that Doomsday just appeared out of nowhere, trashed the Justice Leage, and battle Superman across the country. I found it lame that they even explained that Doomsday was Kryptonian in origin, and the battle was confined to Metropolis.

16. Dolza_Khyron

well in one of the comics, doomsday is explained to be from krypton isn't he?

17. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I thought the Kevin Smith cameo was pretty funny.

18. Dolza_Khyron

yea lol me too. especially after i watched his thing about his work on "superman lives" lol, and he talked about how the producer wanted superman to fight a giant spider lol.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah, but that later on way after Supes had already died and returned.

I just think the DVD was something that had alot of potential but was wasted.

20. Dolza_Khyron

yea lol but my point is it is at least staying with the source. at least a little right there.

it had it's moments but it just could of been much much better. it just didn't wow me the way jlu or even Teen Titans did.